***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Narcos Mexico season two - If you liked the first season you will probably like this one. Kind of interesting that one of the characters in the movie is the beginnings of El Chapo. Wonder if they will continue the series and start focusing on him.

Captive - Canadian movie with Ryan Reynolds, Rosario Dawson and Kevin Durand. Really bizzare kind of movie. More of a life time movie. Durand's character is just creepy. Kind of reminds me of Robin Williams character in One Hour Photo...just has that type of creepy look going.

yesfan

Reaction score
I watched first episode of Hunters on Amazon and it was good. It’s an hour and a half,felt like a movie. Certainly enjoyed enough to watch another episode. Good cast

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 2 is coming out. Even if you're not into Formula 1 racing, I highly suggest this show. I gave it a whirl and it captivated me so much I binged watched it like crazy. Stoked for Season 2!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HBO - The Bronx, USA 9/10 It's a doc with some well known people from the Bronx but the tie in between the Bronx Boys and these high school students about the testament of lasting friendships was great. The Bronx Boys are in their mid 80's and they've stayed in contact with each other since they were 4 years old.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two Netflix fails. Pete Davidson's stand up, he should have sat down. Living proof comedians shouldn't get stoned before performing.

The Last Thing He Wanted 1/10, only because I had to give it something and I gave it that because I didn't finish it. The title aptly describes the experience of watching this production with the directing, acting and writing competing to see which can be the worst. It was a tie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Broke down and ordered CBS All Access free trial. Watching the second episode of Picard. So far, this show is just beautiful. The writing, the cast, the cinematography, and even the music is incredible.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now I'm watching Star Trek: Discovery. I like it so far, but I think they went too far with the Klingon makeup.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished season one of Messiah on Netflix. It is an obvious what if but there is also a concentrated examination of the diverse human thought. The rest of the characters' behaviors are more interesting than the central character himself. I bet there are more than a few sociology professors recommending the series to their students. I eagerly await season two.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Now I'm watching Star Trek: Discovery. I like it so far, but I think they went too far with the Klingon makeup.

I really enjoyed that show but I agree. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Now maybe big Star Trek fans can explain why they did it, alternate time line or something.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really enjoyed that show but I agree. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Now maybe big Star Trek fans can explain why they did it, alternate time line or something.
Every incarnation of the franchise seems to want to "update" or "upgrade" the look of the various species, but especially the Klingons. I think they got it right in TNG and should have left it at that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every incarnation of the franchise seems to want to "update" or "upgrade" the look of the various species, but especially the Klingons. I think they got it right in TNG and should have left it at that.
Just wanted to add my two cents. Discovery exists in the initial timeline and sits between the two series Enterprise and The Original Series. It is not connected to the JJ Abrams re-imagined one.

I am okay with the Discovery Klingon look. They were first said to belong to a previously unknown Klingon House and were based on a huge starship. It KINDA offers an explanation why the virus mutation physiological occurrence that happened between TOS and Star Trek: The Motion Picture/Star Trek: The Search for Spock/Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Then again, it does not explain how the Klingons look in the pilot episode of Star Trek: Enterprise--which sits at the beginning of the TOS timeline. :muttley:

Anywho, I think this nerd video telling the history of the House of Kor is beneficial in a small way of illustrating the ever changing appearance of Klingons:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just wanted to add my two cents. Discovery exists in the initial timeline and sits between the two series Enterprise and The Original Series. It is not connected to the JJ Abrams re-imagined one.

I am okay with the Discovery Klingon look. They were first said to belong to a previously unknown Klingon House and were based on a huge starship. It KINDA offers an explanation why the virus mutation physiological occurrence that happened between TOS and Star Trek: The Motion Picture/Star Trek: The Search for Spock/Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Then again, it does not explain how the Klingons look in the pilot episode of Star Trek: Enterprise--which sits at the beginning of the TOS timeline. :muttley:

Anywho, I think this nerd video telling the history of the House of Kor is beneficial in a small way of illustrating the ever changing appearance of Klingons:

Not really. I don't recall ever hearing anything about a virus causing mutations in Klingons. In fact, the only reference I recall ever seeing was in a behind the scenes look, in which they simply stated that the director or someone has his own vision of what Klingons should look like. I don't remember which incarnation of the franchise that was for, but it may have been the first motion picture.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really. I don't recall ever hearing anything about a virus causing mutations in Klingons. In fact, the only reference I recall ever seeing was in a behind the scenes look, in which they simply stated that the director or someone has his own vision of what Klingons should look like. I don't remember which incarnation of the franchise that was for, but it may have been the first motion picture.
This is a good site for reading about the virus mutation and various series tie-in episodes:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus

Yes. The first chronological change in Klingon appearance for viewers occurred in Star Trek: The Motion Picture as I mentioned earlier. Interestingly, Klingon appearance did not change even in Star Trek: The Animated Series before the franchise's first film.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a good site for reading about the virus mutation and various series tie-in episodes:

Yes. The first chronological change in Klingon appearance for viewers occurred in Star Trek: The Motion Picture as I mentioned earlier. Interestingly, Klingon appearance did not change even in Star Trek: The Animated Series before the franchise's first film.
I love Star Trek, but I still just let it happen, for the most part, without getting overly deep (nerdy) into it.
:grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I love Star Trek, but I still just let it happen, for the most part, without getting overly deep (nerdy) into it.
:grin:
That said, I appreciate the lesson. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So now that I've watched S1 of Discovery, I'll say that while I like the show, Michael is the only character I really give a crap about. Anyone else could be killed off and I wouldn't be upset....and speaking of which, she's absolutely gorgeous!

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I've watched a few episodes of Hunters on Amazon. It had potential but they blew it in my opinion. Where did that Staying Alive scene come from? Please free Al Pacino to do this thing too. It's like telling Christopher Walken to tone it down. I mean you have Al Pacino...tell him to go full Pacino right?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah, the change is a bit jarring, but you get used to it. It ends up being a pretty good show, but there are things that annoyed me about it. With season 2's ending what it is. I'm really looking forward to season 3.