***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like the new Doctor Who. I think the young man playing the new Doctor is doing a good job. I liked him on the british comedy show Sex Education with asa butterfield and gillian anderson on net flix. Funny but graphic show for those that want a comedy.

I do not mind the idea that he is a homosexual or bisexual as the doctor. As someone else already stated that has been done with Captain Jack Harkness on the Doctor Who show in the past and the spin off show called Torchwood.

The only thing about the new Doctor I do not care for is he has cried too many times in the series already. It kind of takes away from the emotional impact of a scene if he is going to do it on the norm.

Also I liked most of the episodes so far this season...did not care for the 73 yards one.

I really liked the dots and bubble episode as it really did a good job of showing the current young generations dependency on social media and the straight up narcissistic attitude while living off parents dime.

They also addressed another topic of cosplay to an extent in the Rogue episode.
I have no problem with him being gay, or bisexual, or whatever he is. It's the fact that it seems like there's an inordinate amount of LBGTQ in the show, much more than you'd ever see in real life, which makes it seem forced.

I do like the actor playing The Doctor, I just don't like that they make him seem so frenetic, that when he succeeds, it seems accidental or very lucky.

I agree about the "Dot; Bubble" episode. Extremely original concept, though I'm not sure if she refused him at the end because he wasn't "elite", like her, or because of his skin color. Maybe that's what they were going for, IDK.

I actually did like the "73 Yards" concept. Again, very original. I think the only issue with it is that you didn't know the guy well enough to hate him before his comeuppance.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Yikes at The Acolyte! What a whirlwind crap storm that episode caused. Star Wars...uh...may the "thread" be with you LMAO. This show is absolutely sewage stew. Awful smh...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yikes at The Acolyte! What a whirlwind crap storm that episode caused. Star Wars...uh...may the "thread" be with you LMAO. This show is absolutely sewage stew. Awful smh...
It's Disney Star Wars, very little in common with the original trilogy. They aren't even trying to be respectful to the originals.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Acolyte, what is there to say? The first few moments showed some promise with Carrie Ann Moss, but things just kinda went south from there and have gotten progressively worse. I just finished episode three and really puzzled how the execs watched this and still decided to release it. The latest episode really is just awful, the whole thing just felt so wrong. There was one moment that gave me a laugh, I was watching and something looked so familiar and realized that their purple and gold robes looked like Crown Royal bags, I can't unsee that now.......lol. Are they intentionally tanking for better draft position, it really is hard to believe someone did this with the intention of being good.

I will probably still watch the rest of the series, but it's more about the train wreck effect at this point, just how bad can this get? It's a good thing that Star Wars has a long established history and still have "Ashoka" and "Andor" shows, because something this bad would usually kill off a franchise. I kinda wish someone woulda played a Jedi Mind Trick on me....... "This is not the Star Wars show you are looking for" :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Acolyte, what is there to say? The first few moments showed some promise with Carrie Ann Moss, but things just kinda went south from there and have gotten progressively worse. I just finished episode three and really puzzled how the execs watched this and still decided to release it. The latest episode really is just awful, the whole thing just felt so wrong. There was one moment that gave me a laugh, I was watching and something looked so familiar and realized that their purple and gold robes looked like Crown Royal bags, I can't unsee that now.......lol. Are they intentionally tanking for better draft position, it really is hard to believe someone did this with the intention of being good.

I will probably still watch the rest of the series, but it's more about the train wreck effect at this point, just how bad can this get? It's a good thing that Star Wars has a long established history and still have "Ashoka" and "Andor" shows, because something this bad would usually kill off a franchise. I kinda wish someone woulda played a Jedi Mind Trick on me....... "This is not the Star Wars show you are looking for" :muttley:
Amandla Stenberg is the reason I won't watch any more of the show. She has beliefs I don't think we're allowed to talk about here, but if I were part of her father's side of the family, which I believe is Swedish(?), I wouldn't even acknowledge her.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Amandla Stenberg is the reason I won't watch any more of the show. She has beliefs I don't think we're allowed to talk about here, but if I were part of her father's side of the family, which I believe is Swedish(?), I wouldn't even acknowledge her.
I know absolutely nothing about her beliefs, she is the least of the problems with that show. She's OK, but kinda hard to tell because the writing, story, dialogue, direction is so bad and really makes no sense in how it fits in a Star Wars Universe. It's starting to remind me of the "Resident Evil" reboot on Netflix awhile back, it should be cancelled immediately, everyone associated with it fired, every copy of video burned or deleted and hope people won't remember it ever existed. It's not quite at that level of suck yet, but they are headed in that direction.