Official Tony Romo thread

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So if he hadn't lost, he'd have won? No, Dak did not win today - he lost along with the rest of the team. To imply "could" is to imply the unknown. Today's outcome is known. Romo might also have lost. But he might also have won. Dak's coin has been flipped - we know how it lands.
Wow, that's wrong on so many levels.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hey, I like Tony Romo. Will never apologize for it. I wish somebody would suggest I was more of a Romo than a Cowboys fan. Some of you mad at folks for not quite letting their emotional attachment to Romo go can go suck an egg. Dude is a good person and was a good player for this team for a long time. Wish him the best wherever he goes next year
:clap:

Its okay to like Romo and Dak, folks

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is stupid and silly and only Jerry can end this. Make Romo a coach and be done with it. He cant play in the NFL. Dont scream ,(not talk, they are past that, screeching now) How you are about safety and letting a guy like Romo with a bad body still try to play. Stupid. All Jerry needs to say is "Romo, now you know we tried our best, our very very best to ruin your career. We took great pride in that, I and Stephen have no regrets in that, other than not drinking harder. Stop thinking you have enough in you, we can show you everything going on in your body with the best doctors. All you are playing for is ruining your future. Here is a nice pay day, join our ranks as QB coach or assistant, also inform Wade hes gone and be done with this. Its silly to think you have anything left when your body wont hack it, you felt that pain you laid on that field. WE love you, we loved ruining this team around you, just join us and let the fans be happy we did something two things right."

Thats all that needs to be said and this goes to bed and something is done correctly.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah, do that and then we'll have to hear a bunch of "fans" talk about how much better he is than Landry and Johnson.

At this point, his "legend" is out of control. You would think the Cowboys have 5 rings under Romo alone.

I just keep hoping that when he moves on, a whole bunch of his followers will move on with him.

What is with you haters? You must be really miserable people.

robjay04

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Yep fans like that just need to move on to another team.

Venger

Reaction score
Wow, that's wrong on so many levels.
None of which you seem to have the ability to articulate, so I am going to assume the error lies with you.

Dak lost today. Sucks. Saying "Dak could have won today" is a meaningless statement and is not congruous to the statement "Romo could have won today" because Dak could NOT have won today, we just had a three hour experiment that proved it. Romo is a conjecture, Dak is not. Dak as starting QB today is 0-1. Perhaps you are merely conflating probability with ability. Dak could have won today (ability), he did not win today (probability). Romo could both have won today (ability), and could have won (probabilty) had he started.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Tony is better right now than Dak, and he should have been the starter once healthy. This team played a soft last place schedule, and it's a vastly more talented, deep, and healthy roster than the 2014 team that Romo took to the playoffs w/ a record of 12-4... Love Dak, but he's a rookie...

It's beyond stupid to suffer through Dak's growing pains with a team this good... Especially when you have a top 5 QB sitting on the bench, and you've already endured so many years of his growing pains... Who really thinks we lose AGAIN to the Packers if Romo had been the starting QB for the last 5-6 weeks? I don't... This was Romo's team... Tony has been too good for too long, eventually his gaudy stats and incredible late game heroics were going to manifest into real playoff success... It was only a matter of time, I feel like this could have still been that kind of career defining season for Romo and the other vets, but we bet on a rookie and it did not pay dividends...

Is it fair to lay this at the feet of Dak Prescott? Maybe not, but it never stopped Romo from getting most of the blame when he dragged FAR LESS talented teams into the playoffs only to make early exits... Still love both Romo and Dak though...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't worry Romo, you will atleast have a chance to win a ring like Ware did.............you are free now.

The only way Garrett gets this team to the SB is if he buys them all tickets on EBAY.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Wherever Tony ends up, I believe the fans of that team will be delighted...

'Isn't this that choker-guy?... Dang - he's pretty good!'

