***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No love for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Far out comedy that was initially made for NBC, but since they didn't pick it up (and after a whole season was made), Netflix bought it. It's over-the-top comedy, but Ellie Kemper is gold. Amazing comedic timing, she sort of came out of no where.

Frances Ha is a delight. A Woody Allen sort of vibe. Beautiful cinematography.

Short Term 12. Excellent. A woman working at a group home who has demons of her own. Incredibly well-acted.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally finished Spotless. really enjoyed the show and hope they get season two out soon.

If you have not watched it it is a franco/british show set in london with one Brother who is a cleaner. He cleans up crime scenes and his estranged brother comes to town and gets them involved with a British gangster and his crazy brother. Pretty good show IMO.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
When I did have Netflix I watched the brain dead stuff, family guy,futurama, and a lot of the trailer park boys,nothing riveting or serious but caught some pretty good movies also that I'd never have went to the theater to go see or rented ,,,,

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Watch I "No Longer Feel at Home in This World."

It has Elijah Wood, and is pretty funny.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Finally finished Spotless. really enjoyed the show and hope they get season two out soon.

If you have not watched it it is a franco/british show set in london with one Brother who is a cleaner. He cleans up crime scenes and his estranged brother comes to town and gets them involved with a British gangster and his crazy brother. Pretty good show IMO.

Sounds like something I would want to see...

But.... it seems the only thing I can watch with British accents is Star Wars movies lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Just watched The OA. I was really looking forward to it because I heard it was similar to Stranger Things and because I like movies dealing with alternate universes... but, man was that one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen. Usually I have good taste but my last two were big misses. Split was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and The OA was one of the worst shows. Gotta redeem myself.
OA was watchable but yea, calling it a Stranger Things type show was insane. Two different worlds.
I am not sure if I'd watch a season 2 of OA as it did at times feel like a chore to get to the end.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various and most or all mentioned previously:

luke cage: cheesy but watchable. very like jessica jones. didn;t carry well throughout the season and was predictable.
stranger things: gold.
OA: watchable with some cool moments but some episodes were almost painful and ending was blah. i'd have to be bored to watch a season 2.
love: not a bad rom com style show. characters are well developed and believable. very California vibe. easy to watch.
hell on wheels: loved season 1 before netflix but it did grow mundane to me. might have been better as a single movie
longmire: also watched it before netflix.it was good as well early but lost out to more interesting shows. might eventually go finish it off on netflix.

HBO--
Insecure: very interesting story line. like weird reality tv take on a rom com.
Westworld: I didn't think this was as good as advertised but it was very watchable.

negativecreep

Reaction score
I think we have had a multitude of older ones with various different titles but I thought we would make this one and talk about all stuff netflix.

Found myself starting to watch the first few episodes of an older netflix series, possibly one of the first ones they did, Lilyhammer.

Only about three seasons and I think each season is under 10 episodes.

I am most of the way through the first season and I like it.

General Premise is that a mobster from New York did not like a new mob boss so the mob boss tried to have him killed. So this guy decides to inform to the FBI in exchange for Witness Relocation. Instead of going to the normal areas he decides he wants to go to Lilyhammer.

The guy is Steven Van Zandt who many might know from Bruce Springsteens band or as Tony Soprano's right hand man Sal who owned the Bada Bing bar.

Anyway, it is pretty good and funny thus far but I can see why they only did three seasons as I imagine it could only go so far.

====

For some odball reason I also started watching the Original Battlestar Galactica show. Did not realize that the Original was only on for one season (26 episodes) and then later they did a follow up a couple years later.

Still not bad but it could possibly have the worst weekly intro for a show ever.
I've always been too cheap to go for netflix(I still watch a tv I bought at a thrift store 10 years ago for $12), is it all it's cracked up to be? I finally have some funds I can use on stuff like that, among other things..

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always been too cheap to go for netflix(I still watch a tv I bought at a thrift store 10 years ago for $12), is it all it's cracked up to be? I finally have some funds I can use on stuff like that, among other things..

I enjoy it.

Good thing is if you don't like it...after buying a card (you get a $30 card which covers three months plus you normally get at least one month free). So for $30 you should get around 4 months and if you don't like it...don't get another card. I buy the netflix cards so there is no way they can charge you over that.

I am not sure how much it would cost you to get a roku, chromecast or one of the other methods to work on your TV. Although you could do it on most phones, tablets and computers without buying anything extra.

Personally I use it quite a bit. There are thousands of tv shows and movies on there and they add and delete movies every month.
Keep in mind this is not HBO so you are not getting the newest theater movies as they hit DVD status although you might get a few.

You could also see if there is someone near you that has it on their computer or phone and ask them to look through the listings of shows and movies just to get an idea.

I will say this...some of their exclusive shows are just as good, if not better than some of the current shows on TV. I have found their Marvel shows are MUCH better than the DC shows they have on CW.

negativecreep

Reaction score
I enjoy it.

Good thing is if you don't like it...after buying a card (you get a $30 card which covers three months plus you normally get at least one month free). So for $30 you should get around 4 months and if you don't like it...don't get another card. I buy the netflix cards so there is no way they can charge you over that.

I am not sure how much it would cost you to get a roku, chromecast or one of the other methods to work on your TV. Although you could do it on most phones, tablets and computers without buying anything extra.

Personally I use it quite a bit. There are thousands of tv shows and movies on there and they add and delete movies every month.
Keep in mind this is not HBO so you are not getting the newest theater movies as they hit DVD status although you might get a few.

You could also see if there is someone near you that has it on their computer or phone and ask them to look through the listings of shows and movies just to get an idea.

I will say this...some of their exclusive shows are just as good, if not better than some of the current shows on TV. I have found their Marvel shows are MUCH better than the DC shows they have on CW.
thanks , I think I'm going to give it a try :) got a tablet, labtop and I'm planning on upgrading my TV, Since I'm getting married in just over a month, sounds cool and I don't think the Wife would be too upset if I updated things a little, lol. Appreciate the opinion.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need another new show to watch. Finished trailer park boys new season this past weekend.
Someone said to try Schitt$ Creek (not circumventing filter...that is actual title) and after 3 episodes I just can't bring myself to watch another.

Maybe I will go back to death in Paradise....I kind of liked that one before I got side tracked with a bunch of other shows.

Any suggestions of decent shows...maybe I have not heard of them or have not given a chance?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Need another new show to watch. Finished trailer park boys new season this past weekend.
Someone said to try Schitt$ Creek (not circumventing filter...that is actual title) and after 3 episodes I just can't bring myself to watch another.

Maybe I will go back to death in Paradise....I kind of liked that one before I got side tracked with a bunch of other shows.

Any suggestions of decent shows...maybe I have not heard of them or have not given a chance?
Black Mirror.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Interested in watching three mini-series The Sixties, The Seventies and The Eighties. Hopefully they're not too agenda-driven. We'll see.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I binge watched Frontier. Its about the furnace in the 1800s in Canada. Kind of lame.