Officiating crew for the Philly / Dallas game

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And yet, "the refs" had no bearing on the outcome of the Rams game. It's funny how if you actually play well the officials don't matter.

Stumble and bumble all over yourselves and suddenly a bad call becomes the determining factor. Odd that.

I know, but I just find it funny that we have the worst two refs in the league officiating our last two games.

CWR

Reaction score
Watch MLB, the NBA, the NHL, or any other league. Officials are inconsistent in all sports. Human error occurs in life everyday.

What cracks me up is when NFL officials are guilty of it there has to be a conspiracy, in the eyes of some. Apparently they could never blow a call by accident - they must be fantastic officials.

Human error is such a cop out. Why not train all officials to call games consistently? Some call holding, some dont. Some call PI, some let em play. Ect.

That doesn't even take into consideration blatantly bad calls. Im only talking about officials that call games differently. Why aren't all of them on the same page?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Stephen Jones said this week that bad calls are part of the game and that is why he wants the PI review to not be renewed for next season. It was conditionally approved for only one year by the competition committee and Stephen Jones said he will vote to do away with it, he said it slows the game down and second guesses the refs on judgement calls.

Somebody asked him about the refs making bad calls and he said, "bad calls are part of the game" and he mentioned the two phantom trip calls against the Pats. Said the team just has to be better and overcome bad calls.

That would be because Stephen is an adult and uses adult reasoning.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Now that I watch it a couple of times, it does look like he gives Dak's leg an extra twist.

I cant bust the ref's balls too much for not throwing a flag on this, watching it in real time its hard to catch it. I didnt even notice it during the game and had to play it two or three times to really see the extra twist on the leg. If you are a ref standing 5 or 10 feet away watching this in real time, its very hard to see.

Not making excuses for the refs, they have sucked this year, just saying this play I understand no flag being thrown.
It should be much easier for the ref who has the best view in the house. A bad tv angle on a small screen would be harder. You can also see Dak's reaction.

oldschoolfan

Reaction score
Overall, defense needs discipline—— Bennett has to watch offsides and lining in the neutral zone!!!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is the guy that called the "too many men in the huddle" that negated a huge play in the playoffs against the Packers.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/01/19/nfl-admits-mistake-on-huddle-penalty-on-brice-butler/

He's also the guy that was suspended for using the GD cuss word with his mic open.

He's pretty garbage in general.
That article says the nfl never admitted a mistake. At least that ***T Blandino said that.

So what was it? Did they admit a mistake. I thought so.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
It should be much easier for the ref who has the best view in the house. A bad tv angle on a small screen would be harder. You can also see Dak's reaction.

Apparently you have never officiated above the YMCA level. Many times, the official DOES NOT have the best view in the house. Officials, especially in football and basketball, are looking in specific areas but have numerous people (sometimes large people) constantly moving through their line of sight. A good official will constantly by moving, based on what is happening in front of them, to improve their angle, but even the best sometimes guess wrong on where to move. That person in the stands, with the ability to see OVER all those people, watch the action on a 40 x 80 yard video board and/or see 5 slo-mo replays from 4 different angles on television might well have a much better view.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Apparently you have never officiated above the YMCA level. Many times, the official DOES NOT have the best view in the house. Officials, especially in football and basketball, are looking in specific areas but have numerous people (sometimes large people) constantly moving through their line of sight. A good official will constantly by moving, based on what is happening in front of them, to improve their angle, but even the best sometimes guess wrong on where to move. That person in the stands, with the ability to see OVER all those people, watch the action on a 40 x 80 yard video board and/or see 5 slo-mo replays from 4 different angles on television might well have a much better view.
You are blind and need to look at the video and where the ref is.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its sad and pathetic that we even have to worry/address who will be officiating - speaks volumes on many levels.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Human error is such a cop out. Why not train all officials to call games consistently? Some call holding, some dont. Some call PI, some let em play. Ect.

That doesn't even take into consideration blatantly bad calls. Im only talking about officials that call games differently. Why aren't all of them on the same page?

Every time the same couple of posters call it random human error I ask them to point out where the random error went in favor of the Cowboys. They never reply because it would defeat their entire argument.

Its funny how the random error works out in favor of every league making the most money every single time.

In MLB it was "Hey, sorry we missed Barry Bonds doubling in size in his 30's". Human error. "Sorry we missed McGuire and Sosa both breaking all HR records, we were too busy counting the money in brought in". Must be human error again.

Reactions: CWR

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Thats sure how it should play out if this was sport instead of the entertainment industry . I know Im tired of seeing the refs play a part in our games that crap in NE still has me pissed off but I guess nobody is allowed to win there and we were so close they had to get the refs in to stop us

The Patriots lost their next home game. Somehow, the refs couldn't stop the Chiefs that day. :rolleyes:

You do know repeating an unsubstantiated theory a thousand times doesn't make it any more credible. It just makes you look like a child who can't handle it when his favorite team loses.

Kaiser

Reaction score
All you do is lie. What part of my saying, "the calls were clearly wrong" is me "supporting" the calls? What an idiot. Lol.

And that poster isn't the only one who asked for my opinion. Look harder, lol.

"Don't believe your lying eyes, believe the knucklehead who said Witten tripped over his own feet against the Vikings".

Kaiser

Reaction score
The Patriots lost their next home game. Somehow, the refs couldn't stop the Chiefs that day. :rolleyes:

You do know repeating an unsubstantiated theory a thousand times doesn't make it any more credible. It just makes you look like a child who can't handle it when his favorite team loses.

Show us the posts where the people in this thread said it was the reason we lost. Then show us the random human error that went in the favor of Dallas this season. Because randomness evens out over time.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Well this child is old enough to have seen everything in life but my huntin dog can be corrupted over money . So you just go on believing there is no possible way the NFL could be corrupt in anyway shape or form .

There are many things far more sacred in life than the NFL that have been proved corrupt and carefully covered up , TILL THEY GOT EXPOSED !!!

OttoWest

Reaction score
Don't let it stay close so officiating can decide it. Dallas needs to put their foot on the throttle and keep it there.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
So Corrente is going to screw the Cowboys? Funny because a couple idiots on Philly radio were saying the opposite and quoting a 5-10 record when Corrente works the games,

Another crazy idea is Corrente is just a crappy, flag happy official that will probably call an equal number of terrible calls against both teams.

So incompetence or some grand conspiracy involving numerous people from the league office level down to individual officials?

Sorry but my tinfoil hat doesn’t fit any more so I’ll go with incompetence.

All I want is for the refs to understand the magnitude of the game and keep the flags in their pockets over tricky-tack borderline calls. Let the players decide the game.