Official practice squad

Kaiser

Reaction score
...I still remember his new fast car with his number on it.. lol.. He was the shut down corner we were waiting for. We're still waiting.. ;).. And dont forget, one the greatest catches ever made was against him. Can you name that tune?

Megatron, but he did that to everyone.

Disagree on the Carr signing, he wasn't supposed to be a shut down corner. He was supposed to stop the bleeding at the position because TNew and Mike Jenkins both dropped off the previous year and it was a crying need Dallas had to fill in FA.

That year there really were two decent CBs on the market that offseason, Carr and Courtland Finnegan. They were both good #2s who got paid like a #1 in FA. Carr held up pretty well and wasn't completely overpaid until the last couple of years of that five year contract. Finnegan got the same contract and only had one decent year before he washed out.

Praxit

Reaction score
Megatron, but he did that to everyone.

Disagree on the Carr signing, he wasn't supposed to be a shut down corner. He was supposed to stop the bleeding at the position because TNew and Mike Jenkins both dropped off the previous year and it was a crying need Dallas had to fill in FA.

That year there really were two decent CBs on the market that offseason, Carr and Courtland Finnegan. They were both good #2s who got paid like a #1 in FA. Carr held up pretty well and wasn't completely overpaid until the last couple of years of that five year contract. Finnegan got the same contract and only had one decent year before he washed out.
...Kaiser, you probably forgot. But Beckham one handed TD grab in the end-zone, was mind blowing physicality. Mega did also have some good ones. Come to think of it, everyone did. ..;)..
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
...Kaiser, you probably forgot. But Beckham one handed TD grab in the end-zone, was mind blowing physicality. Mega did also have some good ones. Come to think of it, everyone did. ..;)..

Ahhhhhh. Yeah, that was one of best catches of all time.

I was thinking Megatron because he had a game where he had 7000 yards receiving against Dallas (OK, maybe 350) where Carr was the poor sap assigned to cover him. Carr probably had nightmares after that game for months.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think they do, but I’m sure active roster gets first choice. If 39 is still available and 2 PS players want it, I don’t know how they decide.
Yeah, to practice. Carr being a veteran, I think he may get it.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
The whole idea behind a practice squad is strange to me. Also that some teams have more of an advantage because players want to go there. Then the notion that stocking the practice squad is some kind of advantage, but also any other team can just decide to pay the player the minimum and pluck them off another team sometimes just to learn the teams plays....that’s weird.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
giphy.gif
All I remember is the Cowboys won that game.