***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

joseephuss

Reaction score
The latest episode of Wandavision confirmed to me what I already knew, that the back story of the first 3 episodes was way, way too long. They could have made the point far quicker and moved along with the plot. She gone crazy. Probably could have been done in one quick episode and dialogue.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The latest episode of Wandavision confirmed to me what I already knew, that the back story of the first 3 episodes was way, way too long. They could have made the point far quicker and moved along with the plot. She gone crazy. Probably could have been done in one quick episode and dialogue.
Ya gotta say what the spoiler is about, otherwise we're (I'm) gonna look to see what it's about!
:laugh:

joseephuss

Reaction score
My post probably doesn't even fall under the true definition of spoiler. It was about the Marvel series Wandavision.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Watched the fourth episode of WandaVision and enjoyed it, best episode yet...
beRekDD.gif

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Wanda-vision has been fantastic. The filing style &
the way the sitcom vibe creates a false sense of security makes the breaks from the sitcom so eerie.

It's sad that people have no patience for something different. They want the same format regurgitated again & again.

joseephuss

Reaction score
the way the sitcom vibe creates a false sense of security makes the breaks from the sitcom so eerie.

It's sad that people have no patience for something different. They want the same format regurgitated again & again.

The sitcom vibe to me doesn't create a false sense of security. I find it disturbing for the characters because it obviously was never real. I'm all for something different and appreciate the initial theme, but they dragged it on far too long. They could have easily made the point in at least half the time if not sooner. After watching the first episode, I figured they would move things along at some point in the 2nd. Nope they stuck to it and then came back again for the 3rd. There is nothing sad about my wanting them to pick up the pace a little. [/spolier]

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Different strokes for different folks. I'm enjoying the series, and the long-play approach, but I can see how others might not be.

I applaud Marvel for moving in new directions and doing something different, because things will get really old really fast if they simply follow the same 'superhero formula'. I think they realize that they need to try new things in an effort to keep things fresh and I applaud them for doing that. It doesn't hurt that I also have an affinity for classic television like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke and the Brady Bunch.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There is only 9 (28 minute) episodes, so I don't see how a "long-play" approach works in that short of a series format.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody watched 'The Little Things' on HBO Max?

Not a bad movie. It's a little bit of a slow burn but I found it entertaining. I think the movie will only be on HBO Max until Sunday, February 28.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dig on Netflix.
Based on a true story and I thought that since it was a historic dig site they were working on that it would interesting...turns out it was a slow english drama that focused more on relationships or lack of them from a few different characters. Really disappointed me.

Finding Ohana - More of a kids movie but not bad if you keep that in mind. Pretty predictable and some of the scenes reminded me of the goonies a bit. Basic Premise...young girl goes looking for treasure to help her grandpa while on O'ahu.

Below Zero - Kind of a let down. Foreign film. Cops transporting prisoners through some back roads and a freezing night. Someone wants to take over the transport. Could have been much better but it just had an odd feel to it and after about 20-30 minutes I grew bored with it. Maybe I will go back and finish it later.

New Series
The Unsettling - Foster kid arrives to large farm house joins family that has some other foster kids. The parents are in some weird cult. New girl starts seeing ghost and other odd ball things.
Pretty Predictable....I think I seen every "surprise" part just before it happened. Not the best written but it is a quick watch with just around 8 episodes and each being around 30 minutes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fate, The Winx Saga Nflx. I tried it for one episode and thought it was dumb and really poorly acted. Went back last night for a 2nd episode and confirmed all that and more.