Official rant on Dak thread

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You explain how the guy who touches the ball on every offensive play but only scores 3 points in the 2nd half (maybe six if MM doesn't go for it on 4th down and kicks the FG) takes none of the blame or responsibility when the team loses? You don't win many games in the NFL scoring 3 points or even 6 in the 2nd half of football games. It is his job to put points on the board

Yet another mindless rant about this one, singular player on offense of 11 players on any given play, bares 100% of the responsibility and fault for points not scored. That any of the other 10 players who didn't preform their job on EVERY SINGLE play really had nothing to do with it. It's only that one singular player who's fault it is. Nobody is or will say that Prescott played a perfect game, but neither did the other 10 players. How about an injury depleted O-line that allowed Prescott to be pressured on just about every passing play or how bout when it was most needed a normally sure handed receiver doesn't hang onto the ball on a crucial 3rd down or another receiver who on that last drive pushes off to catch the ball at the rams 15 yard line that would have at the minimum would have guaranteed the game went into OT or they could have scored a winning TD. Prescott haters are always going to put 100% of the blame on Prescott but those that aren't haters see many other reasons why he isn't 100% to blame. This game at times the offense sucked and for most of the game the defense sucked especially the front 4 who didn't put much pressure on Goff with just a single sack all game and allowing the rams offense to hang on to the ball for 11 minutes longer than the Cowboys or only recording a single 3 and out or allowing the rams to convert 52% of their 3rd downs.

There was plenty of blame to go around.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Dak had some nice plays and showed some promise. He has the potential to be a constantly good QB some day worth 40 mil but just not yet. Maybe give Dalton a go and see what he can do.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Dak cannot put together 60 minutes of good football. It’s disturbing. Dak is 0-8 in his last 8 games that come down to 1 score or less. That is beyond disturbing. He isn’t getting the job done.

Or completely eliminating himself as a source of the problem.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
have a few more beers a three point game isn't out of reach in any universe

Have a few more yourself. I was and still am, 100% sober.

I feel sorry for MM, the staff and the entire team for that ****** up call.

It's a loss that they can't get back. The way I see it, we're the only universe involved.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Yet another mindless rant about this one, singular player on offense of 11 players on any given play, bares 100% of the responsibility and fault for points not scored. That any of the other 10 players who didn't preform their job on EVERY SINGLE play really had nothing to do with it. It's only that one singular player who's fault it is. Nobody is or will say that Prescott played a perfect game, but neither did the other 10 players. How about an injury depleted O-line that allowed Prescott to be pressured on just about every passing play or how bout when it was most needed a normally sure handed receiver doesn't hang onto the ball on a crucial 3rd down or another receiver who on that last drive pushes off to catch the ball at the rams 15 yard line that would have at the minimum would have guaranteed the game went into OT or they could have scored a winning TD. Prescott haters are always going to put 100% of the blame on Prescott but those that aren't haters see many other reasons why he isn't 100% to blame. This game at times the offense sucked and for most of the game the defense sucked especially the front 4 who didn't put much pressure on Goff with just a single sack all game and allowing the rams offense to hang on to the ball for 11 minutes longer than the Cowboys or only recording a single 3 and out or allowing the rams to convert 52% of their 3rd downs.

There was plenty of blame to go around.
where this entire rant failed is when you posted it assuming anyone is putting 100% of the blame on him. No one ever does that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
92.5 passer rating, 266 passing yards, 64.1 completions % with 1 TD and 0 turnovers (Dak) compared to 79.4 passer rating, 275 passing yards, 64.5 completions % with 0 TDs and 1 INT (Goff).

Looks like some dink and dunk stats to me. In the first half, it seemed like the Rams should've been far ahead of us but we lucked out with the score, but then looked a gift horse in the mouth. Dak did plenty of mistakes yesterday and didn't look good. Of course he always looks good to you apologists who will always find someone on our team to shift his share of the blame to.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t the problem.

Passing up a FG to tie the game was a big mistake.

Defense sucks as usual.
One of my biggest issues under Garrett was playing not to lose. I can't complain about going for the lead after griping on Garrett so much for not doing the same.

And can MM call plays in the red zone? As long as it's not Moore I'll be good.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Why dis Tony? At least you believe deep down, Tony could have won this game. You know it.

I'm not dissing Tony, he was wasted here. Dak isn't a bad quarterback either and might be wasted here as well. Dak was in Dink and Dunk mode and did plenty of other things wrong but the Dak Apologists will always shift the blame. Tony wouldn't have Dink and Dunked in this game, he was a big play quarterback and would've went down field when we needed to. This is one game and we haven't had a preseason, so its not enough to judge Dak by for the season. Besides Aldon Smith and Zeke, the whole team looked bad to me.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not dissing Tony, he was wasted here. Dak isn't a bad quarterback either and might be wasted here as well. Dak was in Dink and Dunk mode and did plenty of other things wrong but the Dak Apologists will always shift the blame. Tony wouldn't have Dink and Dunked in this game, he was a big play quarterback and would've went down field when we needed to. This is one game and we haven't had a preseason, so its not enough to judge Dak by for the season. Besides Aldon Smith and Zeke, the whole team looked bad to me.
Romo wasn't wasted here. The rest of the post is spot on. Air it out and dink and dunk are both detrimental at times I'm hoping Dak finds the right balance.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
and all you've done is shout down anyone including Dak in the blame. You have to be absolutely delusional to not see his role in our losses, it's very evident.

It's what you call an Apologist, someone who will never blame the person that they are apologist for. Dak doesn't deserve all the blame, but he didn't look hot today and deserves some of the blame. Too early to judge him for the rest of the season.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What does Goff have to do with anything? Aside from the fact that Goff lead the game the entire time and won the game, I don't think mentioning him is even relevant to the fact that we shouldn't lock up that much money in Dak if he's going to score 17 points a game and lose.

Dak dink and dunked when he shouldn't, but for anyone listening to the game Dink and Dunking was part of the Rams game plan, They were worried about our passrush and knew our secondary was suspect, so as the announcer said they goff was doing quick releases to take the passrush out of the equation. He did what he had to, to win the game. We on the other hand got behind a few times and there was a need for the big play to catch up, but we stayed in dink and dunk mode when we shouldn't have. And dink and dunking isn't always bad, you just have to be able to go deep when you have to. Ask Brady.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
wait now we have had to play the game to point out mistakes by the team?

Which nfl team did you play for?

Not to mention that there are plenty of former players out there, who are as often as wrong as fans at predicting the game and how a team will do. Some former NFL Players know the game and could be coaches, and then some know their position but not the game.

Brax

Reaction score
I know you are not ignorant enough to not realize how the officials stole the game from the Cowboys tonight with that horrible offensive pass interference against Gallup. That's not including the terrible situational playcall decisions by the coaching staff.
Please just stop with the excuses they are not allowed this year.Same old same old. We get it Roger called and said do not let the Cowboys wins.

Hadenough

Reaction score
First off McCarthy lost this game. dumb dumb call to go for it in a close defensive second half when he can tie it!
Problem with Dak he is inconsistent! Looks good at times and other times cant get it going. He needs 3 downs to throw the ball because his chances of completing a 3rd down passing play are too hot cold. This is the same exact stuff I saw last year.