Draft Day ****Official Round 1 Draft Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You don't draft a "prototype" in the first round. You draft a "prototype" in the 4th round. They are projects. First round players should be pretty much ready to start.

th

skinsscalper

Reaction score
You don't draft a "prototype" in the first round. You draft a "prototype" in the 4th round. They are projects. First round players should be pretty much ready to start.
You're confusing potential with prototype. You DO draft prototypes in the first round. Maybe dictionary.com would help clear the confusion for you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if Balitmore takes Ridley or Harrison....Newsome loves him some Bama Players

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The funny part is even now they can’t admit that winning that game was useless.

That game cost us Edmunds or James. Simple as that.

Who are "they"? Name one.

Anyone with a clue, not named Jerry, knew that win was meaningless. Those of you acting like you discovered plutonium are cracking me up.

Aven8

Reaction score
After one year.
After one year, everyone said what a huge mistake Dallas made taking DeMarcus Ware instead of DROY Shawne Merriman.
One year does not a career make

Not exactly the same type players but I get the point. Taco is going to be good IMO if he fills out.

mardwin

Reaction score
I have to commend you on your 20/20 hindsight.

For every Brady and Romo you can name, there are 100s the evaluators got right.

If you think LVE is a pro bowler then good for you, I believe he was a reach that will have minimum impact. Doubt he will match Hitchens productivity, who had to start in yr one.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
After one year.
After one year, everyone said what a huge mistake Dallas made taking DeMarcus Ware instead of DROY Shawne Merriman.
One year does not a career make

Oh do I remember the Merriman days. Internet experts were all over him. :muttley:

TWOK11

Reaction score
The guy was a 1 yr starter... how can you say he reached his ceiling?

Because NFL improvement has as much if not more to do with S&C as it does experience. Most players receive paltry S&C training and nutrition in college compared to what is offered to NFL players. It's why every Alabama lineman comes out weighing 20 pounds more and doing 4-5 more reps on the bench than everyone else.

Evans is at or close to his physical peak. His strength, speed, etc. will not change much. That is in contrast to nearly every other prospect who has a lot of potential to remake their bodies with NFL S&C programs.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let's give LVE a chance. Cowboys needed LB badly especially with Lee and Smith having injury concerns. Stay with defense Cowboys.

You had me Uva till you said "stay with defense". LOL Yeah I know we need defense too,
but we also need an OG and a WR. :)

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Wow reading the last few pages of this thread you’d think we’re the worst drafting team in the league.

Taco Charlton

Status
Not open for further replies.