Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Respect to parsons. I was at the game. And he was givin it to the refs when he was held on that hurts scramble that wasnt called. Coaches of course didnt say squat
Parsons complains in every game that he was held. I think the refs learned to ignore him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But, if Cowboys fans blame the refs for a loss it allows them to believe the Cowboys are actually better than the team they just lost to. What fun would it be if fans were forced to accept a loss when it was really, really, really important to have won the game. That’s not fun, so, the refs represent the easiest way to rationalize continuing to be a fan. And let’s be honest, the fan bases of the other 31 teams do the same thing anytime the spirit moves them. Why should Cowboys fans be any different. Cowboys fans love their team, too. Don’t spoil the fun. The Cowboys are better than the Eagles, the officiating caused this loss.
And…did our fans not see the “gifts” we got from the refs in that last drive? Yes we got several bad or non-calls today. But so did the eagles. Some fans are capable of only seeing their team’s bad calls.
I want to know more about the illegal formation. It strikes me as odd the lineman didn’t report as eligible. It’s his one job running onto the field. His reaction after the flag was thrown made it look like the ref screwed up.
Did you not see how the coaches reacted when Edoga walked off the field? He had his hands up in the air like he didn’t get what he did and the coaches were barking at him for not remembering what to do. The coaches reaction said it all to me. He didn’t report as eligible. That’s Football 101. Except in Big D.

Mark

Reaction score
And…did our fans not see the “gifts” we got from the refs in that last drive? Yes we got several bad or non-calls today. But so did the eagles. Some fans are capable of only seeing their team’s bad calls.
Absolutely. Unfortunately (especially for the fans), it was another flag-fest. I think some of these officials like to get their mugs on TV as much as anyone else on the field).

Penalties:

DAL 10-83
PHI 10-98

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Every crew misses calls, gets things wrong etc. Micah has to sell the holds better, otherwise he breaks free too fast and they miss it.

Like some coaches do, hey ref my guy is being this and that and next thing you know the ref flags some guy and the camera pans at the coach who is now smiling.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like some coaches do, hey ref my guy is being this and that and next thing you know the ref flags some guy and the camera pans at the coach who is now smiling.
This happens before games. Meet with the refs and say hey, point out things to watch for. Players do it too. Not sure why Micah gets so few calls but we see the hold plain as day from our view.

foofighters

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
They called it both ways. You "blame it on the refs" guys need to calm down.

raven55

Reaction score
yell at the crowd and yell at the ref's it just don't matter it's all a big show

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
each team had ten penalties called against them....
They had to make up in the last Dallas drive like 3-4 , may be we don’t get to the 6 yard line without those.

It is not the number of penalties, but when they are called and how it affects the score

Aftershock

Reaction score
yell at the crowd and yell at the ref's it just don't matter it's all a big show
Yup - the NFL is just entertainment at the end of the day. If it was a real sport the officiating should be sanctioned by a state government similar to Boxing (although boxing does have its fair share of controversy as well) where referees are appointed by an independent source, not by the NFL themselves.

kevm3

Reaction score
So some obvious calls you HAD to make because they were obvious fouls on the last drive makes up for calls that take points off the board?

Someone show the phantom calls that were made on the last drive. Those were obvious calls you had to make. Then show the weak holding call on Schoon, the lack of calling PI on our receiver and then the Eagles hitting Schoon early. Show the non-call on the super obvious Parsons hold.

Even fans of the other teams saw the agenda

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
They had to make up in the last Dallas drive like 3-4 , may be we don’t get to the 6 yard line without those.

It is not the number of penalties, but when they are called and how it affects the score
Winners celebrate, losers whine.......stop whining...

aikemirv

Reaction score
1st and goal at the 6 with 27 seconds. No matter what happened, the loss in on the team not the refs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
Your conspiracy theory does not hold rickey water.
In the closing minute the refs took the Cowboys to the doorstep of a TD.
Or were those refs of the Cowboys posse?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Plowing! Funny. The first one he pushed his chest. Neither were personal fouls. But Tank hitting Jalens knee was one that wasn't called.
So obvious. Please don’t denigrate my precious Eagles err… I’m actually a Cowboys fan

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Man the blame the refs routine is so old.

The refs were not great today. Bad calls against both teams. But were the refs responsible for a DT clearly lining up offsides, a ST player yanking a facemask on a non-returnable kickoff, a tackle failing to report as an eligible receiver in an unbalanced formation, a critical delay of game, multiple false starts…?

At what point is it obvious that this team has a serious lack of discipline and attention to detail? How many weeks are we going to scream at the TV when it’s obvious a DL is clearly lined up offsides? If I can see it on my couch….OMG! And the lack of preparation and attention to detail when you put in a new formation and the player doesn’t seem to understand he has to report as an eligible receiver! It’s pathetic.

The NFL refs are what they are. They blow calls all the time. But the pre-snap penalties that dog this team every week are pathetic. They look like a middle school B team with their lack of focus and detail.
Your excuses for the refs are pretty ridiculous. Carter lined up offsides on the last drive and it wasn’t called. He hit Dak in the head and wasn’t called right after that. It’s easy to look disciplined when you’re allowed to do whatever you want with no consequence. Sadly you have a narrative, it’s complete nonsense and you consistently display a bias towards any opponent or situation that allows you to pretend your ignorance makes you superior.