***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finished watching season 2 of Shadow and Bone on Netflix. There is a lot of mystical stuff in this show and I am not typically find of shows with witchcraft, magic and that kind of thing. S&B was okay. Truthfully, I find the story of Kaz Brekkar and his band of misfits more entertaining that the Sun Summoner and her sidekick, Mal. They bore me a little bit.

The final episode of season 2 sets up for another season at least. I don't know if it has been renewed by Netflix or not, but there is clearly a storyline to follow.

Overall, I give the show a 5.5 of 10. It is predictable, at times contrived, and at times a bit silly. I knew from the first season where the Mal character was going. For all the magic and mysticism, the main storyline needs a bit more imagination.
I watched the first season, but was so underwhelmed, I forgot all about it. When S2 came around I only made it through one episode.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2024. Pretty sure I saw a teaser trailer on Netflix for it, tried to post the YouTube link, but all those damn fake trailers make it so hard to find the real Trailers nowadays.
Cool. That aeries grabs you by the short hairs and doesn't let go. I binge watched it until till coffee o'clock.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was meant to. I'm guessing the cop who went off the cliff will be involved, otherwise there was absolutely no reason for his character.
There were some very intriguing subplots that need expanding. Nice plot twist to have the befuddled old man as a Keyser Söze type.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Netflix has good stuff - not too much B movie schlock that I recall.
I remember one gem from BBC in particular - Foyle's War.
Great characters and setting. Gotta be a challenge to produce a WWI series for several seasons.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going to watch Chinatown and The Two Jakes as soon as they replay. Just love the dime store detective narration from Nicholson.
Gorky Park, Citizen X, and The Warrior's Way are on the replay list too.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I watched the Korean sci-fi series "Black Knight" on Netflix. It was pretty good if you're into sci-fi/dystopian type stories. It's the world years after a comet struck Earth, killing most of the population and a new society has been rebuilt. Due to the impact air quality is poor and dangerous making oxygen a commodity and Delivery Man that bring bottled oxygen and food to the population vital. There are Hunters that try to steal the supplies, corrupt politicians and businessmen trying to control society and a good bit of action.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wife and I watched The Idol on Max. It's..........different. Not sure what to think of it so far. Don't hate it. Don't love it.

Lily-Rose Depp definitely has no issue bearing it all. lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wouldn’t call Fubar “best content” by a long shot. I wouldn’t have got through a single episode if not for Monica Barbaro
If it has just been a new actor, doing this as a debit performance, I'd give it a much lower score. But this seems like Arnold doing what he does best, but doing it tongue in cheek, almost making fun of his movies. That boosts my rating quite a bit.

Also, there hasn't really been a lot of great content, so far this year, IMO...and the girl don't hurt.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
If it has just been a new actor, doing this as a debit performance, I'd give it a much lower score. But this seems like Arnold doing what he does best, but doing it tongue in cheek, almost making fun of his movies. That boosts my rating quite a bit.

Also, there hasn't really been a lot of great content, so far this year, IMO...and the girl don't hurt.
She's easy on the eyes.

And Alotta Fagina still looks pretty good at 58.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

*debut, not debit. :rolleyes: