Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Biggems;2099021 said:
We have 3 draft choices in the June draft. Since Splitter wont be coming over, I can see us getting a big man in the draft....maybe a Jason Thompson, the non lottery Lopez brother, Hardin, or even Dorsey. We need rebounding in a big way. We also need some solid shooting.

I thought that Splitter's contract was up this year and was coming to the spurs next season. Did he sign a new contract with another team?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2099025 said:
My Lakers are finially back where we belong, in Championships. The black mamba strikes again. Great series Spurs but I wanted to beat the Champs and we did just that.

congrats, now you can sit back and enjoy another championship at the hands of the Leastern conference, lol but really the lakers are a really good team, you should be proud that they turned it around so fast

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Biggems;2099029 said:
even though the series went 4-1....for the most part the games were much closer than the series outcome...

im very upset and bitter that the Spurs lost...but at least they didnt quit......they fought till the end.
No doubt. Thats the sign of champions and you guys are just that.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2099030 said:
i was mainly saying that to make your panties all in a wad. i actually think the celtics woul be a really good team if they had a decent coach. flip isnt much of a coach, phil will destroy him mentally. and the pistons series isnt over yet so i dotn know what your gloating about. oh, and its still the Leastern conference.

i dont think any player can win by himself, kobe cant do it without a good player around him, shaq is the same, duncan, wilt, MJ, bird, Magic, you name them, they all had great players around them. If you win, you win, it doesnt matter who your teammates are

Cool -

Boston on Road raped and pillaged Texas. We are up 3-2 on Pistons. All the "doubting Celtic" crap to date has been silenced, and on eve of June:)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Walker;2099033 said:
I thought that Splitter's contract was up this year and was coming to the spurs next season. Did he sign a new contract with another team?

ya, there are lots of rumors going around that he is staying in europe, now i really hate that guy

thekavorka

Reaction score
they're saying that splitter signed a contract that was worth like 8x as much as what he'd be getting with the spurs. i dont blame him.

I still can't get over Vujacic's 3 at the end. good thing i didnt bet on the game.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
MC KAos;2099035 said:
congrats, now you can sit back and enjoy another championship at the hands of the Leastern conference, lol but really the lakers are a really good team, you should be proud that they turned it around so fast
Thanks dog. I think Boston or Detriot won't be easy but it will me a classic either way. I just don't think Kobe will let us lose.

cowheel

Reaction score
MC KAos;2099030 said:
i was mainly saying that to make your panties all in a wad. i actually think the celtics woul be a really good team if they had a decent coach. flip isnt much of a coach, phil will destroy him mentally. and the pistons series isnt over yet so i dotn know what your gloating about. oh, and its still the Leastern conference.

i dont think any player can win by himself, kobe cant do it without a good player around him, shaq is the same, duncan, wilt, MJ, bird, Magic, you name them, they all had great players around them. If you win, you win, it doesnt matter who your teammates are

Agreed.

Gasol is a good player - but nowhere near "dominant"! lol
Amazing how he didn't get that "dominant" stamp til he came to the Lakers and started playing with Kobe.

I watched the guy play 6 years in Memphis.... and never heard him described as dominant. Rarely saw him in the playoffs...
He's definitely a good player... All-Star caliber? hmmm... well now he definitely is.
But funny how much better he looks playing with 24.

Kobe made it to the POs in the Western Confernece with Kwame Brown as the best post player on the team... and Smush Parker as the point guard.
-and took the Phoenix Suns (no pushovers by the way) to 7 games.

He needed a dominant big man to win in the POs?
LOL pleeeease... stop hatin' and appreciate.

Nah... he just needed "DECENT" big man - as everyone does in the NBA...

cowheel

Reaction score
Nors;2099048 said:
Beware the Ides of Boston

It's so great seeing Celtics fans again!
I thought they had joined the dinosaurs and the dodo birds.

Good 4 u guys!

See u in the finals!

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
cowheel;2099047 said:
Agreed.

Gasol is a good player - but nowhere near "dominant"! lol
Amazing how he didn't get that "dominant" stamp til he came to the Lakers and started playing with Kobe.

I watched the guy play 6 years in Memphis.... and never heard him described as dominant. Rarely saw him in the playoffs...
He's definitely a good player... All-Star caliber? hmmm... well now he definitely is.
But funny how much better he looks playing with 24.

