Draft Day ****Official Round 1 Draft Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A second player of mine who plays offensive line for Boise State just texted me and said LVE hit him harder than he's ever been hit before.

I also just realized a hidden bonus for me personally of drafting Leighton. Almost zero chance we take Josey Jewell now. Woo hoo!

Second round-wise for the Cowboys, my board would look like something like this
Harold Landry
Jessie Bates
Will Hernandez
Mike Gesicki
Christian Kirk
Justin Reid
Rasheem Green
Tavarius Moore
Connor Williams
Courtland Sutton
Sam Hubbard
Ronnie Harrison
Isiah Oliver
James Daniels
Lorenzo Carter
Nathan Shepherd
Kyzir White
Josh Jackson
Malik Jefferson

or even better, trade it for Earl.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Probably because rooting against your team is a pointless exercise, as you acknowledged in the first sentence.
Every game the cowboys play I have a hope that is in the beat interst of the team.

Dont you?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LVE's defense radius is a bit bigger than Evans. He should be able to drop deep from the MLB position and provide decent coverage. That move's Smith to the SAM although I wonder if they should move Smith to the Will and Lee to the Sam. It may take awhile before he's ready to start.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And the better part of it is that he's much better mentally than Rolando, so I don't think we'll have to worry about off the field issues with him.
If we were to finagle one of those two 4th Rd. Picks for Seattle's E.T. & scoop up Shaquem Griffin with the other 4th rounder, addressing that offensive guard position in the 2nd wouldn't be all that harsh at all,,,& bundle a couple of those 6th Rd. Picks to move up somewhere,,,for Hernandez maybe?,,,just cuz' the war room kept it's powder dry tonight doesn't mean they won't know how to let the smoke&fire fly when necessary.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hey the defense first guys got a guy. The LB'ers guy got a guy. Solid pick. We got defense and depth at a huge need position. Thrilled? Not exactly. O line would have thrilled me. It's not about me

Agreed. Vander Esch filled a definite need. But IMO, OG is also a definite need and I don't think it was adequately dealt with by FA, and I suspect Tyron Smith's back problems will just be a continuing problem.
Fleming might help the depth at LT, but LG is still a big question mark, and I don't like the way Dallas relies on playing musical chairs to fill holes on the OL.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If we were to finagle one of those two 4th Rd. Picks for Seattle's E.T. & scoop up Shaquem Griffin with the other 4th rounder, addressing that offensive guard position in the 2nd wouldn't be all that harsh at all,,,& bundle a couple of those 6th Rd. Picks to move up somewhere,,,for Hernandez maybe?,,,just cuz' the war room kept it's powder dry tonight doesn't mean they won't know how to let the smoke&fire fly when necessary.

That would be a tremendous draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
His stat line las year:

DEFENSIVE LEADERS GP Solo Ast Total TFL-Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BU PD Qbh FF
38 VANDER ESCH, L. 14 91 50 141 8.5 - 50 4.0 - 43 3 - 47 4 7 1 4

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
he would be a fit in NY. hope he doesnt go there.

I had him mocked there for the longest time.....then I finally moved him into the first to the Vikings..Looks like I might be right the first time:banghead:

Honestly...what the hell were the Vikings thinking? another CB? Terence Newman has got to be pissed....;)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
His stat line las year:

DEFENSIVE LEADERS GP Solo Ast Total TFL-Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BU PD Qbh FF
38 VANDER ESCH, L. 14 91 50 141 8.5 - 50 4.0 - 43 3 - 47 4 7 1 4

Yup...141 tackles...kid sucks;)

:lmao2:Gotta love the Zone

Gonna be funny when Sean Lee's numbers go down and people can't figure out why???? Ok...I kid. Lee is gonna be a great mentor. But it won't take LVE long to catch on.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That would be a tremendous draft.
Whew,fur!!!,,,it'd be KILLER!

* I'D just expended precious brain cells in the Frantic on-line search for our new linebackers jersey number,,,couldn't cut sign of it in any direct google search,,,, but, what fuzzed up those walking wounded ones was the info of our former #33's jersey number fixing to slim down to the #24( as of late FEB.) ,,,thusly streamlining into the WOODS,LEWIS battle units alongside of #'s 25&27 which is rather AWESOMELY COOL in a numbered blocked draft of casing-liner,,,:thumbup:

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Whew,fur!!!,,,it'd be KILLER!

* I'D just expended precious brain cells in the Frantic on-line search for our new linebackers jersey number,,,couldn't cut sign of it in any direct google search,,,, but, what fuzzed up those walking wounded ones was the info of our former #33's jersey number fixing to slim down to the #24( as of late FEB.) ,,,thusly streamlining into the WOODS,LEWIS battle units of #'s 25&27 which is rather AWESOMELY COOL in a numbered blocked draft of casing-liner,,,:thumbup:

That it would be. I'm excited for tomorrow's picks. I think we're in for some fun picks tomorrow.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

10-4 on Hernandez there Melonfeud! He would excel at that LG position for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.