OK. Another Mcfadden thread regarding Barber

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Rack;2038061 said:
Very nicely put.

We're solid at WR so we don't "Need" a WR out of this draft (not to mention this is a sorry year for drafting WRs).

If we get pacman *gag* we'll be solid at CB (assuming he stays out of the many millions of strip clubs in Dallas) so we won't NEED to draft a CB early.

We have people complaining about Marcus Spears and Bobby Carpenter.... well guess what we're gonna get with the #22 and #28 picks? That's right, another Marcs Spears and Bobby Carpenter. Would anyone be against trading Spears and Carp RIGHT NOW for, say, Ladanian Tomlinson? Of course we'd have to trade a little more than that for DMAC (and I do mean A LITTLE), but you get the point.

That said, I'm not one of the people complaining about Carp. The dude can't be expected to compete for a starting job when you keep changing his position every year and teach him a new defense his first two years in the process. Seriously, be realistic people.

When I think of trading up, its not only for DMac, I could see a mild trade up for McKelvin or Mendenhall. I just think this team is in the position to go after quality over quanitity at this point.

Now if we can't move up, then moving down becomes an option cause I really don't like our current spots as I believe most players that could be there will be second round talents, unless someone falls unexpectedly.