Official Tony Romo thread

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I like Tony Romo. Will never apologize for it. I wish somebody would suggest I was more of a Romo than a Cowboys fan. Some of you mad at folks for not quite letting their emotional attachment to Romo go can go suck an egg. Dude is a good person and was a good player for this team for a long time. Wish him the best wherever he goes next year

RS12

Reaction score
ARLINGTON

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones glanced up from his postgame press conference just inside the Cowboys’ locker room to watch Tony Romo depart. He knew what Romo knows: It likely was the last time Romo leaves the Cowboys’ locker room.

The Cowboys and Romo are expected to part ways in the offseason, whether by trade or by release.

“We just won’t address any of that until later on,” Jones said. “And I’m not going to quantify it in terms of days or weeks or whatever, but that will be in the future.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...rner-blog/article126772224.html#storylink=cpy

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I think it's the end for romo in dallas. No need to keep him as a backup next year when the d needs a lot of work.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Yeah, I just hope we don't blow it. We can still get something out of him in a trade, but we'll probably respect his wishes to play for a contender and cut him so he can sign with Denver and leave us with nothing. Then we'll use the $5 million we save to sign a crappy backup QB.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
It will be a sad day when Tony Romo walks away from the Cowboys for the last time.

He deserves better. Sad thing is....He would've lost today in a 1 point shootout because of our AWFUL defense in a big game, yet again. DRAFT. FOR. DEFENSE.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There is no benefit to cutting or trading him before June 1st

Unless someone offers a huge package it is better to be patient and let the market unfold

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Romo is gone. It is up to management to make sure the future salary cap hit we have to take for his contract is offset by a trade. Player or draft pick.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I can't find a scenario where Romo would be a Cowboy next season.

I read an article he wants Denver. We shall see. Wish him good health.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Romo is gone. It is up to management to make sure the future salary cap hit we have to take for his contract is offset by a trade. Player or draft pick.
Romo gone, search for backup begins, is kellen the answer with dak learning day to day, defense front 7 issues...were they addressed in draft. Did heath solve fs issue with churchs playoff struggles and health problems. Will Jones settle at corner with Claiborne's departure and lastly Rico gathers starts with witten being old like romo..training camp in a nutshell haha :rolleyes:o_O