Ok I've been gone a while, what have I missed?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;1440197 said:
I can agree with that. I'll throw 'The Unit' in that category too.
I like that show too. Haven't watched it in awhile, but it was always good whenever I saw it. I like shows with deep, grimy concepts.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1440135 said:
The Honeymooners
Mash
Seinfeld
I Love Lucy
All in the Family
Married with Children
Cheers

I think all of those were easily better than Roseanne or Friends...but that is just me.:cool:

MY top 5 would be

1- Cosby Show

2-Fresh Prince of Bel Air

3- Three's Company

4- Martin

5- Honeymooners, Taxi, Cheers

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1440200 said:
I like that show too. Haven't watched it in awhile, but it was always good whenever I saw it. I like shows with deep, grimy concepts.
As a Shield fan, how did you like Michael Chiklis' role in Fantastic Four? It's not the same kind of dramatic role which made him famous, but it does provide more publicity for FX and his series. Rise of the Silver Surfer this summer will help make him an even bigger household name, imo.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
thewireman;1439990 said:
I haven't been on this bored since the last game of the boys. So what have I missed? What trades have the boys taken? Any surprise hires? I just need the low down on whats been going on. I do know the boys Hired wade:D

Since you are "The Wire" man...

Avon Barksdale got busted and is in jail. Stringer Bell got killed by Omar and that Muslim from New York. Marlo became the new king pen. His posse hit up several of Barksdale's corners and took control of nearly all of Baltimore. His posse also killed several other dealers and stored the bodies in an empty abandoned house and put wood planks over the windows. One of Bodie's friends got killed by Marlo's boys and got stashed in the abandoned house. Marlo turned his attention to the young up-and-comers to train them in the art of selling drugs. Marlo's hitmen robbed a corner store and tried to frame Omar because Omar hit up Marlo for a stash. Omar and his new "friend" then stalked Marlo and made a deal with Prop Joe to hit up Marlo's main delivery. Omar setup a plan to rob them at one of the deliveries. Omar cashed in and got out of town. Bodie, still upset about what happened to his friend, decided to go head to head with Marlo's posse and ended up getting killed. The original Wire unit returned to take down Marlos crew after the dead bodies were discovered by Griggs.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;1440205 said:
As a Shield fan, how did you like Michael Chiklis' role in Fantastic Four? It's not the same kind of dramatic role which made him famous, but it does provide more publicity for FX and his series. Rise of the Silver Surfer this summer will help make him an even bigger household name, imo.
Never saw Fantastic Four. Didn't even know he was in it. :eek::

I remembered him from The Commish...and then when The Shield came out, I watched it to see him in the new role. Totally opposite from the Commish, but I like him in this role.

Been watching re-runs on WB or CWB (whatever the network is called now) to catch up. The show is wild...and I missed most of last season, so I'm really behind. Didn't even know whats-his-face was killed.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
And around and around we go LOL

The Shield is a good show. I dont watch regularly(not any show really) but the ones I have seen were really good.

I was hot for CSI: Miami for a while.... prob had to do with Sophia Milos

Currently: I saw this show the other day "6 Degrees" - pretty darn good.... also caught 1st episode of "The Riches"..... different... AND... interesting....

Ok what was this thread about LOL

Oh yeah.... Colombo held out..... nah not really

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1440212 said:

I remembered him from The Commish...and then when The Shield came out, I watched it to see him in the new role. Totally opposite from the Commish, but I like him in this role.

Been watching re-runs on WB or CWB (whatever the network is called now) to catch up. The show is wild...and I missed most of last season, so I'm really behind.
Shame on you! :p: He played the role of The Thing (which was to non-comic fans the Rock Guy). I think that The Commish really sold him to the producers of The Shield. It's 'The CW', btw.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1440212 said:

Been watching re-runs on WB or CWB (whatever the network is called now) to catch up. The show is wild...and I missed most of last season, so I'm really behind. Didn't even know whats-his-face was killed.

I think it went like this

WPIX (whats your opinion... we'd like to know?)
WB11
CW11

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;1440221 said:
Shame on you! :p: He played the role of The Thing (which was to non-comic fans the Rock Guy). I think that The Commish really sold him to the producers of The Shield. It's 'The CW', btw.
Fantastic Four was never something I was interested in. And the previews didn't exactly get me excited about going to see it. But, I'm sure he did well.

CW, huh? I'd have figured it out eventually. :p:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1440124 said:
Only the 2nd greatest sitcom of all time -- next to Roseanne.

you mean only the 3rd greatest sitcom, following Roseanne at #2

because Seinfeld is the greatest ever

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;1440221 said:

Fantastic 4

forgettable movie

superpunk

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1440319 said:
you mean only the 3rd greatest sitcom, following Roseanne at #2

because Seinfeld is the greatest ever

Agreed.

There has never been another sitcom that has been as relevant and influential to society as Seinfeld. I mean, when you popularize words to describe unusual people or events, and it makes it's way into common dialect, you know you're the best.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1440326 said:
Agreed.

There has never been another sitcom that has been as relevant and influential to society as Seinfeld. I mean, when you popularize words to describe unusual people or events, and it makes it's way into common dialect, you know you're the best.

that show is just hilarious, how they were able to incorporate a show about nothing, into something was genious, I mean all the pieces fit