Ok I've been gone a while, what have I missed?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1440466 said:
newsradio was so damn funny till the actor who's name escapes me passed away (ie, killed). he made that show. then again, it was just very well cast.

the "godless tornado's" had me in stitches from wkrp also. i've actually got (2) black death malt liquor t-shirts i wear to local radio events just to see if anyone catches it.

Herb Tarlek in '08. You couldn't beat his fashion sense.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
bbgun;1440470 said:
Great sketch show, esp Lou and Andy, Computer Says No, Fat Fighters, the Victorian tranny, etc.

Isnt it cool. Daffyd Thomas! :laugh2:

Kenny Craig.

Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don't look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... You're under. You're a Commanders fan. 1-2-3...you're back in the room.

:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
bbgun;1440472 said:
American adaptation. UK version was too dark, cringe-inducing for me. Gervais was stellar, however.

I just got annoyed because I can't understand what the heck they're saying.

Bringing a giant inflatable c___ into the show never would have flown here, though.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;1440463 said:
I tried the link and clicked on 'Show Listings' at the site, but it didn't list anything...

I got tons of show listings, but, trying to play them did not work. I tried a show from Desperate Houswives and nada...so I must be doing something wrong, or don't have some kind of needed software installed...

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
bbgun;1440472 said:
American adaptation. UK version was too dark, cringe-inducing for me. Gervais was stellar, however.

Not seen the US Version. Not sure its on a station ova here.

I just think Gervais is hysterical. Keep an eye out for his live show "Animals."

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1440479 said:
Isnt it cool. Daffyd Thomas! :laugh2:

Kenny Craig.

Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don't look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... You're under. You're a Commanders fan. 1-2-3...you're back in the room.

:laugh2:

Yeah, Craig is my favorite "minor" character. Well, him and the befuddled book store owner who has to put up with David Walliams' crazy requests.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
bbgun;1440491 said:
Yeah, Craig is my favorite "minor" character. Well, him and the befuddled book store owner who has to put up with David Walliams' crazy requests.

Have you seen Bubbles at the health farm? :lmao2:

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
bbgun;1440497 said:
Now that's gross. You can get away with a lot more in the UK.

Did you see the episode with the wig?....and where it ended up? :laugh2:

I guess so....there's always someone on UK TV trying to push the boundaries.

There's been much worse and tasteless stuff shown.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1440466 said:
newsradio was so damn funny till the actor who's name escapes me passed away (ie, killed). he made that show. then again, it was just very well cast.
That would be Phil Hartman.

What sucks is that I was just getting into the show when he was killed. So now I just try to catch all the old re-runs.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
You know it's really sad when one of the hottest topics on this board is really about the top sitcoms. The draft can't get here soon enough!
:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Shot by his own wife while he slept.

I think I remember hearing that it was the gun that he had bought for her. Dayum!

Dude was funny...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1440466 said:
...i've actually got (2) black death malt liquor t-shirts i wear to local radio events just to see if anyone catches it.

!!! *Very* cool.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
YoMick;1440511 said:
Shot by his own wife while he slept.

I think I remember hearing that it was the gun that he had bought for her. Dayum!

Dude was funny...

Yeah, I found it. She then went to a friends house, told him what she did, they went back, found him dead, and while the police were investigating the scene, she killed herself with the same gun right on the same bed that she shot him on...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;1440439 said:
Okay. I'm going to watch The Office on just your say so and get back with ya. Somehow, I doubt that The Office will pull off that trick for me. IMO, every 10-15 minute segment of each 24 episode is better than most 60 minute shows.
Ooooooookay. I've officially watched an episode of The Office.

24 is SO much better than that show...

...quite frankly, it's scary. I did giggle once during the past half-hour. There was this FedEx commercial with a guy guzzling a pot of hot coffee. That was kind of funny.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasEast;1440661 said:

...quite frankly, it's scary. I did giggle once during the past half-hour. There was this FedEx commercial with a guy guzzling a pot of hot coffee. That was kind of funny.

Whats funny is............. Old Danny Boy has the Commanders flying real high on the FedEx deal for his team. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DallasEast;1440661 said:

First time watchers of The Office almost never like it...