***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any suggestions, Mike? I'm as much interested in the prose and style of the writer as I am the story. :)

Here are 5 to get you started:

"Butcher, Baker: A True Account of a Serial Murderer

The story of Robert Hansen, who murdered upwards of 30 in Alaska during the 70's & 80's.

"In Broad Daylight"

The story of Ken Rex McElroy who terrorized a small town in Missouri until the populous collectively gunned him down on an afternoon in 1981... The vigilante killing has never been solved.

"Judgement Day: The John List Story"

The guy who murdered his family in 1971 and eluded capture for 20 years until he was profiled on "America's Most Wanted".

"Last Rampage"

The story of Gary Tison who broke out of an Arizona prison in 1978 with another fugitive and proceeded to murder 6 people before being stopped. This book bothered me... Still does and I read it a couple years ago.

"Darker than Night"

The story of two hunting buddies where were murdered in Mio Michigan in 1985 and their bodies cut up and fed to pigs. Another case that took nearly 20 years to solve. This book bothered me also long after reading it.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

The story of Robert Hansen, who murdered upwards of 30 in Alaska during the 70's & 80's.

"In Broad Daylight"

The story of Ken Rex McElroy who terrorized a small town in Missouri until the populous collectively gunned him down on an afternoon in 1981... The vigilante killing has never been solved.

The guy who murdered his family in 1971 and eluded capture for 20 years until he was profiled on "America's Most Wanted".

"Last Rampage"

The story of Gary Tison who broke out of an Arizona prison in 1978 with another fugitive and proceeded to murder 6 people before being stopped. This book bothered me... Still does and I read it a couple years ago.

"Darker than Night"

The story of two hunting buddies where were murdered in Mio Michigan in 1985 and their bodies cut up and fed to pigs. Another case that took nearly 20 years to solve. This book bothered me also long after reading it.
Thanks, Mike!

DFWJC

Reaction score

"In Broad Daylight"

"Last Rampage"

"Darker than Night"

:omg:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One expert on serial killers felt there at least 100 of them in the US during the 60's, 70's & 80's. And still many in law enforcement did not believe in their existence until the late 70's. By that time Bundy, Gacy, "The Candy Man" in Houston and "The Zodiac" forced them to re-evaluate the possibility of someone purposely murdering strangers on a somewhat regular basis– And not for money.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "Candy Man" situation in Houston was very depressing in that many of the young men and boys abducted and murdered were from the same neighborhood. I saw a map at one point showing the homes where these missing/murdered guys were from and it was startling.

But law enforcement kept going back to the "He probably ran away" line.

It wasn't a golden era for Houston law enforcement.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last Chance U second season is on now.

If you seen the first season and liked it, you will probably like the second season.

For those that have never seen the show.

IT is about college football players playing in a JUCO college that is known for taking in Players that were in DI schools and got into trouble. This season they have a kid that was at Texas Tech, Louisville, Florida State, Georgia and Penn State.

All got in trouble for various reasons and dropped by the team/school...so they go to EMCC (East Mississippi Community College) aka Last Chance U to help with grades, try to stay out of trouble, play well and hope that a DI school will stop in and take a chance on them again.

You got other players there who were not DI to start with but hope to be picked up by a school.

Some kids you kind of root for...others just basically make you angry with the way they are so lazy and the attitude they display when people are trying to help them but they think they know better.

It is also a JUCO that is known for winning NATIONAL championships. So during each season they show you parts of games and you learn if they make the Championship during the seasons.

You also learn to like or dislike coaches at the team. I liked seeing Clint Trickett. He was a QB at Florida State then played at WVU for a couple of years and his father is one of the best Oline Coaches in College football who worked at WVU and is currently at FSU.

There is also a lady on the show that works hard to try and reach the young men, to make sure they get to class, do their homework and tries to help them make the grade so if some other school comes around they will be academically ok to go to the new school. I really feel for that lady as she truly cares and really tries hard but some of these kids just don't care.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Any of you guys watch F is for Family? It's like Family Guy, but completely unfiltered. I would say the first 4 episodes are just "okay", but after that. It really starts getting funny.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

If you seen the first season and liked it, you will probably like the second season.

IT is about college football players playing in a JUCO college that is known for taking in Players that were in DI schools and got into trouble. This season they have a kid that was at Texas Tech, Louisville, Florida State, Georgia and Penn State.

All got in trouble for various reasons and dropped by the team/school...so they go to EMCC (East Mississippi Community College) aka Last Chance U to help with grades, try to stay out of trouble, play well and hope that a DI school will stop in and take a chance on them again.

You got other players there who were not DI to start with but hope to be picked up by a school.

Some kids you kind of root for...others just basically make you angry with the way they are so lazy and the attitude they display when people are trying to help them but they think they know better.

It is also a JUCO that is known for winning NATIONAL championships. So during each season they show you parts of games and you learn if they make the Championship during the seasons.

You also learn to like or dislike coaches at the team. I liked seeing Clint Trickett. He was a QB at Florida State then played at WVU for a couple of years and his father is one of the best Oline Coaches in College football who worked at WVU and is currently at FSU.

There is also a lady on the show that works hard to try and reach the young men, to make sure they get to class, do their homework and tries to help them make the grade so if some other school comes around they will be academically ok to go to the new school. I really feel for that lady as she truly cares and really tries hard but some of these kids just don't care.
Thanks, BP. I loved the first season and was on the fence over the second, I'll watch it now that you're saying it's good.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Coach Buddy is such a bad role model....... he is perfect for Last Chance U

It is interesting to see some of these "monsters" are just kids...... the QB from Fla St that punched that girl at the bar really seemed to have learned his lesson..... the DL from Penn St not so much

It was great to see Ollie doing well at Nicholls St

Ms Brittany is truly a angel....