***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yes, the default version is dubbed. I go for the original, can't stand Wayne's World dub lips. Netflix is known now for a ton of great international TV and movie, so I think they invest heavy in the dubbing.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Watched the Sopranos prequel The Many Saints of Newark last night. Was very much looking forward to it, but was unfortunately disappointed. Thin characters, underdeveloped plot, and the pace, tone and utter lack of humor made for a big let down. The Breaking Bad movie El Camino was vastly superior.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the Sopranos prequel The Many Saints of Newark last night. Was very much looking forward to it, but was unfortunately disappointed. Thin characters, underdeveloped plot, and the pace, tone and utter lack of humor made for a big let down. The Breaking Bad movie El Camino was vastly superior.
This was a waste of time and I am just glad they didn't try and make that into a series. 3.3/10

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, the default version is dubbed. I go for the original, can't stand Wayne's World dub lips. Netflix is known now for a ton of great international TV and movie, so I think they invest heavy in the dubbing.
I'm watching e3 right now, but not sure how much longer I can take this. Maybe the acting seems better with subtitles instead of dubbing?

Creeper

Reaction score
I started watching The Defeated on Netflix. It probably would have made a better movie because it is a little slow as an 8 episode series. It isn't bad though. Having the Germans and Russians speak their native languages (with subtitles) is a lot better than having everyone speak English. Some people might not like that but I think it adds authenticity to these period shows taking place in a foreign country, in this case Germany. Taylor Kitsch should drop the attempt at a Brooklyn accent. It is a little distracting at times but having been born in Brooklyn myself, I believe many Brooklynites did have a thick accent at that time. I suspect cops were more likely to have an Irish accent in 1946 though. I am halfway through it and I am not negative about it yet. Of course the last 4 episodes are going to make it or break it.

It story takes place right after the war in Europe ends with the French, English, Americans and Russians each controlling a section of Berlin. It offers a perspective of what this was like for the German people (most people in 1946 did not really care what happened to the German people after the war, especially the Russians who were brutal to German civilians, especially the women.) But this show is a crime story as the main plot. Not my typical type of series to watch but I am not turned off by it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the first episode of Foundation last night.

I think this is going to be a good one.
My wife told me last night she has a free, 3-month Apple TV trial subscription. The previews have intrigued me. It is highly likely I will give the show a shot, at least, while I can for free, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My wife told me last night she has a free, 3-month Apple TV trial subscription. The previews have intrigued me. It is highly likely I will give the show a shot, at least, while I can for free, lol.
Oh, it's Apple? See, that's why I put what streaming service it is when I mention a different show!:D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, it's Apple? See, that's why I put what streaming service it is when I mention a different show!:D
Naming the streaming service does come in handy. I would not have a clue about Foundation if not for its commercials I saw during broadcast and cable shows.

Off-topic but that particular advertising practice makes me feel old. There was a time when anything pertaining to another network's shows were NEVER shown on a competing network. Now there are so many different networks and streaming services that it no longer matters I guess, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Naming the streaming service does come in handy. I would not have a clue about Foundation if not for its commercials I saw during broadcast and cable shows.

Off-topic but that particular advertising practice makes me feel old. There was a time when anything pertaining to another network's shows were NEVER shown on a competing network. Now there are so many different networks and streaming services that it no longer matters I guess, lol.
If the price is right...or if the service is a sister of the one you're watching.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

That is too bad it is one of the few movies I was actually looking forward to seeing. Should have known they would half-fast it to make a quick buck.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Watched the 8th episode of What If...? and the action was awesome! But unfortunately it had one flaw.
While Lake Bell and Alexandra Daniels did well in their roles, there's no substitute for James Spader...
wqRnPYW.png

I was really hyped thinking Spader had signed on. Some of the audience did not like him in Avengers: Age of Ultron but I loved it.

Jeffrey Wright's smoothly calm delivery has been fantastic. His narration has added a real Rod Sterling-like quality to the series. And watching (pun intending) Uatu kick butt was really fun.
I agree. Avengers: Age of Ultron tried to do too much, it's flaws weren't related to James Spader. His Ultron delivery had a menacing dread. I enjoyed it. Just like Jeffery Wright's smoothly calm Uatu. :cool:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
The season finale of What If...? was action packed. Also watch the end credits...
The action was fun, from the double shield take down to the swarming Mjolnirs...
kmyXaZP.gif
The redemption of Strange-Supreme was marvelous, he was definitely the MVP.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Season 2 for the Stark on Sakaar episode...
uKqg0zv.gif
Inopportune delays in production changed the season from ten episodes to nine.

But at least Captain Carter can finally collect that dance that Rogers owes her...
3M9CLty.gif
The first season was entertaining and I look forward to watching the next season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The season finale of What If...? was action packed. Also watch the end credits...
The action was fun, from the double shield take down to the swarming Mjolnirs...
kmyXaZP.gif
The redemption of Strange-Supreme was marvelous, he was definitely the MVP.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Season 2 for the Stark on Sakaar episode...
uKqg0zv.gif
Inopportune delays in production changed the season from ten episodes to nine.

But at least Captain Carter can finally collect that dance that Rogers owes her...
3M9CLty.gif
The first season was entertaining and I look forward to watching the next season.
The last two episodes made it all worth the lesser ones. The finale was amazing.

When you said to watch the end credits, did you mean for the scene you posted?

Last edited: