***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As well as connected. NBC bought Taxi from ABC just to get the writers for Cheers. They only ran Taxi that one year.
And Rhea Pearlman hooked up with Louie on Taxi. I don't know if that was where she got her start, or if she and Danny DeVito were already together, but it's the only show beside  Cheers I've ever seen her in.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Hopefully nobody here is streaming anything tonight because they're all watching the thrilling final game of Jeopardy! Masters.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Anyone converted to MAX yet? I’m not sure I remember enough about HBO Max content but it looks like they added all the famous Discovery, Travel Channel, CNN, etc content. Not sure but don’t remember if Anthony Bourdain, Property Brothers, Chopped, Bizarre Foods and other stuff I’ve enjoyed watching in past was on it before? Hubs all look similar except for those. Disney should do something similar when it merges Hulu. I watch a lot more Hulu than I do Disney.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NEW subscribers. Typical. :rolleyes:

200w.gif

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Been watching  FUBAR on Netflix. I like it a lot. It's series that's like a Schwarzenegger movie that knows it shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm on episode 4, and I give it an 8/10.
I've been hearing similar from others as well. It's on my queue and I've been meaning to start it, but been busy with family in town. Definitely high on my "to watch" list.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone know if any of these platforms carry the Newhart show? I got a bit nostalgic the other day but couldn’t find any episodes.
I assume he meant the latter one, since he didn't use his full name...but both classics!
Both series are included in a Prime Video subscription:

5dte51s.png
rMtFa87.png

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disney Removes Dozens Of Series From Disney+ & Hulu, Including ‘Big Shot’, ‘Willow’, ‘Y’ & ‘Dollface’

By Nellie Andreeva | Deadline
May 18, 2023

The list features largely short-lived series, specials and direct-to-streaming movies.

The move, which comes with a content impairment charge of $1.5 billion to $1.8 billion, was announced during the recent Disney earnings call on May 10.

“We are in the process of reviewing the content on our DTC services to align with the strategic changes in our approach to content curation,” CFO Christine McCarthy said. At the time, no details were provided on the content that would be removed.

Read more (including the series list)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disney Removes Dozens Of Series From Disney+ & Hulu, Including ‘Big Shot’, ‘Willow’, ‘Y’ & ‘Dollface’

By Nellie Andreeva | Deadline
May 18, 2023

The list features largely short-lived series, specials and direct-to-streaming movies.

The move, which comes with a content impairment charge of $1.5 billion to $1.8 billion, was announced during the recent Disney earnings call on May 10.

“We are in the process of reviewing the content on our DTC services to align with the strategic changes in our approach to content curation,” CFO Christine McCarthy said. At the time, no details were provided on the content that would be removed.

Read more (including the series list)
I am wondering if they are pulling shows from their service to provide them to other services as part of a package to generate more revenue since a majority of Disney subscribers have likely already watched those shows if they were interested in them.

The other service(s) like Netflix, Paramount+, etc. would have a lot of subscribers that have not seen those and other shows Disney may provide and it may be part of the deal to remove them from Disney+ while they are available on the other service(s).