***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we have had a multitude of older ones with various different titles but I thought we would make this one and talk about all stuff netflix.

Found myself starting to watch the first few episodes of an older netflix series, possibly one of the first ones they did, Lilyhammer.

Only about three seasons and I think each season is under 10 episodes.

I am most of the way through the first season and I like it.

General Premise is that a mobster from New York did not like a new mob boss so the mob boss tried to have him killed. So this guy decides to inform to the FBI in exchange for Witness Relocation. Instead of going to the normal areas he decides he wants to go to Lilyhammer.

The guy is Steven Van Zandt who many might know from Bruce Springsteens band or as Tony Soprano's right hand man Sal who owned the Bada Bing bar.

Anyway, it is pretty good and funny thus far but I can see why they only did three seasons as I imagine it could only go so far.

====

For some odball reason I also started watching the Original Battlestar Galactica show. Did not realize that the Original was only on for one season (26 episodes) and then later they did a follow up a couple years later.

Still not bad but it could possibly have the worst weekly intro for a show ever.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
- Trailer Park Boys - not originally created/funded by Netflix but bought them up when IFC didn't(?)
-Narcos
-House of Cards
-Netflix presents: Mike Epps stand up special
-Netflix presents: David Cross stand up special
-Netflix presents: Bill Burr stand up special
soft hearted
-Netflix presents: John Mulaney stand up special
-Netflix presents: Jim Gaffigan stand up special

Really enjoyed Making a Murderer: more so the second twist of course and Beasts of No Nation

Going to try out Stanger Things

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Netflix US ‏@netflix 2h2 hours ago
We all know Pablo dies. The question now is #WhoKilledPablo?

Cqd97vaUkAADI49.jpg

702 retweets873 likes

MileyDancer

Reaction score
The GetDown 10/10

In a nutshell; it's about the birth of hip-hop told as a story. Starts in the late 70's, when disco still reigned supreme. The 4 main teenagers (the fantastic 4) go to a party, and see Grandmaster Flash, one of the first DJ's to cut and scratch. One is his disciples, Shaolin, starts to DJ as well. The Fantastic 4 plus One start a group. It has all the old school hip-hop elements: graffiti, bboys, MCing, and DJing. Uses old footage of New York, and the story also includes Mayor Koch running for mayor. I sped through the 1st season. The music is phenomenal, and it's not just hip-hop. Narrated by Nas.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
-
-Netflix presents: David Cross stand up special

Going to try out Stanger Things

I've been a fan of David Cross since Mr. Show. They just did a brand new season on Netflix called "With Bob and David" (also with Bob Odenkirk). Check it out. Cross's stand-up has gotten too political for me, however.

Stranger Things is great. Nothing captures the 80's as well IMO. The little girl that plays #11 is going to be big one day. You'll enjoy it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The GetDown 10/10

In a nutshell; it's about the birth of hip-hop told as a story. Starts in the late 70's, when disco still reigned supreme. The 4 main teenagers (the fantastic 4) go to a party, and see Grandmaster Flash, one of the first DJ's to cut and scratch. One is his disciples, Shaolin, starts to DJ as well. The Fantastic 4 plus One start a group. It has all the old school hip-hop elements: graffiti, bboys, MCing, and DJing. Uses old footage of New York, and the story also includes Mayor Koch running for mayor. I sped through the 1st season. The music is phenomenal, and it's not just hip-hop. Narrated by Nas.

They better have Chevy Chase in this story, or it's missing the real truth!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I've been a fan of David Cross since Mr. Show. They just did a brand new season on Netflix called "With Bob and David" (also with Bob Odenkirk). Check it out. Cross's stand-up has gotten too political for me, however.

Stranger Things is great. Nothing captures the 80's as well IMO. The little girl that plays #11 is going to be big one day. You'll enjoy it.
If you like Cross you have to watch Todd Margaret...classic
I loved Lilyhammer....his gang was the best
Narcos started strong but faded badly imo
I really like Flaked with Will Arnett
and Last Chance U is a must for football fans

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

I don't understand their plan with Narcos. If you know his real story, he should be within a month or so of his death when the first season ended. What are they going to fill the full second season with? Watching him sleep?

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Love Todd Margaret. The 2nd season threw me off for a bit, before I realized it really doesn't have anything to do with the 1st as far as storyline goes. Very excited about Narcos. Bing-watched the hell out of that one. I also like Better off Ted and The Good guys, which is about 2 Dallas cops and their crazy antics.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't understand their plan with Narcos. If you know his real story, he should be within a month or so of his death when the first season ended. What are they going to fill the full second season with? Watching him sleep?
Maybe they try to definitively expose who was responsible for his death....I just didn't like how the show went with the Americans and the girlfriends....etc

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Maybe they try to definitively expose who was responsible for his death....I just didn't like how the show went with the Americans and the girlfriends....etc
I don't want to use the term "filler-episode", but maybe they'll devote 1 or 2 eisodes to like a little side-story about one of his colleagues or enemies.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
tumblr_mzb7l4UD5d1qgk5ago1_400.gif

tumblr_mzb7l4UD5d1qgk5ago2_500.gif

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Netflix Original - Anthony Jeselink - Stand Up (kid has some game)
- Darker humor
Jeselnik is my favorite. I've seen him twice now.
Have you seen the newest Tosh stand-up? You'd really love that as well. Its dark.

yimyammer

Reaction score

its odd, they could have made 8 full seasons on the events that occurred up to this point, cramming it into one short season was such a waste

if you like the story, watch the Columbian telenovela about Pablo called Pablo Escobar, el patron del mar (also on Netflix and has 74 episodes)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
its odd, they could have made 8 full seasons on the events that occurred up to this point, cramming it into one short season was such a waste

if you like the story, watch the Columbian telenovela about Pablo called Pablo Escobar, el patron del mar (also on Netflix and has 74 episodes)

Thanks man, I will check it out. Such powerful and destructive anomalies like him (Stalin, Hitler, Dracula, Attila, etc) and just trying to figure out how their human psyche even existed is so fascinating.

It's crazy, because then you get some of the best people in history. I truly believe we will know exactly how the Universe even exists well before we ever understand the human psyche.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Thanks man, I will check it out. Such powerful and destructive anomalies like him (Stalin, Hitler, Dracula, Attila, etc) and just trying to figure out how their human psyche even existed is so fascinating.

It's crazy, because then you get some of the best people in history. I truly believe we will know exactly how the Universe even exists well before we ever understand the human psyche.

My pleasure, the production quality is a little cheesy but the story is good and seems accurate. They weave live video of various events into episodes as they are portrayed in the story. I blew through 74 episodes and was wanting more.

Sounds like we have similar interests as I am endlessly fascinated with the personalities and events of WW2. Given the quality of life we get to live today, it seems unreal and too insane to have actually occurred, but it did.

When artificial intelligence becomes indistinguishable from humans, we may find the answers to your questions and many others at such a rapid pace it will feel as though we've been catapulted forward through a time warp. Some believe this could begin as soon as 2025,. If the concerns of doom and gloom are inaccurate, I hope it happens in my lifetime, it should fascinating to see.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When artificial intelligence becomes indistinguishable from humans, we may find the answers to your questions and many others at such a rapid pace it will feel as though we've been catapulted forward through a time warp. Some believe this could begin as soon as 2025,. If the concerns of doom and gloom are inaccurate, I hope it happens in my lifetime, it should fascinating to see.

This is a little deep in some places, but take a glance at this article as some bedtime reading or something. It's amazing to think this could be the beginnings of really powerful AI in the future.

Recurrent Neural Networks