***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

joseephuss

Reaction score
Tower

Well done documentary about the Charles Whitman shooting at the UT tower in 1966.

Win It All

A slow paced, painful movie. I mean that as a compliment. It was enjoyable.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Finally watched Iron Fist. I thought it was pretty good though maybe the weakest of the Marvel shows so far on Netflix. I almost expected it to suck from reading some of the review tidbits when the series was first released.

Looking forward to the Defenders.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Just finished season 1 and started season 2 of Better Call Saul. I've enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. Watched Fortitude on Amazon before that and loved it. It's a Norwegian psycho thriller with polar bears, mammoths, flesh eating wasps and a really cool story line. Season 2 is about to start up.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
On season 2 of Rectify right now. I'm really enjoying it, great plot
This is one of the greatest shows, ever. In my top ten. The casting was superb, the acting on a whole other level. Aidan Young, Abigail Spencer, and (particularly) Claine Crawford were robbed of Emmys (as is such) being aired on a low profile channel (Sundance).

Just a remarkable, incredibly well-written, well-directed, and well-acted series. There's very, very few of these gems. And it has an American Gothic vibe to it.

The creator, Ray McKinnon, is a savant. Many will remember him from Deadwood (HBO western) as the priest who developed epilepsy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished season 1 and started season 2 of Better Call Saul. I've enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. Watched Fortitude on Amazon before that and loved it. It's a Norwegian psycho thriller with polar bears, mammoths, flesh eating wasps and a really cool story line. Season 2 is about to start up.

Better call saul is just so good but in a weird way.
Kind of a slow burn kind of story lines where you are not bored while watching but many times there is not much going on.
Just great writing and acting.

Next season of FARGO should be coming on soon. First two seasons were great...done kind of like Better Call Saul where it is kind of slow but just a great show.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Kind of a slow burn kind of story lines where you are not bored while watching but many times there is not much going on.

Next season of FARGO should be coming on soon. First two seasons were great...done kind of like Better Call Saul where it is kind of slow but just a great show.
Fargo is absolutely amazing, BP. So stoked for the new season.

BCS is a fun show, and I think it's really gonna start to pick up its momentum starting this upcoming season.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

Fargo starts tonight.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Need another new show to watch. Finished trailer park boys new season this past weekend.
Someone said to try Schitt$ Creek (not circumventing filter...that is actual title) and after 3 episodes I just can't bring myself to watch another.

Maybe I will go back to death in Paradise....I kind of liked that one before I got side tracked with a bunch of other shows.

Any suggestions of decent shows...maybe I have not heard of them or have not given a chance?

Rome
Boardwalk Empire
Banshee
Six Feet Under
Magic City
Westworld
Shameless

Many of these are not on Netflix, but they're all re-watchable, much like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Thrones, etc.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Two more episodes to watch of Hotel Beau Sejour. Pretty good so far. Past few episodes have been getting more interesting.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Louis CK Stand Up Special

Big fan but didn't think this was his best material. 7/10

Chapelle Stand Up Special

Seems to be almost too humbled tbh (lacks same swag/confidence), still love em (DC homebread) but nowhere where he was before his hiatus. 8/10

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just finished watching Hotel Beau Sejour. Awesome show. Has anyone seen any of these European crime dramas and what were your thoughts?

The Killing
Broadchurch
The Break
Wallander
River
Border Town
Happy Valley
Hinterland
Southcliffe

negativecreep

Reaction score
I would just like to thank the person that told me to give it a shot(I'll try and go back in this thread and find him). I'm hooked on Netflix now, thank you :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two episodes left of The Keepers. This is really good, like The Jinx (HBO) good.

@MichaelWinicki, as a true crimes buff, I believe you'd thoroughly enjoy this. It has some moments that are hard to get through, some very disturbing stuff, but it's amazing.

I don't have Netflix but I've followed the story– And it's horrible on so many levels.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I don't have Netflix but I've followed the story– And it's horrible on so many levels.
It's beyond horrible. These poor women. And Cathy.

This is lights out, an incredible documentary. Netflix is raising their game.

I've been on a week and a half excursion to root out well-made documentaries, and this is up there. The Seven Five was also riveting, among many others I've watched, spanning multiple channels/sources

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's beyond horrible. These poor women. And Cathy.

This is lights out, an incredible documentary. Netflix is raising their game.

I've been on a week and a half excursion to root out well-made documentaries, and this is up there. The Seven Five was also riveting, among many others I've watched, spanning multiple channels/sources

Step up your game and get a couple true crime books... :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tower

Well done documentary about the Charles Whitman shooting at the UT tower in 1966.

Win It All

A slow paced, painful movie. I mean that as a compliment. It was enjoyable.

All the deaths (except Whitman's) were a tragic loss, but the two that bother me the most is the older female receptionist who Whitman clubbed to death with the butt of his rifle... And his wife who he stabbed while she was sleeping– by most accounts she was a very nice gal who deserved far better than him.