***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched the first two episodes of WandaVision and enjoyed the homages to I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and Bewitched. Seven episodes left and the overarching plot is slowly being revealed.
Too slowly, IMO. I haven't found one minute of enjoyment so far. If there's one thing that never needs to be dragged out, it's bad situation comedy...or waterboarding, that sucks too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too slowly, IMO. I haven't found one minute of enjoyment so far. If there's one thing that never needs to be dragged out, it's bad situation comedy...or waterboarding, that sucks too.
For me, it is a drama wrapped in a spoof of classic situational comedy. Unless the audience is really really young, most already know the punchlines before they are being delivered. That is intentional because the sitcom aspect is completely manufactured on purpose.

I love the concept. Just how complex will the plot build towards the basis of why Wanda and Vision are inside WandaVision?

Two things are certain from my perspective. At least WandaVision is starting off WAY better than The Stand remake. :rolleyes::p And Marvel continues kicking DC's butt on both the big AND small screens. :cool:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For me, it is a drama wrapped in a spoof of classic situational comedy. Unless the audience is really really young, most already know the punchlines before they are being delivered. That is intentional because the sitcom aspect is completely manufactured on purpose.

I love the concept. Just how complex will the plot build towards the basis of why Wanda and Vision are inside WandaVision?

Two things are certain from my perspective. At least WandaVision is starting off WAY better than The Stand remake. :rolleyes::p And Marvel continues kicking DC's butt on both the big AND small screens. :cool:
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the payoff will be worth the uncomfortable stuff we're sitting through. I just don't know if it's necessary to drag it out this long.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

I can understand Runwildboys' criticism, I've been spoiled by the ability to binge an entire season and I'm use to the instant gratification of knowing the full story, particularly with prior Marvel shows. :D

However I'm in agreement with DallasEast, I don't mind being drip feed the underlying story while enjoying all the absurdity, especially when it is being interrupted by those eerie commercial breaks. o_O

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can understand Runwildboys' criticism, I've been spoiled by the ability to binge an entire season and I'm use to the instant gratification of knowing the full story, particularly with prior Marvel shows. :D

However I'm in agreement with DallasEast, I don't mind being drip feed the underlying story while enjoying all the absurdity, especially when it is being interrupted by those eerie commercial breaks. o_O
It's not so much the waiting for the next episode, as much as sitting through what seems like more cringe worthy material than necessary to get the idea across that they're trapped in some TV Land dimension or mind game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not so much the waiting for the next episode, as much as sitting through what seems like more cringe worthy material than necessary to get the idea across that they're trapped in some TV Land dimension or mind game.

I can certainly understand how you can be frustrated by the pace of the reveals. I share some measure of that feeling myself. But as a fan of those eras of sitcoms, I’m very much enjoying the homage as well as the music.

The slow build is a somewhat welcome change of pace in our instant gratification world. Simmering often leads to a better tasting meal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am waiting for a couple of more episodes to even start it because of just what you guys are discussing. Anything that might have a slow build, I do not have the patience or memory bank to keep up with it. Too much "who the hell is that"?

I much prefer the Netflix and most of the time, the Amazon model, of give it all to me now. I want the appetizer, soup, salad, entre, sides and dessert all in front of me now. That way I can eat at my own pace and you don't even have to bring me a water refill, I brought a flask.

I had to record and replay the previous week's episode of Game of Thrones before the new one to keep the continuity going. I usually record the entire series of productions like Watchmen and Lovecraft and binge watch them but avoiding spoilers on GoT, Breaking Bad and The Mandalorian was next to impossible.

And I also will wait to see if the producers are vested in new projects. I have friends that are still pissed about "The Mayor". I think they would contribute to Kelsey Grammar's salary if he'd agree to come back for the ending.

And before I go down the path, I have one thought "Lost". My sons were neck deep in that and kept telling us we should watch it until the end, then all we heard was "aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh, where's Abrams? Get a rope!!!!!".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can certainly understand how you can be frustrated by the pace of the reveals. I share some measure of that feeling myself. But as a fan of those eras of sitcoms, I’m very much enjoying the homage as well as the music.

The slow build is a somewhat welcome change of pace in our instant gratification world. Simmering often leads to a better tasting meal.
I don't mind the slow build. I just hate corny humor, unless it's done ironically.

On a side note, I do find it an odd coincidence that I watched these two episodes immediately after watching the final episode of Buffy, in which Anya dies. I'm pretty sure that's the only show I've ever seen Emma Caulfield in, until episode 2 of Wandavision.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind the slow build. I just hate corny humor, unless it's done ironically.

On a side note, I do find it an odd coincidence that I watched these two episodes immediately after watching the final episode of Buffy, in which Anya dies. I'm pretty sure that's the only show I've ever seen Emma Caulfield in, until episode 2 of Wandavision.
Emma Caulfield is another reason why I love the series so far. She does sarcasm much better than more well-known actors in my opinion.

Seeing her again in that type of role did make me sad for a moment though. To this day, I still very much dislike Joss Whedon killing off Anyanka in the final episode. To me, she was every bit as much of the Scooby Gang as the original four. :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I believe the commercials have embedded clues for what is happening to Wanda and Vision also.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Emma Caulfield is another reason why I love the series so far. She does sarcasm much better than more well-known actors in my opinion.

Seeing her again in that type of role did make me sad for a moment though. To this day, I still very much dislike Joss Whedon killing off Anyanka in the final episode. To me, she was every bit as much of the Scooby Gang as the original four. :(
I felt the same way, but then I realized she didn't really know how to be human, and didn't like it much. I think they felt it was a mercy killing.
I loved her character more than just about any other in the show, for the same reasons you gave. I hope she doesn't continue this role as the wannabe queen they portray her as. It looked like she started to change a bit at the end of e2.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is Disney, what do you think they'd do to The Punisher?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Last night watched Netflix's Outside the Wire. Good but not great. It is the type of movie if you would be happy to watch on some random afternoon that you were bored and channel surfing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Disney, what do you think they'd do to The Punisher?
This is just guessing on my part but I think Disney is testing their audience acceptance of content with Disney+ in two ways. First, they segment content by source. Doing so directs subscribers to the content they want to see only. Like Pixar? Access Pixar movies only. Star Wars fan? Ditto. And so on.

The process promotes the entertainment brands Disney owns while giving subscribers the option of voluntary choice. I think the strategy provides Disney with an out of "Why did you choose that particular content when you were not forced to select it?"

Secondly, I believe Disney is testing subscriber reaction to an elevated violence tier from feedback concerning The Wolverine as available content. That particular movie is not always as bloody as customary The Punisher episodic fare. However, the movie does have some violent scenes that are nearly, if not equal to, what can be seen in a Punisher episode.

It may be wishful thinking on my part on the second point. I hope all Netflix/Marvel series land on Disney+ at some point. Audience reception varied from series to series but I think they all should be made Disney+ content under the Marvel brand they are associated with.

visionary

Reaction score
Watching “How to get away with murder”

Pretty good and worth the watch for anyone (like me) who hadn’t seen it in ABC. 7.5/10

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Are you guys sure Vision is even "in there" with Wanda. I assumed she's created him in her mind and he's still not "alive".