Kobe made it to the POs in the Western Confernece with Kwame Brown as the best post player on the team... and Smush Parker as the point guard.
-and took the Phoenix Suns (no pushovers by the way) to 7 games.

He needed a dominant big man to win in the POs?
LOL pleeeease... stop hatin' and appreciate.

Nah... he just needed "DECENT" big man - as everyone does in the NBA...
I agree 110%.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Biggems;2099006 said:
When you are the defending Champs and you have 2 large leads and lose, you choked....

or maybe the Spurs just got beat by a better team...

cowheel;2099017 said:
lol... dominant big man.
Gasol has definitely been dominant! lol

Gotta luv haters.

Guess Shaq needs a dominant 2 guard to win...

Not a hater at all... in fact I was rooting for the Spurs before most of these guys in here were born...

I'm just realistic...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Grats to the Lakers ...... the better team this year won.

I will be rooting for the Lakers if they play Boston ..... will root for Detroit if they get in.

Once again ...... Laker were the better team ...... no excuses.

Laker fans have every right to feel great right now.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
zrinkill;2099067 said:
Grats to the Lakers ...... the better team this year won.

I will be rooting for the Lakers if they play Boston ..... will root for Detroit if they get in.

Once again ...... Laker were the better team ...... no excuses.

Laker fans have every right to feel great right now.

We do.....Or at least I do :)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
curses to you bone...first the Sooners and now the Lakers....next u are going to tell me that u are a St. Louis Cardinals fan....

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
Biggems;2099102 said:
curses to you bone...first the Sooners and now the Lakers....next u are going to tell me that u are a St. Louis Cardinals fan....
Huh ???? Actually I'm a Braves Fan....

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2099048 said:
Beware the Ides of Boston

what do they have to beware of, your disappearing acts after your team loses? you should worry about winning the Leastern conference first dont you think?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Splitter has a choice....come to SA or resign with Tau. If he comes to SA, he will get to live his dream of playing in the NBA....but if he resigns with Tau, he will make a buttload more money than he could for the next 3 years, due to the rookie salary cap the NBA has.

From the numbers I saw, Splitter would get like 9 million euros over 3 years from Tau....and that would translate to like 3-4 million euros (after the conversion) if he signed with the Spurs...also, he would make even less money because of some tax that foreign players have to pay for working over here.

So he can live his dream and sign with the Spurs.....but if he were to get injured and his career over, he would have no real finances to fall back on. If he signs with Tau, it gives him so much more financial security. Also, he already knows that league and the Euro way of life.....so it is more comfortable for him to stay.

I have no hard feelings towards him if he stays with Tau. I dont blame him for going for the money if he does. I just hope that if he does stay with Tau, that he did give coming to the Spurs some very strong consideration, before ultimately turning them down.

One other thing. The Tau deal is for 3 years I believe. If he remains healthy, he can still come to the Spurs in his mid 20s...and be that much more seasoned. He would essentially arrive just as Duncan is walking out the door.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Ides was 15th of March......beware the Ides of Boston?

Boston has 16 Championships. Boston needs to win 16 playoff games to win their 17th Championship.

Beware the Ides of Boston makes absolutely no sense.......maybe you should have said.....something that brought up the numbers 16 or 17.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2099108 said:
The Ides was 15th of March......beware the Ides of Boston?

Boston has 16 Championships. Boston needs to win 16 playoff games to win their 17th Championship.

Beware the Ides of Boston makes absolutely no sense.......maybe you should have said.....something that brought up the numbers 16 or 17.

As a Mavs fan, I don't care too much for the Spurs, but more than that, I cannot stand Kobe Bryant. He gets on my nerves. I don't mind arrogance but his attitude mixed with social ineptitude just kills me. Anyway, I was really rooting for San Antonio to beat the Lakers because I don't think that either team from the east will be able to.

The Spurs definitely had their chances, but they just could not hit shots in any of the 4 losses. They had a really hard time adjusting to the Lakers D. They are definitely going to need to make a big roster splash next year to stay competitive. They need a solid perimeter shooter in my opinion because the guys that they had this season that were SUPPOSED to fill that role (Finley, Barry, Horry) just were not getting the job done at all.