Ogbah traded to Chiefs

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you saying historical production is meaningless? That's it's reasonable to simply expect a guy who has year produced within a certain range year after year to dramatically increase his production even though his playing time would remain about the same?

Great! If it works that way then we can expect 10 sacks from Tyrone Crawford next year, and we don't need Ogbah anyway.
I didn't say anything about historical production. I just made the point that coaching can get more out of players than they usually give.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

1st page, 5th comment down.

Would be nice to read before making a dumb comment.

Care to point out where in that post someone said they'd prefer Ogbah over Quinn? I must be blind.

Can anyone else help me out here? Where is it? Is it in code? Can someone spare a decoder ring?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Care to point out where in that post someone said they'd prefer Ogbah over Quinn? I must be blind.

Can anyone else help me out here? Where is it? Is it in code? Can someone spare a decoder ring?
Thread was created after Quinn trade. Why make such comment if not interested, plus the many likes to such comment?

kskboys

Reaction score
Murray is a nice STer, but would've prolly been a numbers cut.

Ogbah is highly talented, so KC's taking shot to see if they can get him motivated or in the right scheme or whatever.

CLEV plays a 4-3, and KC plays a 3-4, so maybe he'll be better there where he doesn't need to get sacks to succeed as a 3-4 DE.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say anything about historical production. I just made the point that coaching can get more out of players than they usually give.

I said Ogbah has traditionally had 3-5 sacks a year, and your response was "Oh, so it's about tradition now?". What did you think I was talking about, the Ogbah family traditions at Christmas? I was talking about his production history.

Yes, sometimes coaches can get more out of players, and sometimes they can't. It's really just a blind assumption that the Dallas coaches could get more. And even if they could get more, how much more would it be, and would that be enough to justify trading away something of value for?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I said Ogbah has traditionally had 3-5 sacks a year, and your response was "Oh, so it's about tradition now?". What did you think I was talking about, the Ogbah family traditions at Christmas? I was talking about his production history.

Yes, sometimes coaches can get more out of players, and sometimes they can't. It's really just a blind assumption that the Dallas coaches could get more. And even if they could get more, how much more would it be, and would that be enough to justify trading away something of value for?
Questions that need not answering because they are pointless. Ogbah signed with KC. And all we have is our traditional 3-5 sacks from those guys you think are just as good.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Thread was created after Quinn trade. Why make such comment if not interested, plus the many likes to such comment?

Uh...maybe because Quinn isn't a magical elixer that just solves everything? Maybe because having both Quinn and Ogbah is attractive to some? Do you actually think these things through before posting?

And likes? Are you 5?

And back to what I said...."I'll take random things that nobody said for $500, Alex."

Facts can be difficult, but they're not that hard. C'mon man.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Questions that need not answering because they are pointless. Ogbah signed with KC. And all we have is our traditional 3-5 sacks from those guys you think are just as good.

I don't know if they are just as good or not, I'm just saying there is no statistical evidence to support the idea that Ogbah is better, and in the absence of that I don't see how fans can claim Ogbah would have made any difference in Dallas. 3-5 sacks is 3-5 sacks, so what difference does it make who it comes from?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know if they are just as good or not, I'm just saying there is no statistical evidence to support the idea that Ogbah is better, and in the absence of that I don't see how fans can claim Ogbah would have made any difference in Dallas. 3-5 sacks is 3-5 sacks, so what difference does it make who it comes from?
We all have our opinions. Yours are well noted here. I do not share your opinion about Ogbah but as I've said before it doesn't matter anymore because he signed with KC. Let's hope our DEs have a good season because unless a serviceable and well paid DLaw returns, I don't see our defense taking us anywhere. I appreciate the conversation.