Oh, Micah Micah Micah

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When you watch parson play you have to ask yourself how was this guy not the first overall pick in the draft. I think we have started to see why. Physically there is nothing he can not do. Mentally and leadership wise he will tear everything apart. An interesting tid bit I have come across that seem quite accurate now:

"Penn State fan here. He had a rep for a bad attitude and as a me first guy, even dating back to high school. And he sat the COVID year. He's also a see ball, get ball kind of player. Which traditionally hasn't worked in the NFL and required adaptation. But his athleticism is generational. And the attention he gets as a Cowboy seems to satiate his ego."

blueblood70

Reaction score
"what kind of pass rush did we have vs gb with micah" is a simplistic view point. it will be much, much worse without him.

just for reference though, myles garrett and tj watt have only played in 3 playoff games in their careers. both have 1 sack in those 3 games.
And while I believe this is true because I'm not going to look it up,

it's because teams go out of their way to add extra resources to stop these guys their pressures are just about as important as sax and I think that that's what fans forget they are affecting the game we watch the games Micah Parsons does get pressure just like DeMarcus Ware used to be accused of the same thing but people don't remember they said he disappeared in big moments but I think people forget that they're being doubled and chipped and sometimes tripled it's up to the other players to take advantage of that or how about this the coaches you know the coaching scheme to make sure they understand how to create production off the fact that they're going to take away your best guy....

I look at it like that too with the rest of the team sometimes when you don't have a good run game and you don't have good run production it it looks like you have a bad run game but if you have a great run game and they have to put eight men in the box to stop it then your pass game should be lighting it up that's up to the offensive coordinator take advantage of that but there is a difference of having no run game versus your run game being shut down because they put all the resources to do so it's the same way with your pass rusher if he's that good they were they're forced to hold him double him and sometimes triple him then the rest of the team should be taking advantage of that and I don't think Dan Quinn's defense is we're doing that on a consistent basis...​
As long as Micah Parsons is getting a lot of pressure and they're using a lot of resources to stop him he's being just as effective as getting sacks...​

blueblood70

Reaction score
they were certainly some wild times.

we won a lot so a lot was forgiven. Just the way of works.
They would have never survived the social media and regular media and TMZ type 24/7 365 days being followed around for a story you know where everyone's got a phone and taking pictures and videos I don't think people realize that Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson did not have control of their stars it just appeared that way now everything it's caught on tape somehow it's either videoed or there's a picture or TMZ was already there and it's too late you isn't covering that up...

The way the media used to work is they could be paid off if there was a story that had not been released or edited it could be bought for the right price or it could be sidelined or delayed or whatever nowadays it's instantaneous things are on Twitter Snapchat i mean it's being released in real time there is no getting it back..

Superstars are never cut they're not disciplined in the same way as your low hanging fruit and anybody who thinks that really is delusional on how it works in sports,

especially in the NFL,

this isn't high school and this isn't college where you have 90 players to choose from where there might be a better one on the bench you can discipline somebody by sitting them down for games or excessive penalties of whatnot but nowadays no head coach owner or GM is going to sit their superstar for small infractions or rumors or anything like that these guys are important to winning and they're going to get on the field...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the Micah gets shut down in big games issue is very much in line with the Dez gets shut down in big games issue. These guys are incredible when you line them up against average competition and say go dominate. When you line them up against tough competition who have prepared a game plan to stop them and say go dominate it no longer works. So you try to come up with some schemes to counter the opposition but all week during film session your two best players are asleep at the desk. You get to the game and they know nothing so all you can do is say go dominate. Imagine getting mad at the coaches for not teaching Dez how to run more routes. As if they didn't try. The onus is was on Dez to be a pro and get the job done. Now the onus is on Parsons. Will he deliver? Starting to have doubts.