Official Pre-Season Schedule Released

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$340 is a Weekend night out for some folks just sayin!! :flagwave:

Don't assume it was a mistake...

Value of $$ is relative
Oh I never thought it was a mistake. I had a great time going to games and having the fantastic seats that I had.
And when I was out of town I made my money back on the games I sold plus enough profit to go to a game or two, as of it was free.

I retired in late 2014. In 2016 I decided I just did not want to deal with it all anymore. And was able to get out at break even so jumped at that opportunity. I have never regretted it in having them or in selling them.

conner01

Reaction score
It will eventually happen. However I believe the CBA says that can’t happen until 2030.
They allowed the 17th game at the owners discretion but must have been between 2022 and 2025 I believe. Of course they did it right away.

Now it doesn’t mean they can’t renegotiate that part of the CBA and add that game before 2030.
I know some hate pre season but I preferred the 4 games myself. The pre season is not about the stars but is so important for the young players. I guess since starter don’t play much at all now they do get reps but now I think vets play so little that they don’t get enough. I get the whole injury risk in a meaningless game but sure is important to the bottom of the roster
I can imagine 2 is probably a lock because if it comes with 18 games that’s a lot more revenue and one thing about the league, it’s all about revenue these days

conner01

Reaction score
The problem with that last preseason game is no one making the team played. Just the scrubs or a few fighting for a spot on the PS.
That’s true. But no matter how many you play no team is risking a guy the last game because the season starts so soon after
I just think guys on the bottom of the roster which is generally young players need those reps. Practice is so controlled now that it’s really hard to practice at real game speed and contact is so limited today

Jarntt

Reaction score
All Saturday games. Hopefully they will be easy to find on TV. Or at least catch the replay on NFLN the next day.

I honestly don't care who they play. I'm far more interested in seeing our guys and the battle for precious roster spots.

And finally having REAL football talk in here again!!!
Exactly. I Don’t even care who wins. I know most have no use for preseason games but I Just love watching the guys I haven’t seen before or much of and/or the ones we are hoping to earn a spot.