***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I loved it
Godzilla looked amazing....and terrifying at the same time

I actually cared about the characters and what happened to them

Amazing effects based on their small budget

Agreed 1,000 percent. I thought Minus One was unbelievable from the characters and story to the crazy FX. Hollywood needs to take some notes from these dudes. I wish I would've seen it in theaters. Godzilla x Kong was super mediocre in comparison.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rise of the ****'s. Its in the BBC Select channel on Amazon.

Pretty solid. A little scattershot and not very comprehensive. Im not exactly sure what story its really trying to tell. However its puts some interesting spins on some events like The Night of the Long Knives and Operation Babarossa. If you have studied the ****'s, you probably arent going to learn anything new

Wasnt as good as Hitler's Cirlce of Evil (Netflix) which did a great job of giving a fairly good history of the **** state as told through the Machiavellian infighting going on between Hitlers braintrust

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished re-watching House of the Dragon. I paid closer attention this time around. I still think this series is a far cry from season 1 of Game of Thrones, but I admit it was better watching it a second time than when I watched it when it first aired - though it is still boring at times.

There is one issue I can't get over though. Game of Thrones did not seem like a contrived story. At least for the first 4 seasons it appeared to have a plot that was being followed. Actually multiple plots for several of the main characters. HotD seems more contrived. The plot seems more about what the writers think will play well with the audience. Characters seem to flip and flop on who they are. Perhaps it is the jumps in time from episode to episode. The characters do not develop over time. Six years later they are just a bit different and we have to assume they evolved. HotD uses some what I will call epic scenes, particularly with dragons, while GoT often relied on the relationships between different characters to grab the viewers attention. There are not relationships in HotD like Arya and the Hound, for example. Or Tyrian and Varys. Or even Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth. Some many compelling scenes were just two characters having a conversation.

Unlike GoT, picking out the real heroes in HotD is harder. There were a few ambiguous characters in GoT but all the characters in House seem to have more dark side than righteousness. Even the kids seem to be a bunch of brats. If there are characters with real honor and integrity, like Ned Stark or Jon Snow, they are not apparent in HotD.

I would give Game of Thrones a 9 of 10 for the first 4 seasons. It declined after that culminating with a rushed and awful final episode. Overall I still give it an 8 of 10.

House of the Dragon is at best a 6.5 out of 10, maybe a bit lower but I would not go higher. It tries to replicate GoT but falls short. The characters and the actors are just not as compelling. The story is not as compelling and the potential for a war with a bunch of dragons on both sides is not enough to make the story more interesting.

I still think a spinoff of the exploits of Arya Star would have been a lot more entertaining.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unlike GoT, picking out the real heroes in HotD is harder.
Just my opinion but I think there will not be any heroes this time around--no single character embodying 'good'. To me, it will be a comprehensive retelling of the dark era viewers got bits-and-pieces of throughout Game of Thrones.

I believe the series' intro foreshadows the malevolence shared by all. GOT intros were 'noble' in presentation, with a 'majestic' sun hovering above, illuminating all the myriad kingdoms in light--no matter how vile individuals acted within each locale.

Contrastly, HOTD is shrouded in darkness, with flowing rivers of blood connecting all houses and combatants. I see it as symbolic of everyone's hands being tainted by their 'evil' choices, which left a stain on the following generations long after their conflicts ended.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just my opinion but I think there will not be any heroes this time around--no single character embodying 'good'. To me, it will be a comprehensive retelling of the dark era viewers got bits-and-pieces of throughout Game of Thrones.

I believe the series' intro foreshadows the malevolence shared by all. GOT intros were 'noble' in presentation, with a 'majestic' sun hovering above, illuminating all the myriad kingdoms in light--no matter how vile individuals acted within each locale.

Contrastly, HOTD is shrouded in darkness, with flowing rivers of blood connecting all houses and combatants. I see it as symbolic of everyone's hands being tainted by their 'evil' choices, which left a stain on the following generations long after their conflicts ended.
The king seemed like the most benevolent character in the whole show, even after he let his wife die, in hopes a having a son.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The king seemed like the most benevolent character in the whole show, even after he let his wife die, in hopes a having a son.
I would mention the other biggie for me was him denying the legitimacy of his daughter's children. I am glad he took that stance because I fully support her in this show but it added to the fuel of the eventual deadly conflict between the houses.. The king's benevolence is stained with blood also.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Has anyone been watching the new season of Doctor Who ? I'm still trying to decide if I like it. The stories are pretty good, but I'm not sure I like The Doctor. I think he's got potential to be one of the best ones, but they make him a bit "frantic". Also, the show seems to be forcing an agenda, which is absolutely unnecessary, IMO.

quickccc

Reaction score

Do you think because GOT was based on the best selling book, that made it easier for the producers - writers to follow it and execute
the fantastic characters ? ... whereas HOD (from what I understand) does not have a best selling book to follow, so it was so short
of the outstanding special characters, screen write and story tell that GOT has ?

7bbe7f6bbd3ef4c269ef7b985e7b5874.jpg
1e4521fb6743b5169482e25f025dc42a.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Great News ... TUBI TV now has included and added the 1968 classic cartoon series SPEED RACER to it's menu .

All season one series. The '68 version is the one to go by, forget any other versions.

Enjoy..:yourock:

201476d4a92104b3b7af48c1bf652bbf.jpg
1d1a57483e0b4c0b8f2a184ef36e37a4.jpg

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Rise of the ****'s. Its in the BBC Select channel on Amazon.

