RELEASED Official: Witten notifies team he is retiring

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have watched the cowboys since 1965. I have watched a lot of great men and great players who made me proud to be a Cowboys fan. Witt you made me proud to be a Cowboys fan. Your love of the game, your dedication to this team and how you conducted yourself on and off the field. It is men like you who has made the Cowboys America's Team. Thank you

erod

Reaction score
Yes, right now we have 5 nobodies on the roster. Witten was a 3rd round draft pick that didn't have that much success in college. He came here
and learned the game from Parcels. These young pups will now have an opportunity to step up, play the game, and grab a starting role. One of
these guys will emerge, just like Witten, and fulfill his dream...just watch.

One will emerge and be a decent tight end for 5-6 years.

Witten played 225 consecutive games and is 4th all-time in receptions. He's the Cal Ripken of tight ends. And one of the reasons he didn't have much success in college is that he was a defensive end before injury forced them to move him to tight end.

That is a MASSIVE difference.

LittleD

Reaction score
One will emerge and be a decent tight end for 5-6 years.

Witten played 225 consecutive games and is 4th all-time in receptions. He's the Cal Ripken of tight ends. And one of the reasons he didn't have much success in college is that he was a defensive end before injury forced them to move him to tight end.

That is a MASSIVE difference.

I agree. Not many players, let alone TE's, last more than 5 or 6 years. Witten was one of a kind and we probably won't see his like
for many years on the Cowboys. Witten was used much of the time in college as in in-line blocking TE just like Shultz has been used
at Stamford. I still feel that one of these guys on the roster will become the next security blanket for Dak. If not, the team will use more
10-personal and 4 WR or 5 WR sets that spread the field letting Beasley roam the middle.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
The guy gave FIFTEEN years of his life to play for the team that you supposedly cheer for. Something tells me that you have no clue as to the sacrifices he had to make and all the life changing moments he had to miss because he was playing for YOUR team. Fine, hate him as a player. As a man, he at least deserves some props.

Oh, no need to hide it anymore...we all know that you own a #82 jersey so feel free to represent. :clap:

Not sure where I ever said I hated him as a man or player but sure!