***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's arguably my favorite.
He is my favorite and I think he is that description we used to hear about stand up comedians, "sad clowns inside". I think his sharing of his anger and temper is real and I can relate to that.

The other one that has really won me over just recently is Jeff Dunham. I saw one of his specials and he had an ongoing and rapid fire conversation with two of his puppets. one on each hand, one in the case and himself and I had to rewind that and watch it several times. The timing of that was amazing. He is the best I have ever seen at bringing his puppets to life and I grew up on Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy (grandfather of Mike McCarthy and just a chip off the old block, rimshot), Paul Winchell and Jerry Mahoney and Shari Lewis and Lambchop, the strangest name for an animal puppet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He is my favorite and I think he is that description we used to hear about stand up comedians, "sad clowns inside". I think his sharing of his anger and temper is real and I can relate to that.

The other one that has really won me over just recently is Jeff Dunham. I saw one of his specials and he had an ongoing and rapid fire conversation with two of his puppets. one on each hand, one in the case and himself and I had to rewind that and watch it several times. The timing of that was amazing. He is the best I have ever seen at bringing his puppets to life and I grew up on Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy (grandfather of Mike McCarthy and just a chip off the old block, rimshot), Paul Winchell and Jerry Mahoney and Shari Lewis and Lambchop, the strangest name for an animal puppet.
Check out Anthony Jeselnik. If you can stomach ultra dark humor. He's brilliant.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Check out Anthony Jeselnik. If you can stomach ultra dark humor. He's brilliant.
I like his stuff, but his schtick of being so self centered is annoying, because I know people who really are that self centered.

Reactions: G2

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a favorite as well and actually surprises himself with what he can get away with. Talk about guilty laughter.

That "Fire in the Maternity Ward" was an aptly named special. That was the first one of his I saw and then went back for his first one, "Thoughts and Prayers".

Reactions: G2

Creeper

Reaction score
I may be late to the party but "Away", the sci-fi soap with Hillary Swank was cancelled by Netflix, but the absolutely horrible "Another Life" season 2 should be released soon.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like his stuff, but his schtick of being so self centered is annoying, because I know people who really are that self centered.
Agree but that is just his act. And he's almost lost it a couple of times and I could see he was surprised by the acceptance of the audience, which prompted "if you liked that, you're gonna love this". The challenge I see is one upping himself, he's gone higher than any I've seen and remained funny, how much higher can he go? Any comedian that can make women laugh at dropping babies is already on higher ground.

Some of my other favorites also have certain quirks to their acts like Tom Papa repeating himself or Tom Segura's little spoiled girl faces.

Some that I don't like because of their real egos are Ron White and Kevin Hart.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree but that is just his act. And he's almost lost it a couple of times and I could see he was surprised by the acceptance of the audience, which prompted "if you liked that, you're gonna love this". The challenge I see is one upping himself, he's gone higher than any I've seen and remained funny, how much higher can he go? Any comedian that can make women laugh at dropping babies is already on higher ground.

Some of my other favorites also have certain quirks to their acts like Tom Papa repeating himself or Tom Segura's little spoiled girl faces.

Kevin Hart has a big ego? His self deprecation is a big part of his act, so I never would have thought that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

He's said at this point, people who go to his shows know what they're getting. I was a fan from the start. The more inappropriate, the better. Nothing is out of bounds. It's so bad and that's what makes it funny.
Segura is great too.
I actually don't think Kevin Hart is all that funny. Plus I heard he has writers and that sort of takes a little away to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The original ABC The Stand miniseries is just a few years short of its 30th anniversary. Do not know how many here ever saw it but I feel like it was notably better than what CBS All-Access has shown so far. And notably is an understatement.

There are only two actors and their roles I think could switch places with the original miniseries so far and do just as well:

Alexander Skarsgård as Randall Flagg (originally played by Jamey Sheridan)
J.K. Simmons as General Starkey (originally played by Ed Harris)

No one else has impressed me to this point. I do not even like the kid Joe. No personality whatsoever.

I hope it gets better. The novel and original miniseries deserves better from this incarnation of the story.
I thought the original miniseries was awful, and this one has been almost as bad, in fact, worse in that they updated it to more present day. The third episode was better than the first two though, so I'm in for another episode.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the original miniseries was awful, and this one has been almost as bad, in fact, worse in that they updated it to more present day. The third episode was better than the first two though, so I'm in for another episode.
Well, we totally disagree on the original miniseries. :)

I am going to stick with the new rendition to the end. I did like the new Nick but really dislike the new Tom Cullen (so far). Amber Heard's performance has slowly been turning me into a @Reverend Conehead disciple about her. Here's hoping her part improves especially down the stretch.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I finished Cobra Kai season 3 yesterday afternoon, another entertaining season, really enjoyed it.

Also started to watch You Honor with Bryan Cranston which seems like it is going to be good as well.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Binged Cobra Kai season 3, very enjoyable. Only problem, same I have with most streaming series I watch, not enough episodes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched a few minutes of the new show The Watch on BBCAmerica.
Meh...might give it another shot but just did not seem good.

I don't mind BBC Cheesy shows...been a fan of Dr Who for years and Like torchwood. However I don't know about this one.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Did anyone else finish Vikings? The show was never the same post Ragnar and the character motivations didn't make a lot of sense in this last / final half season.