***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
That's what kinda happened with me too. I watched it between seasons back when Breaking Bad was on the air. People had been going back and forth between the two about which was better, so finally decided to watch it. I got hooked had some pretty tired days after staying up too late cuz I had to watch just one more episode.....lol
To me that is that is the ultimate sign of respect for a great show. Breaking Bad and The Wire are two of those. The latest for me is Better Call Saul. If you liked Breaking Bad, this show is a must watch.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wrapped up Season 04 of The Wire. What a fantastic show. Kind of bummed I only have 1 season left.
The cast was amazing, it was like they'd all been together for years and it got me to following the careers of Clarke Peters, Michael K. Williams, Wood Harris and Wendell Pierce, one of my favorites.

Peters and Pierce were cast in Treme, a great series about post Katrina New Orleans and created by David Simon, the creator of The Wire.

I wish he'd done a season 6 of The Wire instead of We Own This City, a poor rip off.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The cast was amazing, it was like they'd all been together for years and it got me to following the careers of Clarke Peters, Michael K. Williams, Wood Harris and Wendell Pierce, one of my favorites.

Peters and Pierce were cast in Treme, a great series about post Katrina New Orleans and created by David Simon, the creator of The Wire.

I wish he'd done a season 6 of The Wire instead of We Own This City, a poor rip off.
That first season of Treme was excellent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, the design of the show was great. Music was good(live and soundtrack), no laugh track, it was a good show/season
And the actors playing musicians were required to be real musicians. Loved seeing Steve Earle.

I felt that was John Goodman's best role and he was delivering a lot of that from the heart because he fell in love with Louisiana when making Everybody's All American.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That's what kinda happened with me too. I watched it between seasons back when Breaking Bad was on the air. People had been going back and forth between the two about which was better, so finally decided to watch it. I got hooked had some pretty tired days after staying up too late cuz I had to watch just one more episode.....lol
Oh man, that takes me back to the Lost days. I remember my wife and I would finish up an episode around 12-1am, look at each other, and say "ahhh one more!". I've never had a show hook me like that, and also disappoint me like that, in the long-run. I still don't know what the heck happened. haha I can see why they called it Lost.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh man, that takes me back to the Lost days. I remember my wife and I would finish up an episode around 12-1am, look at each other, and say "ahhh one more!". I've never had a show hook me like that, and also disappoint me like that, in the long-run. I still don't know what the heck happened. haha I can see why they called it Lost.
Some of these people don't know if the pilot will sell and don't know where they're going to take it, then they've got a bull by the horns.

I knew one of the programming execs at NBC back in the day and he told me the Hill St. Blues v St. Elsewhere story. Neither show had great ratings in their first season because they weren't star driven and on the front side of the ensemble cast, which would eventually catch on. They decided to cancel Hill St. but the fans went nuts and they gave it another season and it caught on. The difference was when they did Hill St., there wasn't a grand plan and St. Elsewhere was pitched with the very last episode and they bought it hook, line and sinker.

Can't spoil it here but my wife and I actually applauded the last episode because they had sucked us in and not one person knew what was coming. It was masterful. And they had even dropped hints and no one got it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finished watching Ms. Marvel, it was OK, not great, not bad, just OK. Some parts I liked, some of the historical and cultural references, but it got too cartoony at times. I get that I'm not the demographic for the character and there will be shows for all types of viewers, but it got borderline Nickelodeon at times and fully expected someone to get green slimed.

They finally did go full Nickelodeon in that last episode with the foam scene, it made me groan. The best I can say was at least it wasn't green slime...... o_O

I read that viewership numbers for that series were very low. I usually watch the series as they’re released but haven’t seen this one yet. I will at sone point.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished Season 3 of The Boys on Amazon. Episodes 7 and 8 were kind of disappointing compared to the first 6 episodes, but I still really enjoyed the season overall. The season finale left a lot to be desired and some things came out of the blue, but it does set up for a Season 4. Still, after watching episode 8 I am growing a little concerned The Boys is going to suffer the fate of most series. The writers run out of ideas and lameness follows. I will say the show has been somewhat unpredictable. Just when you think it might go in one direction it veers off in another.

I hope season 4 does not involve Homelander Jr too much. I think that will not be good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished Season 3 of The Boys on Amazon. Episodes 7 and 8 were kind of disappointing compared to the first 6 episodes, but I still really enjoyed the season overall. The season finale left a lot to be desired and some things came out of the blue, but it does set up for a Season 4. Still, after watching episode 8 I am growing a little concerned The Boys is going to suffer the fate of most series. The writers run out of ideas and lameness follows. I will say the show has been somewhat unpredictable. Just when you think it might go in one direction it veers off in another.

I hope season 4 does not involve Homelander Jr too much. I think that will not be good.
I thought the finale was great...but I agree with your spoiler. That dynamic usually kills a series, IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

More plot time for Junior is not an issue for me. My problem is a series where the main antagonist never experiences a significant defeat.

I thought that would happen with the introduction of Soldier Boy this season. I have practically zero knowledge of Dynamite Comics where the show is derived but I would think the character has experienced a sound and extended butt kicking at some point to bounce back from. This season's ultimate showdown was a huge disappointment for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am seeing a pattern with Amazon produced series. They are really pushing the envelope of grossness and violence with "The Boys" and "The Terminal List".

I am not sure about "The Terminal List". I like Pratt and Kitsch but the writing for this is really inconsistent and some of the acting is downright poor. Or the director is making them really stiff.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Umbrella Academy's strength has been its time travelling paradoxes.
Any opinion of this season's Grandfather paradox?
Considering the finale, I get the impression that the Grandfather Paradox doesn't apply, because there was a foreign entity pulling the strings the whole time, hence the ultimate loss of their powers.