Offseason Fun: You Can Trade Tony Romo

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get that you're "just sayin" but in my eyes JJ Watt is a tool bag. If you think Dez is one too then fine but I don't see it but I do see how some people wouldn't like Dez.I don't mind him though.

I also believe Watt is using HGH because he shows all of the signs of an hgh user but that is another story.

Watt the #1 defensive player in the NFL. Top 5 player in the NFL barring a few QB's. I could really care less if he might be a little dorky or whatever. He stays out of trouble and is a model citizen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not low at all...a qb under the franchise tag can be stolen for two Firsts..those are the best of the best in their prime...

A third is on the optimistic side...you aren't considering any of the negatives w romo..age..injury history..no upside...etc...teams don't just trade firsts for fun..this isn't the nba

Ok well will have to disagree on that one. But like you said, its probably a waste of time to talk about.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
you could trade tony for any other player other than a qb and you still only win four or five games how many games did watt help his team last year last time I checked they were blown out in the playoffs. if you don't have a top qb you don't win no matter who else you got.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just try to imagine that in 3 years, Romo will be either too injured, retired, or too old to be effective. So what are you going to do? Keep him until he is of no use or trade him and try and develop the new QB? Personally, I would explore both and see what I could possibly get for Romo.

I'm sorry but, can't do it. I want him on my team until he can't do it any more and then I retire him and put him in the ring of honor ASAP. He's just one of those guys that's a lifer in Cowboy blue and silver.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I like Romo, but no way any team would trade their first for a 36 year old qb whose injuries are starting to add up. I think the most we would get for him is a 2nd round pick

jwitten82

Reaction score
And realistically, no team would trade their top player for him unless that other player was considered a headache to their team. Someone like Josh Gordon is realistic, but other than that a 2nd rd pick is what we would hope for if we ever did trade him

cowboys2233

Reaction score
First off I wouldn't trade Romo for a Non- QB.

If I had too...

Probably Von Miller followed by JJ Watt ( I can't stand Watt though. Seems like a real tool bag.)

I think "meathead" is pretty fitting too. Seriously, if Rocky Balboa hit Watt in the face, it would sound like those sides of beef he used to train with, just a dull meaty thud. Give me Von Miller every day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think "meathead" is pretty fitting too. Seriously, if Rocky Balboa hit Watt in the face, it would sound like those sides of beef he used to train with, just a dull meaty thud. Give me Von Miller every day.

One of the worst things that can happen to these types of athletes is for them to get extensive camera time.

I liked Ronda Rousey... Then I saw her on ultimate fighter with MEisha Tate. Rousey is a D Bag.

Same with Watt.. Didn't mind him, saw him on hardknocks, now I can't stand his face.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
One of the worst things that can happen to these types of athletes is for them to get extensive camera time.

I liked Ronda Rousey... Then I saw her on ultimate fighter with MEisha Tate. Rousey is a D Bag.

Same with Watt.. Didn't mind him, saw him on hardknocks, now I can't stand his face.

We are on the same wavelength. I bought into Rousey big time. Thought she was a great role model for women and even considered buying her book for my niece. Now? Total white trash, hypocritical headcase.

Didn't see Watt on Hard Knocks, but I've seen enough bits and pieces to know what a total zero this guy is.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This answer won't surprise anyone that remembers how much I wanted Dallas to draft him in 2014:

Aaron Donald

He was PFF's #1 rated defensive player last year (above Watt and Miller) in his second season. He's just 24 years old and will get even better.

He plays a position that is vital in Marinelli's system (why I wanted to draft him so bad and why I said move up a few spots to get him). He is absolutely the best interior pass rusher in the NFL and will likely be one of the best of all time.

20 sacks in his first two years playing in the NFL... a DT! He also is no slouch against the run either. A complete player.

Khalil Mack is another good answer CherBoyWade.

rynochop

Reaction score
Watt the #1 defensive player in the NFL. Top 5 player in the NFL barring a few QB's. I could really care less if he might be a little dorky or whatever. He stays out of trouble and is a model citizen.

Hes also hinted about retiring early. So no thanks in this asinine trade scenario, but hey, it's the middle of June

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can trade Tony Romo for one player in the NFL, but it cannot be a quarterback. Who are you acquiring?

JJ Watt. 2nd place isn't close.

The most dominating non-QB player in the league. DPOY in 3 of last 4 years??? That is straight up SICK!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can trade Tony Romo for one player in the NFL, but it cannot be a quarterback. Who are you acquiring?

A young cornerstone defensive player. At his age Romos value isnt high enough that he could get net a All Pro on a rookie deal like an Ansu or a Donald. So I would look at young 2nd contract types who are game changers and can be built around. My two would be Marcel Dareus or Muhammad Wilkerson

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I'd have to go with Odell Beckham...

He'd be the perfect compliment to Dez, or the other way around, depending on who you think is better. (I'd rather have Beckham than Dez)

Although he's been held in check when he's played against us recently, he wouldn't be across from our corners twice a year...and that certainly isn't a bad thing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

In my best Vince Lombardi voice, "there'll be no trading of Tony Romo you see... Cause we ain't having any of it.... He's gonna retire a cowboy you see.... And.. And... I tell you what... He's gonna win the Cowboys a super bowl... So there..... No trade.... No trade.... Johnny Fontaine never gets that part.... It's perfect for him...."

And dats dat!