Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

Bagman

Reaction score
We got a free 56 yards out last drive. The refs aren’t great but stop blaming. I spend every week here when we are winning games talking about the ones we are gifted and it’s ignored.

Btw I keep hearing about the hands to face . The replay wasn’t definitive and it looked like a miss and hitting shoulder
So......that wasn't DPI on Gallup's defender ? In fact, the Eagles benefitted. If that guy doesn't tackle Gallup, he may have taken it to the house

_sturt_

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not quite this far gone. But it did get an evil grin out of me, and it did immediately get posted to my Facebook page for all my football-lovin friends to see. :D

2023-11-06_15-51-10.png.73bea9138875db7afbf8b5879b0f74cf.png

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your excuses for the refs are pretty ridiculous. Carter lined up offsides on the last drive and it wasn’t called. He hit Dak in the head and wasn’t called right after that. It’s easy to look disciplined when you’re allowed to do whatever you want with no consequence. Sadly you have a narrative, it’s complete nonsense and you consistently display a bias towards any opponent or situation that allows you to pretend your ignorance makes you superior.
Bias? Excuses for the refs? I said in my post, “The refs weren’t great today”. The accepted penalty numbers from yesterday were:
  • Dallas 10/83 yards.
  • Filly 10/98 yards.
There were plenty of blown calls by the refs against both sides.
I’m not making excuses for the refs. Even more, I refuse to make excuses for the Cowboys and their continued undisciplined play. If you saw Filly’s Carter lined up offsides yesterday it should have been called. But geez the Cowboys lead the league in multiple games in lining up offsides. And it’s not just this year.

If I have a bias, it’s for winning. Teams that line up offsides and have loads of pre-snap penalties are not prepared to win. Especially against good teams.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Bias? Excuses for the refs? I said in my post, “The refs weren’t great today”. The accepted penalty numbers from yesterday were:
  • Dallas 10/83 yards.
  • Filly 10/98 yards.
There were plenty of blown calls by the refs against both sides.
I’m not making excuses for the refs. Even more, I refuse to make excuses for the Cowboys and their continued undisciplined play. If you saw Filly’s Carter lined up offsides yesterday it shou,d have been called. But geez the Cowboys lead the league in multiple games in lining up offsides. And it’s not just this year.

If I have a bias, it’s for winning. Teams that line up offsides and have loads of pre-snap penalties are not prepared to win. Especially against good teams.
Numbering the penalties as a rationale is the response of an unserious person. Expected of course because you’re not one. You’re just jaded and it’s caused you to have a personal bias. Context matters. Penalties on an extra point might not matter as much as others for future reference

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Numbering the penalties as a rationale is the response of an unserious person. Expected of course because you’re not one. You’re just jaded and it’s caused you to have a personal bias. Context matters. Penalties on an extra point might not matter as much as others for future reference
Dude, he is one of the most unbiased and well spoken members on here. His points are actually quite full of common sense. You conspiracy theorists need to think if the fix was in then why give us 56 yards of penalties with under a minute left. It's because there is no conspiracy. Are refs making mistakes? Yes. Are they making it where we lose? No. We shot ourselves in the foot on the 6 yard line with plenty of time.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dude, he is one of the most unbiased and well spoken members on here. His points are actually quite full of common sense. You conspiracy theorists need to think if the fix was in then why give us 56 yards of penalties with under a minute left. It's because there is no conspiracy. Are refs making mistakes? Yes. Are they making it where we lose? No. We shot ourselves in the foot on the 6 yard line with plenty of time.
I can see the appeal but his bias actually runs in one direction. I appreciate you taking the time to call names to defend your fellow retiree. He honestly buys into whatever simple narrative he finds and acts like the confused mishmashed repetition of it he provides is insightful or meaningful. It’s fine we all have different skills and gifts.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well ACF…we can agree to disagree man. And I try to be serious, lol.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well ACF…we can agree to disagree man. And I try to be serious, lol.
Did you realize that their penalties came on an XP? Do you think those are equivalent to other penalties? If so, why do you think that? If not, why are you commenting about something you either forgot or are were not informed about before talking?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I can see the appeal but his bias actually runs in one direction. I appreciate you taking the time to call names to defend your fellow retiree. He honestly buys into whatever simple narrative he finds and acts like the confused mishmashed repetition of it he provides is insightful or meaningful. It’s fine we all have different skills and gifts.
Thanks for basically ignoring the facts of what happened though. Good luck in the world you live in.

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
The refs "manage" games for various reasons, the even playing field is often just an illusion while they package up this entertainment for the masses.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
NFL officiating is the most inconsistent of all major sports. Yeah it’s inconsistent but we’re not a better team or a better org than Philly this century.

We are what we are and the bad officiating evens out. I’ve seen just as many non-calls when we play at home, calls that are obvious on the Cowboys that remain uncalled.
The officiating is horrifically bad. Evening out is a cop out. Why are people not more pissed about these part time clowns that miss calls 20 feet from them. Half of the officials are daydreaming on the dime. How they miss obvious and blatant calls is inscrutable if not for either gross incompetence or corruption. Egregious missed calls should be dealt with by termination. This is a billion dollar industry that affects big business, players careers, and millions of fans. To miss this many calls is just unacceptable. One or two a game maybe. But dozens a game missed and dozens a game called unfairly.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The picked up flag on the illegal Hans to the face was the most egregious of all. THE FLAG WAS THROWN FOR A REASON. Think about that for a second. The ref saw something that he thought was a penalty.

If you're calling illegal hands to the face you obviously saw a hand hit the guy in the helmet, and it was picked up? Why?