Ogbah traded to Chiefs

cowboyec

Reaction score
who cares...he's got short arms and small hands...good luck to 'ya.
:starspin:'MERICA'S TEAM :starspin:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So we could have shipped Heath to Cleveland for Ogbah.

I think they would have had to give us a draft pick, too. Probably why no deal was done. The Browns didn't want to give up their first-round pick.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He's kind of a bust. Great measureables but mediocre production. 5.5/4/3 sacks in each year. He actually got less productive with a beast in Myles Garrett across from him. Also became expendable when they traded for Olivier Vernon. He's basically our Taco Charlton. Robert Quinn is a much better DE even with the drop off in production over the past few years.
Except Ogbah will be a 4 year veteran and Taco starting his 2nd year. Other than that exactly the same.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
On a different note, should we have been offering Charlton for S Eric Murray?

I don't know much about Murray, but I do know that safety is still a weakness for us while we traded for a DE expected to take at least some of Taco's snaps.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Ogbah had 5 sacks as a rookie, four in 2017, and three last season.

I'm no football scout, but I do detect a trend.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except Ogbah will be a 4 year veteran and Taco starting his 2nd year. Other than that exactly the same.

What kind of "funny math" is this?

Ogbah was drafted in 2016 and Charlton was drafted in 2017. One year difference.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Damn it man, we needed that guy to help fill in for DLaw when we can't reach a deal with him.

X550i

Reaction score
He's kind of a bust. Great measureables but mediocre production. 5.5/4/3 sacks in each year. He actually got less productive with a beast in Myles Garrett across from him. Also became expendable when they traded for Olivier Vernon. He's basically our Taco Charlton. Robert Quinn is a much better DE even with the drop off in production over the past few years.

Yeap, bust. Best is behind him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's like saying we need Chaz Green to fill in for Tyron Smith.
No I'm not saying he's the same as DLaw, there are no DEs available in DLaw's tier of talent. But he was about the best that was still out there. Now who we got to fill in for Tank?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I'm not saying he's the same as DLaw, there are no DEs available in DLaw's tier of talent. But he was about the best that was still out there. Now who we got to fill in for Tank?

As far as rushing the passer goes we have several guys that could get the 3-5 sacks that Ogbah gets. None of them, or Ogbah, would come anything close to filling Tank's shoes though.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm still not sure what some Cowboy fans are seeing in Ogbah that would be important to trade for. 3-5 sacks a year? We can get that out of players we already have. As unimpressive as Taco has been, he would likely do that much if he was an every game starter like Ogbah.

Totally agree, pretty sure if Taco had played a full season he would’ve had more than 5.5 sacks, which is the most Ogbah has had in a season. Taco still has room to improve and more natural ability than Ogbah. Ogbah is thoroughly underwhelming. Not sure why anyone was drooling over Ogbah. Quinn >>>>>>>>> Ogbah and I think we now have 3-4 DEs on our roster better than Ogbah even without DLaw.