CFZ Oh Boy hit the panic button

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The protectionist playcalling was the most alarming thing I’ve ever witnessed from a Dallas cowboy offensive coordinator.

Down two scores, McCarthy ran the football five times inside the red zone, and then had dak throw it and get intercepted.

That pick is on McCarthy. He forced the situation on Prescott by trying to hide him.

- D Bland isn’t that good nor is Gilmore.

- Dan Quinn worst game as a Cowboy.

- Cowboys outmuscled - out hit - Alarm bells .

- We miss Schultz big-time - all three ends are slow to get open.
- we have no deep threat. We have no quick score ability, except for Turpin.
- We miss Trevon Diggs more than anybody ever expected. I think we miss him on the sideline that was a leader.
- Amari Cooper. Why did we ever trade him? He had a massive day today and you know what he wasn’t wrong about Prescott .

Winners : Kellen Moore - the Eagles - Gallup - TJ Bass And the Center

Losers - McCarthy- Schottenheimer - Dan Quinn - Dan Quinn hasn’t been this unprepared since he blew the Super Bowl.

Outlook - shady with a side of Belichick
I don't know what was wrong with the defense today. showed no discipline. Diggs couldn't have helped in the run game. they had wide open lanes all day. and not sure what diggs could have done on that 50+ yard pass play in the 4th to a wide open WR.

but on offense, missing Smith, Biadasaz and Martin. two UDFA starting at center and RG. one of them a Rookie. Not sure why we didn't put Asim Richards at LT, as Edoga sucked.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dallas had the ball for 9 more minutes than Arizona and scored 16 points.
redzone offense sucked. that was the difference.

also, they made a lot of long plays, 6 plays of 20+ yards. rushed the ball for 200+.

they really didn't respect the run game and were dropping back into coverage making sure they don't give up big down field plays. inside the redzone they were dropping 6 or 7 into coverage.

I think if we had Martin, Smith and Biadasaz, we probably run it in a couple of times

XXLMike

Reaction score
Most of the board thinks that you are a Giants troll. The whole "I don't feel good about this week" spiel you do before every game doesn't help your case.
Bro - put me on ignore softy -you won’t because you love to read me - softy.

XXLMike

Reaction score
redzone offense sucked. that was the difference.

also, they made a lot of long plays, 6 plays of 20+ yards. rushed the ball for 200+.

they really didn't respect the run game and were dropping back into coverage making sure they don't give up big down field plays. inside the redzone they were dropping 6 or 7 into coverage.

I think if we had Martin, Smith and Biadasaz, we probably run it in a couple of times
Missing Schultz big time

XXLMike

Reaction score
I don't know what was wrong with the defense today. showed no discipline. Diggs couldn't have helped in the run game. they had wide open lanes all day. and not sure what diggs could have done on that 50+ yard pass play in the 4th to a wide open WR.

but on offense, missing Smith, Biadasaz and Martin. two UDFA starting at center and RG. one of them a Rookie. Not sure why we didn't put Asim Richards at LT, as Edoga sucked.
I heard a guy say pre season I would run 30 times a game at Dallas.

DStar22

Reaction score

superior 1v1 DB play can allow them to stack the box against runs.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The protectionist playcalling was the most alarming thing I’ve ever witnessed from a Dallas cowboy offensive coordinator.

Down two scores, McCarthy ran the football five times inside the red zone, and then had dak throw it and get intercepted.

That pick is on McCarthy. He forced the situation on Prescott by trying to hide him.

- D Bland isn’t that good nor is Gilmore.

- Dan Quinn worst game as a Cowboy.

- Cowboys outmuscled - out hit - Alarm bells .

- We miss Schultz big-time - all three ends are slow to get open.
- we have no deep threat. We have no quick score ability, except for Turpin.
- We miss Trevon Diggs more than anybody ever expected. I think we miss him on the sideline that was a leader.
- Amari Cooper. Why did we ever trade him? He had a massive day today and you know what he wasn’t wrong about Prescott .

Winners : Kellen Moore - the Eagles - Gallup - TJ Bass And the Center

Losers - McCarthy- Schottenheimer - Dan Quinn - Dan Quinn hasn’t been this unprepared since he blew the Super Bowl.

Outlook - shady with a side of Belichick
The Cowboys are the Colorado Buffaloes of the NFL.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This was a bizzare game. I actually thought the offense between the 20s was good. In the red zone it was obviously atrocious.

I also thought Dak played a good enough game to win for the most part. When you watched those replays in the red zone all of the receivers were just absolutely smothered.
Then it's his responsibility to run the ball if it's there himself the ball must go in the end zone field goals are a road to nowhere

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It is pretty hard to throw deep when you have three new -- two very green -- starters on the OL. Pay attention. The play calling reflected what they know about their replacement OL. They are good in run blocking but not so much in pass blocking.
This is accurate. Unfortunately alarmism will get more attention than a measured, nuanced analysis.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would agree with you, but I don’t think that was ever given the chance to do it McCarthy is afraid to let him go.
I'm pretty sure every time Dak yelled "Kill, kill", he was switching to a run play by himself.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Team is 2-1 and you panicking? People are right our fanbase is dillusional

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Team is 2-1 and you panicking? People are right our fanbase is dillusional
Look who posted this thread. I see this as a Giant's fan's trolling thread on a Cowboy's forum. I mean three "I don't feel good about this game threads" in a row and then this one right after the first game we lose? This thread was preplanned and would've shown up after our first loss.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many overreacted after the first 2 games and many are overreacting now. Truth is, we’ll fall somewhere in between in the end.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The team came out flat, Dak needed to carry the team today and he couldn't do it. Nothing new.
Carry the team with 3 pro bowlers out on the line and 13 penalties? Bwaaaa!!

dumbest fan base on the planet. Lol