Offseason Fun: You Can Trade Tony Romo

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You can trade Tony Romo for one player in the NFL, but it cannot be a quarterback. Who are you acquiring?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can trade Tony Romo for one player in the NFL, but it cannot be a quarterback. Who are you acquiring?

Give me any young pro bowl defensive player and throw their current QB as long as his salary isnt too high.

Craig

Reaction score
This team was bad only because demarco murray left, so him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The idea of trading Rome is not fun. Can't play this game with that objective. But I'll do this... If Jerry released his grip on the GM job, would you rather that job go to his son Stephen or Will McClay? What other changes would be made under either scenario?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
First off I wouldn't trade Romo for a Non- QB.

If I had too...

Probably Von Miller followed by JJ Watt ( I can't stand Watt though. Seems like a real tool bag.)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The idea of trading Rome is not fun. Can't play this game with that objective. But I'll do this... If Jerry released his grip on the GM job, would you rather that job go to his son Stephen or Will McClay? What other changes would be made under either scenario?

Actually, the better long term play is to trade Romo now if you can get multiple first round picks. But that is a pipe dream. And Im sure plenty of poster are going to cry about that idea. It doenst fit their "win now" agenda.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First off I wouldn't trade Romo for a Non- QB.

If I had too...

Probably Von Miller followed by JJ Watt ( I can't stand Watt though. Seems like a real tool bag.)

LOL.........tool bag? And what do you think of Dez Bryant then?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Actually, the better long term play is to trade Romo now if you can get multiple first round picks. But that is a pipe dream. And Im sure plenty of poster are going to cry about that idea. It doenst fit their "win now" agenda.

No, the idea of trading Romo gives me nausea. There's no way for me to have fun entertaining that idea.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo is far more valuable to Dallas than what they could get for a 36 year QB--franchise QB or not.

We would never get JJ Watt in a trade, in other words.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would trade Romo at his age for Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham, Jr.

I'd want a youthful impact on offense for the next QB.

JBS

Reaction score

You don't make any sense...it's not possible, just as you mentioned..so there's nothing to discuss

John813

Reaction score
Tough.

DLine? Donald or Watt
Linebacker? Kuechly
Cornerback? Peterson/Sherman
Safety? Thomas/Smith/Mathieu
WR? Brown/Beckham

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, the idea of trading Romo gives me nausea. There's no way for me to have fun entertaining that idea.

Just try to imagine that in 3 years, Romo will be either too injured, retired, or too old to be effective. So what are you going to do? Keep him until he is of no use or trade him and try and develop the new QB? Personally, I would explore both and see what I could possibly get for Romo.