Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
When I was younger I would blame officials. Now that I’m older I’m going with the Lamar Jackson t shirt which I have.

“Nobody Cares…Work Harder.”

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
Respect to parsons. I was at the game. And he was givin it to the refs when he was held on that hurts scramble that wasnt called. Coaches of course didnt say squat

IceBowler

Reaction score
Listen I usually don't blame the officials. But it's completely dumb how these guys can impact games so much.... There is 0 consistency in the game. First half was clean, second half flag happy.

Again why doesn't the Super Bowl ever get a ton of flags? the league will tell you its because its "an all star crew". Thats not true, they prob instruct the officials not to throw a flag unless it's obvious, because it ruins the flow of the game. Why can't every game be like that. Its ridiculous.

Or at least make everything reviewable at this point.
.. And during the review if there's an obvious penalty that wasn't called, enforce it then. The DPI on the Schoonmaker would have the boys up 1st & goal at the 1 yard line .. but NOOOOOOOO.

IceBowler

Reaction score
The refs didn’t cost us the game. We did that to ourselves fair and square, But the calls, and missed calls, were pretty egregious.
Disagree. The DPI called on Dallas when the ball was 7 yards out of bounds (thereby being uncatchable by rule), kept Philly's drive alive. Subsequently, the OPI no-call scored them a TD. Philly was "gifted" the pivotal 7 points that proved to be the difference.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
4x5qp8.jpg

mooseman

Reaction score
The Gilmore PI was trash. Other than that, the penalties evened out pretty much. Sometimes our players are rather dumb. Let's face facts.
The non call on the tackle before Schoonmaker caught the ball was THE BIGGEST blow. Nextvthe the terrible holding call that was not holding on him .. killed our drive and then took away a touchdown, no tackle, and its a t.d..

BigWillie

Reaction score
Haven’t seen a lot of talk about the spot on Hurts scramble on the first drive. Gave him an extra 2 yards, which set up the QB sneak on 4th down.

Philly a TD on that drive.

It’s on McCarthy as well for not challenging it. But egregious of the officials to miss the spot as badly as they did.

mooseman

Reaction score
If Dak's big foot didn't touch out of bounds, if Schoonmaker had run 2 feet deeper pass the goal line, we would be having a different conversation.
He was easily over the goaline, if he wasn't tackled..
He ran the route correctly. Any deeper and Dak has to hold it longer, and gives the d.b time to knock it down ,or pick it off ..

mooseman

Reaction score
Haven’t seen a lot of talk about the spot on Hurts scramble on the first drive. Gave him an extra 2 yards, which set up the QB sneak on 4th down.

Philly a TD on that drive.

It’s on McCarthy as well for not challenging it. But egregious of the officials to miss the spot as badly as they did.
Exactly where was the spotter in the booth ??
It was so easy to see ,the camera was right there on the sidelines..

mooseman

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing all the covering for the refs too with all of that 'da players jus need to play better' nonsense. You can't play better when the refs are wiping out your first downs, taking touchdowns off the board and giving the other team 1st downs.

Schoon gets hit early, magically the refs miss that. Our WR has hands all over him, magically the refs miss that. Parson gets held, the refs miss that. Ultra weak holding call on Schoon. Our player tugs a jersey, gets called. Their player tugs the jersey near the end of the game, no call. Hands to the face on the Eagles? Oh yea, lets pick that flag up.

This isn't simply the refs blowing a call or two. This is them thematically assisting a team to help them win. They helped march the eagles down the field for a TD.

It's so blatantly obvious but people keep wanting to act like it's not happening.
And the grab on C.D'S arms on the same drive that Schoon was called for a phantom hold..

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d buy into the ‘refs against the Cowboys’ thing much more if they weren’t atrocious in nearly every other NFL game I watch.

In fairness, it’s tough to ask old men to run with primo athletes and make split second decisions, but they can get it right by using technology, yet choose not to.

There’s a reason for that.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Disagree. The DPI called on Dallas when the ball was 7 yards out of bounds (thereby being uncatchable by rule), kept Philly's drive alive. Subsequently, the OPI no-call scored them a TD. Philly was "gifted" the pivotal 7 points that proved to be the difference.
Plus he had eyes on the ball

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man the blame the refs routine is so old.

