***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finished watching FUBAR and loved it. Yeah, it's super cheesy at times, but it works with Arnold. It's filled with corny and sometimes groan worthy one liners and "Dad" type jokes, but that's part of the fun.
Like I said earlier, it's like an Arnold movie that doesn't take itself seriously. I look forward to the next season.

It's also something my mother and I can agree on, when I visit her at her house, instead of watching the corny shows and the Lifetime movies she likes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is back! The Broken Circle episode features a very special guest star, who may possibly become a new regular cast member.
And at the end is an excellent in memoriam tribute to Nichelle Nichols. It is a great start to season two.
Just finished watching the episode. Good start to the season.

I am still going through discovery again.
When I first watched Discovery each season I liked the 1st and 2nd season.
The 3rd was ok. However I am in the middle of the 3rd season now and I really like it.

When I finish off Discovery and keep up with strange new worlds...I might have to go back to watch voyager or Enterprise

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped watching after the sanitation musical. Not sure if I'll finish it or not. If this is the final season, I guess I might as well.
Can't blame you, that was lame and unnecessary but the way they wrap this all up is worth the time since you've already invested quite a bit. They spent 4 seasons on her struggles and use the last part of the 5th to accelerate so you have to keep up with where they are because they don't warn you they're flashing back or forward.

But Runny, I would watch this if it was just the parents because their lines are the best and the actress playing her Mom, Marin Hinkle, is so perfect for that role.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I finish off Discovery and keep up with strange new worlds...I might have to go back to watch voyager or Enterprise
If you give them a chance, I recommend watching Voyager first, maybe starting with season 2 episode 26, Scorpion Part 1, before Enterprise.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Currently binge watching Brooklyn 99. I really liked the first couple of seasons, but now it's all about these "typical" New Yorker exxaggerated little problems, that are actually non issues in any normal world. Like in Seinfeld and so on. Of course since it's comedy that's part of the show, but in the first seasons they looked alot more competent, solved more cases and had less of the private drama. I really don't want to watch something like sex and the city. I haven't even laughed for a couple of episodes now, a few smiles at best.

So, would you recommend finishing all seasons? I'm currently in season 5.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Binged most of Black Mirror S06 yesterday evening. I have one last episode left, but I've enjoyed it so far. There were one or two OK episodes, but entertaining nevertheless.

Episode 3, "Beyond the Sea", has been my favorite so far. That one was really good. :thumbup:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we have had a multitude of older ones with various different titles but I thought we would make this one and talk about all stuff netflix.

Found myself starting to watch the first few episodes of an older netflix series, possibly one of the first ones they did, Lilyhammer.

Only about three seasons and I think each season is under 10 episodes.

I am most of the way through the first season and I like it.

General Premise is that a mobster from New York did not like a new mob boss so the mob boss tried to have him killed. So this guy decides to inform to the FBI in exchange for Witness Relocation. Instead of going to the normal areas he decides he wants to go to Lilyhammer.

The guy is Steven Van Zandt who many might know from Bruce Springsteens band or as Tony Soprano's right hand man Sal who owned the Bada Bing bar.

Anyway, it is pretty good and funny thus far but I can see why they only did three seasons as I imagine it could only go so far.

====

For some odball reason I also started watching the Original Battlestar Galactica show. Did not realize that the Original was only on for one season (26 episodes) and then later they did a follow up a couple years later.

Still not bad but it could possibly have the worst weekly intro for a show ever.
I recall watching Lorne Green in that, but never really followed it to the end. I like Edward James Olmos better for that role.
Caprica is a good prequel to the 4 season Battlestar Galactica TV Series.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of my fav series is Babylon Berlin on Netflix. It's about post WWI Germany of 1918 and its fractured society, which flounders ineptly to achieve a stable identity. The newly established German Republic leadership locks horns with the uber rich upper class, who seek an ill-fated return to the bygone days of Prussia und der Kaiser Wilhelm.
The Trotsky political movement adds gas to the firestorm that enables the eventual fall of the Weimar Republic into the conniving embrace of you-know-who, who is only briefly alluded to. What make this series intriguing is the blend of bawdy nightlife, exceptional musical/artistic performances, effete intellectuals, and a few neurotic characters that Freud could appreciate. It is performed in a softened German language with English subtitles.
I have watched it through more than a couple of times.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of my fav series is Babylon Berlin on Netflix. It's about post WWI Germany of 1918 and its fractured society, which flounders ineptly to achieve a stable identity. The newly established German Republic leadership locks horns with the uber rich upper class, who seek an ill-fated return to the bygone days of Prussia und der Kaiser Wilhelm.
The Trotsky political movement adds gas to the firestorm that enables the eventual fall of the Weimar Republic into the conniving embrace of you-know-who, who is only briefly alluded to. What make this series intriguing is the blend of bawdy nightlife,I exceptional musical/artistic performances, effete intellectuals, and a few neurotic characters that Freud could appreciate. It is performed in a softened German language with English subtitles.
I have watched it through more than a couple of times.
I remember years ago scouring foreign films on youtube since they were free and about the only ones you could find. Mostly japanese or korean. Had some others that was good like the horde.

