Ok I've been gone a while, what have I missed?

superpunk

Reaction score
DallasEast;1440422 said:
Haven't seen the show yet, but is it the greatest current show in your opinion? Or the greatest comedy show?

Both. I would say 24, but The Office tops 24 in terms of GOTTA-SEE that-ability.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1440419 said:
I think it's because of the childish humor, thespian...lesbian

and he was born in '58 :rolleyes:

well, except that i fully admit i'm a lesbian. aren't most guys???

out of all the official thesbians i knew in high school, my school and others we went to tournaments with - i only knew a few "stereotypical" ones and they were pretty damn cool just the same.

i'll be glad when they've finally pushed the line too far and they're shown the door. till then, i'll do what i can do keep from "feeding" them.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
DallasEast;1440417 said:
Even the soup **** didn't spark any interest from me.WKRP was a classic. Loni Anderson... (oh mama!)

they're hitting the ground like bags of wet cement!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1440430 said:
they're hitting the ground like bags of wet cement!!!
But, back in the day, Jerry. Back in the day... :D

Burt Reynolds was a lucky S O B.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The Office is the best contemporary sitcom. Car 54 and The Bob Newhart Show are seriously underrated.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bbgun;1440436 said:
The Office is the best contemporary sitcom. Car 54 and The Bob Newhart Show are seriously underrated.

well between you and superpunk, i may have to check it out. cheers then fraisier were the last ones i really gave credit to. frasier to me was underrated.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1440426 said:
Both. I would say 24, but The Office tops 24 in terms of GOTTA-SEE that-ability.
Okay. I'm going to watch The Office on just your say so and get back with ya. Somehow, I doubt that The Office will pull off that trick for me. IMO, every 10-15 minute segment of each 24 episode is better than most 60 minute shows.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
superpunk;1440426 said:

The hottest show at the moment is Little Britain.

Must see TV. :)

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
bbgun;1440436 said:

Which version....the original?

Ricky Gervais is a comic genius. :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1440438 said:
well between you and superpunk, i may have to check it out. cheers then fraisier were the last ones i really gave credit to. frasier to me was underrated.

You're Schruting your free-time if you don't watch The Office, but *major* props for putting WKRP on your list.

"It's horrible. They're falling like bags of wet cement."
"As God as my witness, I thought that turkeys could fly."

Good stuff. News Radio gets an honorable mention from me.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Idgit;1440461 said:
You're Schruting your free-time if you don't watch The Office, but *major* props for putting WKRP on your list.

"It's horrible. They're falling like bags of wet cement."​
"As God as my witness, I thought that turkeys could fly."​
Good stuff. News Radio gets an honorable mention from me.

newsradio was so damn funny till the actor who's name escapes me passed away (ie, killed). he made that show. then again, it was just very well cast.

the "godless tornado's" had me in stitches from wkrp also. i've actually got (2) black death malt liquor t-shirts i wear to local radio events just to see if anyone catches it.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
DallasEast;1440463 said:
I tried the link and clicked on 'Show Listings' at the site, but it didn't list anything...

The site isnt finished....

.....looks as if this thread has gone off topic. :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1440443 said:
The hottest show at the moment is Little Britain.

Must see TV. :)

Great sketch show, esp Lou and Andy, Computer Says No, Fat Fighters, the Victorian tranny, etc.

superpunk

Reaction score
Idgit;1440461 said:

I don't know.

Who knows how words get their origins.

Seriously, after the episode with Andy's phone, my retort to any subjective phrase someone used in the office (ie "maybe _____is the problem") was "MAYBE YOU'RE IN THE CEILING!"

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1440451 said:
Which version....the original?

Ricky Gervais is a comic genius. :)

American adaptation. UK version was too dark, cringe-inducing for me. Gervais was stellar, however.