Pretty solid. A little scattershot and not very comprehensive. Im not exactly sure what story its really trying to tell. However its puts some interesting spins on some events like The Night of the Long Knives and Operation Babarossa. If you have studied the ****'s, you probably arent going to learn anything new

Wasnt as good as Hitler's Cirlce of Evil (Netflix) which did a great job of giving a fairly good history of the **** state as told through the Machiavellian infighting going on between Hitlers braintrust
I saw Circle of Evil too and enjoyed it. Another recommendation is someone made a historical drama mini-series about 10 years back that was only centered on the young Adolf as he made his way through post-WWI German beer halls and politics. Seemed pretty accurate to the real history which has always fascinated me. The politics and public reaction that allowed it to exist are far more interesting to me than the actual war. AH was a lousy military leader but a sharp manipulative politician. Not to get into the P Word, but I wish more people would study the history of this and would realize how scary some of our country’s modern events are when you realize history only repeats itself.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I saw Circle of Evil too and enjoyed it. Another recommendation is someone made a historical drama mini-series about 10 years back that was only centered on the young Adolf as he made his way through post-WWI German beer halls and politics. Seemed pretty accurate to the real history which has always fascinated me. The politics and public reaction that allowed it to exist are far more interesting to me than the actual war. AH was a lousy military leader but a sharp manipulative politician. Not to get into the P Word, but I wish more people would study the history of this and would realize how scary some of our country’s modern events are when you realize history only repeats itself.
Very interesting. If you can remember the name let me know

Creeper

Reaction score
Do you think because GOT was based on the best selling book, that made it easier for the producers - writers to follow it and execute
the fantastic characters ? ... whereas HOD (from what I understand) does not have a best selling book to follow, so it was so short
of the outstanding special characters, screen write and story tell that GOT has ?

7bbe7f6bbd3ef4c269ef7b985e7b5874.jpg
1e4521fb6743b5169482e25f025dc42a.jpg
Of course! I would not expect studio writers to be anywhere near as good as the author who envisioned the original story. The fact is, it is not easy to write an epic series like GoT. It is also difficult to recapture the sensation of the original in a sequel or prequel. We'll see if they learned anything from season 1 when season 2 airs. I hope they don't feel forced to have a big war with more dragons and fire and death just capture the audience's attention. That was not what made GoT great.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Of course! I would not expect studio writers to be anywhere near as good as the author who envisioned the original story. The fact is, it is not easy to write an epic series like GoT. It is also difficult to recapture the sensation of the original in a sequel or prequel. We'll see if they learned anything from season 1 when season 2 airs. I hope they don't feel forced to have a big war with more dragons and fire and death just capture the audience's attention. That was not what made GoT great.
This is based off a book. It's pretty obvious that the events from season 1 is going to start a war between the families.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is based off a book. It's pretty obvious that the events from season 1 is going to start a war between the families.

95f422a7-15c1-4a61-ab4e-b8936c8f1c52.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the new season of Doctor Who ? I'm still trying to decide if I like it. The stories are pretty good, but I'm not sure I like The Doctor. I think he's got potential to be one of the best ones, but they make him a bit "frantic". Also, the show seems to be forcing an agenda, which is absolutely unnecessary, IMO.
I have never watched the show but I read about the controversy. I think everyone is attempting to replicate the Star Trek scene where Kirk kisses Uhura in order to attract publicity. The problem is, everyone is pushing the same things so it is getting tiresome and ineffective. It is time to get back to some fresh creative entertainment for the same of entertainment.

Creeper

Reaction score

95f422a7-15c1-4a61-ab4e-b8936c8f1c52.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg
They way it ended in season 1 war is almost a certainty. And based on where GoT started, we know all the dragons have to die.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have never watched the show but I read about the controversy. I think everyone is attempting to replicate the Star Trek scene where Kirk kisses Uhura in order to attract publicity. The problem is, everyone is pushing the same things so it is getting tiresome and ineffective. It is time to get back to some fresh creative entertainment for the same of entertainment.
Dr Who already had done it with Captain Jack Harkness kissing Dr Who.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the new Doctor Who. I think the young man playing the new Doctor is doing a good job. I liked him on the british comedy show Sex Education with asa butterfield and gillian anderson on net flix. Funny but graphic show for those that want a comedy.

I do not mind the idea that he is a homosexual or bisexual as the doctor. As someone else already stated that has been done with Captain Jack Harkness on the Doctor Who show in the past and the spin off show called Torchwood.

The only thing about the new Doctor I do not care for is he has cried too many times in the series already. It kind of takes away from the emotional impact of a scene if he is going to do it on the norm.

Also I liked most of the episodes so far this season...did not care for the 73 yards one.

I really liked the dots and bubble episode as it really did a good job of showing the current young generations dependency on social media and the straight up narcissistic attitude while living off parents dime.

They also addressed another topic of cosplay to an extent in the Rogue episode.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How to Rob a Bank documentary on netflix.

Pretty interesting. It is amazing how much this guy was getting away with it and how the idea sprung from him watching the movie Point Break.

HOWEVER...and I do not care if this is a spoiler or not....DO NOT watch this in front of young eyes. This guy was a free spirit type of guy who liked to walk around nude and it showed him full monty a few times early in the show.

But once you get passed that. Pretty interesting.