But one thing that I love about netflix is they have a ton of foreign films and series. Sure you have to go through some bad ones but you can also find quite a few good ones. Even some of the English shows. Raunchy comedy show called sex education.

Recently they had a few good WWII movies like Blood and Gold that I really liked and Robbing Mussolini.

Also decent foreign film trilogy called the Baztan collection. Former FBI detective goes back home to Pamplona or some where near there to solve some crimes and uncover some crazy history in her own family.

Now they also have a bunch of movies from India, not all bollywood stuff but I just can not get into them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Extraction 2, Netflix. 8/10. If you liked the first one with action overload, you will like this one. It has a little more depth than most action films showcasing how brave and courageous someone can be facing huge odds with plenty of villains and what a coward that same person can be when it comes to real life situations.

Chris Hemsworth is perfect for this role and does a great job of revealing the tormented man within.

There are some unbelievable fight scenes and not just one. One of the better streamer franchises I've seen.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember years ago scouring foreign films on youtube since they were free and about the only ones you could find. Mostly japanese or korean. Had some others that was good like the horde.

But one thing that I love about netflix is they have a ton of foreign films and series. Sure you have to go through some bad ones but you can also find quite a few good ones. Even some of the English shows. Raunchy comedy show called sex education.

Recently they had a few good WWII movies like Blood and Gold that I really liked and Robbing Mussolini.

Also decent foreign film trilogy called the Baztan collection. Former FBI detective goes back home to Pamplona or some where near there to solve some crimes and uncover some crazy history in her own family.

Now they also have a bunch of movies from India, not all bollywood stuff but I just can not get into them.
Can't do Bollywood either. Robbing Mussolini was good. Have you seen Longmire? Netflix has some good BBC stuff from time to time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finished Arnold on Netflix last night. I loved it. Really appreciated his transparency about his life throughout the 3 episodes. They obviously highlighted his successes, but he didn't shy away from his failures and mistakes either. He has had an impressive life and the man certainly doesn't lack drive. Was a huge fan of him growing up and always will be.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Been wanting to see this movie for a while and see it’s on MAX now... Parasite. Will probably watch this weekend. Only foreign film to ever win Best Picture. Everything I see and hear… dark comedy elements, class warfare message, crazy surprise ending… sounds like an awesome movie. Something about Korean movies and shows. Have really enjoyed some of those on streaming services lately. Look forward to Squid Games 2 also. See they’re already advertising it on Netflix.

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished watching season 2 of Shadow and Bone on Netflix. There is a lot of mystical stuff in this show and I am not typically find of shows with witchcraft, magic and that kind of thing. S&B was okay. Truthfully, I find the story of Kaz Brekkar and his band of misfits more entertaining that the Sun Summoner and her sidekick, Mal. They bore me a little bit.

The final episode of season 2 sets up for another season at least. I don't know if it has been renewed by Netflix or not, but there is clearly a storyline to follow.

Overall, I give the show a 5.5 of 10. It is predictable, at times contrived, and at times a bit silly. I knew from the first season where the Mal character was going. For all the magic and mysticism, the main storyline needs a bit more imagination.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved Longmire.
Diverse collection of characters - Lou Diamond Phillips was excellent. The Chance Gilbert character was very creative. The backdrop of Native American life was a good sub story line. Longmire is similar to Yellowstone. Makes me wonder if Taylor Sheridan was inspired by it.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been wanting to see this movie for a while and see it’s on MAX now... Parasite. Will probably watch this weekend. Only foreign film to ever win Best Picture. Everything I see and hear… dark comedy elements, class warfare message, crazy surprise ending… sounds like an awesome movie. Something about Korean movies and shows. Have really enjoyed some of those on streaming services lately. Look forward to Squid Games 2 also. See they’re already advertising it on Netflix.
Squid Games has a sequel?