The refs were not great today. Bad calls against both teams. But were the refs responsible for a DT clearly lining up offsides, a ST player yanking a facemask on a non-returnable kickoff, a tackle failing to report as an eligible receiver in an unbalanced formation, a critical delay of game, multiple false starts…?

At what point is it obvious that this team has a serious lack of discipline and attention to detail? How many weeks are we going to scream at the TV when it’s obvious a DL is clearly lined up offsides? If I can see it on my couch….OMG! And the lack of preparation and attention to detail when you put in a new formation and the player doesn’t seem to understand he has to report as an eligible receiver! It’s pathetic.

The NFL refs are what they are. They blow calls all the time. But the pre-snap penalties that dog this team every week are pathetic. They look like a middle school B team with their lack of focus and detail.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The refs were not great today. Bad calls against both teams. But were the refs responsible for a DT clearly lining up offsides, a ST player yanking a facemask on a non-returnable kickoff, a tackle failing to report as an eligible receiver in an unbalanced formation, a critical delay of game, multiple false starts…?

At what point is it obvious that this team has a serious lack of discipline and attention to detail? How many weeks are we going to scream at the TV when it’s obvious a DL is clearly lined up offsides? If I can see it on my couch….OMG! And the lack of preparation and attention to detail when you put in a new formation and the player doesn’t seem to understand he has to report as an eligible receiver! It’s pathetic.

The NFL refs are what they are. They blow calls all the time. But the pre-snap penalties that dog this team every week are pathetic. They look like a middle school B team with their lack of focus and detail.
So why give them a pass? Complain until they get it fixed, right?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful

Watch some other games, not just the Cowboys, you will see TONs of stuff that should be called get totally ignored. Last week I saw Deandre Hopkins literally grab a DB by the collar and toss him out of bounds before catching a TD.

Its like that league wide, the officiating we got today was actually fairly decent.

If all you watch is Cowboy games, I can see how somebody would think the fix is in.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

But, if Cowboys fans blame the refs for a loss it allows them to believe the Cowboys are actually better than the team they just lost to. What fun would it be if fans were forced to accept a loss when it was really, really, really important to have won the game. That’s not fun, so, the refs represent the easiest way to rationalize continuing to be a fan. And let’s be honest, the fan bases of the other 31 teams do the same thing anytime the spirit moves them. Why should Cowboys fans be any different. Cowboys fans love their team, too. Don’t spoil the fun. The Cowboys are better than the Eagles, the officiating caused this loss.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m not one to ever blame refs but Some bad calls did go against us. But, at the same time, you also can’t ignore the last drive. Those were obvious penalties but the refs called them and didn’t eat the whistle. I thought it looked like Dak might have came up short on the 4th down that Philly challenged. My heart sank a little when they threw the flag. I’m still not sure he actually had the first. I thought maybe the worst call was the Gilmore PI. Micah was held on the play everyone is talking about but that is happening on most plays like that. sometimes the other players block the view of the ref or he isn’t looking right there for that split second. A lot to look at and the game moves fast. Plus that ended up not hurting us IIRC.

I would phrase it more as Philly got all of the big breaks than I would say it was bad calls by the refs. if not for the automatic reviews the refs really would have had a **** game but unfortunately those two went against us As well. Game of inches has never been more accurate of an expression. I thought we were the better team yesterday and in their house. Just one little break and there would have been kicked dogs and broken TVs all over that crappy city.

Sydla

Reaction score

I want to know more about the illegal formation. It strikes me as odd the lineman didn’t report as eligible. It’s his one job running onto the field. His reaction after the flag was thrown made it look like the ref screwed up.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I was over at the Eagles boards, and they were pissed by the officials and felt they were trying to help us win the game. LOL
Of course, every fan thinks their team got screwed by the refs. It's a loser's mentality. You can find missed calls in every game. You can find ticky-tacky calls as well. In the end, we had a chance, assisted by penalties that the refs did call, to win the game. If the refs wanted us to lose yesterday, we wouldn't have had that chance to win...period.