For the duration of whatever Tony has remaining - which I expect is a couple of years.

kevm3

Reaction score
Tony is better right now than Dak, and he should have been the starter once healthy. This team played a soft last place schedule, and it's a vastly more talented, deep, and healthy roster than the 2014 team that Romo took to the playoffs w/ a record of 12-4... Love Dak, but he's a rookie...

It's beyond stupid to suffer through Dak's growing pains with a team this good... Especially when you have a top 5 QB sitting on the bench, and you've already endured so many years of his growing pains... Who really thinks we lose AGAIN to the Packers if Romo had been the starting QB for the last 5-6 weeks? I don't... This was Romo's team... Tony has been too good for too long, eventually his gaudy stats and incredible late game heroics were going to manifest into real playoff success... It was only a matter of time, I feel like this could have still been that kind of career defining season for Romo and the other vets, but we bet on a rookie and it did not pay dividends...

Is it fair to lay this at the feet of Dak Prescott? Maybe not, but it never stopped Romo from getting most of the blame when he dragged FAR LESS talented teams into the playoffs only to make early exits... Still love both Romo and Dak though...
Tell me how exactly was this team vastly more talented than 2014. This was essentially the same team as the 2014 team except you had Murray instead of Zeke. Dak didn't lose this game. He tied the game. What lost this game was the defense letting Rodgers throw a 20 yard pass at the end of the game.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Tell me how exactly was this team vastly more talented than 2014. This was essentially the same team as the 2014 team except you had Murray instead of Zeke. Dak didn't lose this game. He tied the game. What lost this game was the defense letting Rodgers throw a 20 yard pass at the end of the game.

First of all, I dont care what some cherry-picked stats might say, Zeke is a huge upgrade over Murray! For example, Murray had a killer fumble in our game against GB, Zeke on the other hand was the best player on the field for either team, including Rodgers...

No Sean Lee in 2014! That's a pretty damn big difference maker there..

No Byron Jones in the 2014...

No Mo Claiborne in 2014 either, that's another pretty big one... Not to mention Justin Durant was also out the last half of 2014. Honorable mention to rookie Anthony Brown.

Plus, anybody who was on the 2014 team and is still here, they're probably better for having at least gained that playoff experience, and just our younger players getting better with experience in general.

It should also be noted that the 2014 team played a much tougher schedule and went 12-4...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Good luck in Cleveland, old fellow!

Romo won't end up in Cleveland. Jerry won't allow that or any other similarly miserable fate to take Romo. You might try paying attention to details like the tight relationship between the Jones' and their former starting QB. Oh, but that's right. Details aren't your bag... just lame anti-Romo shtick - at which you excel. Accent on lame.

irving

Reaction score
None of which you seem to have the ability to articulate, so I am going to assume the error lies with you.

Dak lost today. Sucks. Saying "Dak could have won today" is a meaningless statement and is not congruous to the statement "Romo could have won today" because Dak could NOT have won today, we just had a three hour experiment that proved it. Romo is a conjecture, Dak is not. Dak as starting QB today is 0-1. Perhaps you are merely conflating probability with ability. Dak could have won today (ability), he did not win today (probability). Romo could both have won today (ability), and could have won (probabilty) had he started.[/Q Unless Romo can play defense, then I feel confident in saying the team would have still lost today. Didn't a Romo lead team lose to Rodgers when he(Rodgers) had a bad leg? Well he didn't have bad leg today. The Dallas defense and the coaches directly impacted the outcome of today's game. At some point a teams defense has to make a stop, good teams have a defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo puts up more than 31 points on that trash defense
that is pure speculation, he might have done 49 or 17 you never know.

I thought about starting romo as a surprise to the packers, but JG and jones boys dont have the ___ for that.
I really though Romo might be better matchup for GB and Atlanta, but Dak better against NE or Pitt.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hey, I like Tony Romo. Will never apologize for it. I wish somebody would suggest I was more of a Romo than a Cowboys fan. Some of you mad at folks for not quite letting their emotional attachment to Romo go can go suck an egg. Dude is a good person and was a good player for this team for a long time. Wish him the best wherever he goes next year

I wish I could 'double-like' a post.