Ok, what's the damage?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Did anyone else destroy anything during or after this game?

I finally let it all out when we allowed a 9th string Rookie POS TE beat us for 20+ yards on 3rd and 9 at the end of the game.

- I slammed my fist on the coffee table causing a glass of soda to pop up in the air and land... everywhere.

- Then I picked up my DVD remote and cellphone and slammed them on the coffee table.

- Then I took my cup of water and slinged it at the fridge.

- Finally I got up an punched a hole in a closet door.

All of that happened right after we allowed that POS 11th string rookie POS TE beat us for a first down at the end of the game.

Did anyone else do any damage?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I chuckled, that was about it. I had used up all my rage through the first 3 quarters of the game, since the offense played like garbage all day.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, was cursing like a sailor. At one point she got up and put the dog in his crate, claiming he was bad luck.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Nah, i just went into a state of depression, did the whole denial thing. THen did the i don't care anymore, they suck, thing. And then, spent the night talking to my person of intrest

now i'm just waiting on saturday, so i can be happy again.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i wasn't that mad about it since we clinched a bye with the seattle loss. now if we lose next week, something's gonna break

CalCBFan

Reaction score
No, I usually just subject my elderly (93) fathere to a string of unbelievably profane, f-bomb laced outbursts. But yesterday I knew the Cowboys were going to lose about half way through the 1st Q. Andy Reid is the best coach in the NFL behind Belichick, and Jim johnson knows more about Defense than Wade does I'm afraid. Guys like this have a way of taking away your last second miracles. And unless we get a better 2ndary before Kolb gets his "game legs" Andy is right: They will be taking the crown back from us...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I was so disgusted by the end of the game i just walked to my carshaking my head.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1840940 said:
No, I usually just subject my elderly (93) fathere to a string of unbelievably profane, f-bomb laced outbursts. But yesterday I knew the Cowboys were going to lose about half way through the 1st Q. Andy Reid is the best coach in the NFL behind Belichick, and Jim johnson knows more about Defense than Wade does I'm afraid. Guys like this have a way of taking away your last second miracles. And unless we get a better 2ndary before Kolb gets his "game legs" Andy is right: They will be taking the crown back from us...

Half way through the first quarter? That might be a record. I'm guessing you're one of those guys that "knows" they're going to lose everytime they fall behind by more than 3 pts.

And at what point did you see any Kolb action to suggest he's going to be some juggernaut next year?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheCount;1840934 said:
I chuckled, that was about it. I had used up all my rage through the first 3 quarters of the game, since the offense played like garbage all day.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, was cursing like a sailor. At one point she got up and put the dog in his crate, claiming he was bad luck.

I think your girlfriend may be related to me.

The cussing thing is the norm for me during cowboys games, and I also threw one of the dogs out cuz of bad luck.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
With the way our offense played during the game, I was able to prepare myself for the outcome. Of course I didn't like the outcome at all...but considering how our offense played, I wasn't surprised we came up short. Let's "hope" that this loss will serve as a wake-up call for us....I hope!

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
My ego. I have been far from modest this season about my boys (rightfully so), and after games like that my phone's text inbox fills up with crow.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I never go violent,to me I either have to fix it/or buy a new one,yesterday I just laughed in dis-belief at the Eagles holding us to 6 points,come to think of it I still dont believe it:D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack;1840930 said:
Did anyone else destroy anything during or after this game?

I finally let it all out when we allowed a 9th string Rookie POS TE beat us for 20+ yards on 3rd and 9 at the end of the game.

- I slammed my fist on the coffee table causing a glass of soda to pop up in the air and land... everywhere.

- Then I picked up my DVD remote and cellphone and slammed them on the coffee table.

- Then I took my cup of water and slinged it at the fridge.

- Finally I got up an punched a hole in a closet door.

All of that happened right after we allowed that POS 11th string rookie POS TE beat us for a first down at the end of the game.

Did anyone else do any damage?

you know, there was a time in my life i'd do the same. literally. my mom got me a ref doll with removable arms and legs to tear up while watching the game.

not sure who or what changed over the years, but i just don't get into it the same. still love the boys, still always want to win and still get depressed during the downer years. pre-parcells i must admit i was just frustrated beyond belief. maybe repair. the wear and tear gets to ya, you know?

then parcells came along and i had hope. lost it quick but that was as much me as parcells. i can see that *now*. live and learn, i suppose. but no, no damage. i do have a friend i have to be careful about inviting over cause he has killed a TV before. not an expensive one but he killed it just the same.

i know of others who have thrown things into their tv but i do think that was either a Wii audition or they wanted a new tv anyway. : )

these days i try to look at the bigger picture. yes yesterday was despressing beyond measure and it's so easy to let 1 setback kill 10 advances.

see general forum postings to validate that one, huh?

but we're still far ahead of where we were and the future is ok vs. so uncertain. the cowboys, like any NFL team, will sooner or later lose. fight to the end or they didn't show, all of it will happen.

the more you care the more frustrated you'll get.

i'm getting into it all over again, to be sure. i get pumped when we make a good play so there wasn't much...pumping...going on over the weekend, but i still thought to myself this is just 'one of those games'.

besides, my new 55" sony just got setup last weekend and my jvc is sold to my brother, so trashing a tv would be an expensive proposition.

now coke everywhere? much more likely. i need to go find my tear up ref also. i miss that guy when the refs really suck. : )

SacredStar

Reaction score
No damage control here.

I felt Dallas was still in the game until the last int, and when it finally ended, I was disappointed, but not mad.

Dallas just has looked in decline mode the last two weeks, so I was not really expecting too much. I was hopeful for another last minute win and never gave up faith.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Rack;1840951 said:
I think your girlfriend may be related to me.

The cussing thing is the norm for me during cowboys games, and I also threw one of the dogs out cuz of bad luck.

I'm that way too. ;) I used to have a black cat in those years that we did bad. This year I have a gray and white cat (Boys colors!) and the Cowboys are 12-1.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
SacredStar;1840963 said:
No damage control here.

I felt Dallas was still in the game until the last int, and when it finally ended, I was disappointed, but not mad.

Dallas just has looked in decline mode the last two weeks, so I was not really expecting too much. I was hopeful for another last minute win and never gave up faith.

That's pretty much how I felt. The Eagles didn't look good like people are trying to make them out to be now. It looked like we had a chance untill the interception.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Considering I was at a sports bar, it wouldn't have been a good idea to start breaking stuff. The might not have liked it. I did, however, think I was going to get not-so-kindly asked to leave due to some colorful words flying from my mouth.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nope. Last night I had a long peacefull walk back to the car. Listened to norm hitzges whine like a girl who just had her passy stolen.

Today I am in the middle of cutting a trailer for a friends indie film and havent let anything bother me yet.

I am about to turn on espn now though!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
theebs;1840983 said:
nope. Last night I had a long peacefull walk back to the car. Listened to norm hitzges whine like a girl who just had her passy stolen.

Today I am in the middle of cutting a trailer for a friends indie film and havent let anything bother me yet.

I am about to turn on espn now though!

Hey I like Norm, although he was better when he was on 770 ;)