***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished the last season and episode of Black Sails yesterday. I got over my initial disappointment, and some of the more absurd episodes. By the end of season 4 I found myself wanting more for some reason. The final episode wasn't completely disappointing but there was one scene that seemed so absurd and out of place I just laughed, although I am sure the writers intended for it to be a more serious point in the story.

Generally, I prefer more historically accurate depictions of historical events than Black Sails. History is often interesting without the embellishment of Hollywood script writers. Black Sails uses the names of a lot of real characters but the stories and timelines are pretty much fantasy. It is an interesting combination of history and the stories of "Treasure Island". Some characters are real, Ann Bonny, Jack Rackham, Edward Teach (Blackbeard), Charles Vane, and even Governor Woodes Rogers. Others were taken from the book Treasure Island, like Captain Flint and Long John Silver. Black Sails weaves history and Treasure Island into 1 story.

I give the series an 8 out of 10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finished the last season and episode of Black Sails yesterday. I got over my initial disappointment, and some of the more absurd episodes. By the end of season 4 I found myself wanting more for some reason. The final episode wasn't completely disappointing but there was one scene that seemed so absurd and out of place I just laughed, although I am sure the writers intended for it to be a more serious point in the story.

Generally, I prefer more historically accurate depictions of historical events than Black Sails. History is often interesting without the embellishment of Hollywood script writers. Black Sails uses the names of a lot of real characters but the stories and timelines are pretty much fantasy. It is an interesting combination of history and the stories of "Treasure Island". Some characters are real, Ann Bonny, Jack Rackham, Edward Teach (Blackbeard), Charles Vane, and even Governor Woodes Rogers. Others were taken from the book Treasure Island, like Captain Flint and Long John Silver. Black Sails weaves history and Treasure Island into 1 story.

I give the series an 8 out of 10.
The "history" is on a par with that of Vikings.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I finished binge watching the 2nd season of "Outer Range". It's been alright and I've enjoyed it, but in two seasons, I'm still not real sure what's going on and the story doesn't seem to have gotten very far, it's kinda like Yellowstone meets X-Files.......lol.

Creeper

Reaction score
I started re-watching House of the Dragon. I kind of watched it when it was first televised but I found it kind of boring and struggled to pay attention. This time I am determined to slog through it no matter what. After 2 episodes, I was right the first time. It is boring. The problem I see is there are no compelling or interesting characters. In Game of Thrones, Ned Start and others were an intriguing characters right from the start. They all had storylines we wanted to see or at least learn a bit more about. Maybe with HotD the actors are not making their characters compelling enough? It seems like they thought a lot of dragons would make the story entertaining.

I'll keep watching to the end but I don't think it is going to captivate me more at this point. I have to decide if I want to bother with season 2 which is coming out in a couple of weeks. Even then I have to decide do I watch it weekly or wait until all the episodes drop them binge watch it. Decisions, decisions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started re-watching House of the Dragon. I kind of watched it when it was first televised but I found it kind of boring and struggled to pay attention. This time I am determined to slog through it no matter what. After 2 episodes, I was right the first time. It is boring. The problem I see is there are no compelling or interesting characters. In Game of Thrones, Ned Start and others were an intriguing characters right from the start. They all had storylines we wanted to see or at least learn a bit more about. Maybe with HotD the actors are not making their characters compelling enough? It seems like they thought a lot of dragons would make the story entertaining.

I'll keep watching to the end but I don't think it is going to captivate me more at this point. I have to decide if I want to bother with season 2 which is coming out in a couple of weeks. Even then I have to decide do I watch it weekly or wait until all the episodes drop them binge watch it. Decisions, decisions.
Unfortunately, the two most interesting characters become less interesting with age.

Well, the king is pretty interesting and likeable.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

I really liked it.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
House of The Dragon is the best show on TV. It's gonna get WAY more brutal with crazy Dragon stuff. The story has been written, so it won't suffer from the fate of Thrones. And Daemon is a crazy character. He might get an Emmy...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed. First season was boring. No characters you could really like even for negative reasons.
GOT there were characters you wanted to see go forward and characters you wanted to see them get a sticky end.
House of the dragon I gave did not care if one or another died. Found most of them highly annoying.

Now maybe the seasons going forward turn out better but frankly besides the Dragons it was a mess. And I dont know how you could manage making things more pervy than brother and sister having sex but they managed to do so with the uncle and niece.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed. First season was boring. No characters you could really like even for negative reasons.
GOT there were characters you wanted to see go forward and characters you wanted to see them get a sticky end.
House of the dragon I gave did not care if one or another died. Found most of them highly annoying.

Now maybe the seasons going forward turn out better but frankly besides the Dragons it was a mess. And I dont know how you could manage making things more pervy than brother and sister having sex but they managed to do so with the uncle and niece.
Especially when the niece was so young, when the innuendo was already there.

quickccc

Reaction score

Ditto here.

I get the same "boring and disinteresting " vibe from House of Dragons. Because i dore GOT series, i am really giving HOD some lengthy
attention and trying to stay with it. But aside from Prince Daemon Targaryen, i'm having a hard time staying with it.

The characters just don't strike you with appeal and development as it did with GOT. Starks, Lannisters, Joffrey, Snow, etc.
HBO , HOD are using the past legendary reputation and appeal of GOT and the dragons CGI effects to keep viewers interest, imo.

57a56e2dc6ccf6c00554c5d1c0c3a4c7.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Foreign movie on netflix. Had potential and might be better if they redid it as an American version and tweaked it some.

visionary

Reaction score
Wow, I was starting to think Jessica Alba retired! I hope this isn't another ridiculous girl boss movie. Looks like the potential is there.
As much as i think she is very hot, she has a tough time as an action heroine IMO

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Godzilla Minus One is FINALLY available here in the US on Netflix. Never saw it in theater and didn't want to "watch it" other ways. About to check it and Godzilla x Kong back to back.
Thanks for letting us know. Definitely on my watch list.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Rebel Moon Part I and II

These movies are basically Magnificent Seven meets Star Wars. Probably ruined the films though because I’m aware this was supposed to be a Star Wars series that was cancelled. Still feels Star Wars rip-off from the light swords to the Empire clone. It’s watchable but I thought it would be better. All of Zack Snyder‘s Netflix exclusives have disappointed me. Dude has gone downhill since his DC trainwreck.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rebel Moon Part I and II

These movies are basically Magnificent Seven meets Star Wars. Probably ruined the films though because I’m aware this was supposed to be a Star Wars series that was cancelled. Still feels Star Wars rip-off from the light swords to the Empire clone. It’s watchable but I thought it would be better. All of Zack Snyder‘s Netflix exclusives have disappointed me. Dude has gone downhill since his DC trainwreck.
Snyder's DCEU may be considered a train wreck but I would describe his Justice League 2021 as the railroad car that did not get caught up in the derailment.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Godzilla Minus One is FINALLY available here in the US on Netflix. Never saw it in theater and didn't want to "watch it" other ways. About to check it and Godzilla x Kong back to back.
Let me know what you think.

Very different films in a tonal sense.