***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m just starting episode 4 but it’s really noticeable how little ‘super’ things I’m seeing from a show based on people with ‘super powers’. Maybe they’re saving the effects budget for later episodes, but again, it’s absence is noticeable.
Oh, that changes.

Creeper

Reaction score
So I tried to watch The Boys Season 3 Episode 6 this morning when I was on the treadmill. I kept getting an error "Something went wrong - Try again later". I tried everything. Resetting my TV, logging out and back in, re-authorizing my TV to Amazon, resetting the network connection. Nothing worked. I was pretty fired up so I opened a chat session with Amazon. Useless.

What's weird is it was only Episode 6. Episode 5 and 7 loaded without a problem. I tried several other shows on Amazon, they played without issue as well. For some reason my Samsung TV would not allow me to watch The Boys Season 3 Episode 6. I tried to explain the problem to Amazon customer service in India and they couldn't seem to understand what I was saying. I got the feeling their employees never streamed a series on Amazon.

I wound up watching it on my iPhone and it is just not the same. I have to try to re-watch it on another TV I guess.

Creeper

Reaction score
I’m just starting episode 4 but it’s really noticeable how little ‘super’ things I’m seeing from a show based on people with ‘super powers’. Maybe they’re saving the effects budget for later episodes, but again, it’s absence is noticeable.

I think that is the point of the show. The Super heroes don't do anything Super. You never see them saving people. They only put them in harms way or they create the harm. They are consumed by their own corruption.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I tried to watch The Boys Season 3 Episode 6 this morning when I was on the treadmill. I kept getting an error "Something went wrong - Try again later". I tried everything. Resetting my TV, logging out and back in, re-authorizing my TV to Amazon, resetting the network connection. Nothing worked. I was pretty fired up so I opened a chat session with Amazon. Useless.

What's weird is it was only Episode 6. Episode 5 and 7 loaded without a problem. I tried several other shows on Amazon, they played without issue as well. For some reason my Samsung TV would not allow me to watch The Boys Season 3 Episode 6. I tried to explain the problem to Amazon customer service in India and they couldn't seem to understand what I was saying. I got the feeling their employees never streamed a series on Amazon.

I wound up watching it on my iPhone and it is just not the same. I have to try to re-watch it on another TV I guess.
Maybe your rating settings, if that's a thing? Was it too hardcore?

joseephuss

Reaction score

Amazon is the only streaming service that I have trouble with. It tends to get the audio and video out of syn. I have to restart the stream a couple of times usually and there are times where I have to force stop the app and then clear the cache and data. A hassle and a weird one since I'm using an Amazon Firestick..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Amazon is the only streaming service that I have trouble with. It tends to get the audio and video out of syn. I have to restart the stream a couple of times usually and there are times where I have to force stop the app and then clear the cache and data. A hassle and a weird one since I'm using an Amazon Firestick..
I've never had any issue whatsoever with Prime. Maybe the Firestick is your problem?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Maybe your rating settings, if that's a thing? Was it too hardcore?
Well, that was the "Herogasm" episode and maybe his Samsung went all HAL 2001...........

hal9000-hal.gif

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

The one I have the most problems with is HBO Max. I cannot get that thing to stay bug free in offline mode. Never fails. Updated and all, but maybe get to watch 1-2 episodes of a TV show on the plane (airplane mode, no connection) and then it freezes forever until I get back online.

Creeper

Reaction score
I've never had any issue whatsoever with Prime. Maybe the Firestick is your problem?

I watched it over again tonight on my Roku. No problems. I think it is some kind of caching problem on the Samsung TV. I have multiple Samsung TVs and the Prime app is different on each of them. I imagine if that is how Samsung wants to do it they have a huge maintenance problem on their hands, or they don't update their apps to fix bugs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched it over again tonight on my Roku. No problems. I think it is some kind of caching problem on the Samsung TV. I have multiple Samsung TVs and the Prime app is different on each of them. I imagine if that is how Samsung wants to do it they have a huge maintenance problem on their hands, or they don't update their apps to fix bugs.
My TV is a Samsung.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just watched Pink Floyd - The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon (Classic Album) on Prime. Loved it! I wish the band had continued with that sense of unity and passion.
Oh, didn't know that was a thing (I, for some reason, always forget about our Prime account). Going to have to watch that one.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just wrapped up Season 04 of The Wire. What a fantastic show. Kind of bummed I only have 1 season left.
One of the all time great TV Shows, I was late to the party and finally watched several years ago. Hard to believe you hadn't watched it before, but kinda envious of that first time watching experience.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I finished watching Ms. Marvel, it was OK, not great, not bad, just OK. Some parts I liked, some of the historical and cultural references, but it got too cartoony at times. I get that I'm not the demographic for the character and there will be shows for all types of viewers, but it got borderline Nickelodeon at times and fully expected someone to get green slimed.

They finally did go full Nickelodeon in that last episode with the foam scene, it made me groan. The best I can say was at least it wasn't green slime...... o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finished watching Ms. Marvel, it was OK, not great, not bad, just OK. Some parts I liked, some of the historical and cultural references, but it got too cartoony at times. I get that I'm not the demographic for the character and there will be shows for all types of viewers, but it got borderline Nickelodeon at times and fully expected someone to get green slimed.

They finally did go full Nickelodeon in that last episode with the foam scene, it made me groan. The best I can say was at least it wasn't green slime...... o_O
I could see that from the trailers. No interest, but thanks for confirming!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
One of the all time great TV Shows, I was late to the party and finally watched several years ago. Hard to believe you hadn't watched it before, but kinda envious of that first time watching experience.
Yeah I had always heard, from so many different people, that it was a great show. I just kept putting it off though, to the point I basically forgot about it, and finally decided to dive into the show a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I finally did!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yeah I had always heard, from so many different people, that it was a great show. I just kept putting it off though, to the point I basically forgot about it, and finally decided to dive into the show a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I finally did!
That's what kinda happened with me too. I watched it between seasons back when Breaking Bad was on the air. People had been going back and forth between the two about which was better, so finally decided to watch it. I got hooked had some pretty tired days after staying up too late cuz I had to watch just one more episode.....lol