Oklahoma State coach said Blackmon better than Dez?

btcutter

Reaction score
I caught the last part of the interview and the coach from OKlahoma St said Blackmon will be the best player ever coming out of the school.

I can see maybe Blackmon is better than Dez but there was a RB name Sanders that wasn't too shabby.

Question for those that seen both WRs play. Who is better?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
btcutter;4282650 said:
I caught the last part of the interview and the coach from OKlahoma St said Blackmon will be the best player ever coming out of the school.

I can see maybe Blackmon is better than Dez but there was a RB name Sanders that wasn't too shabby.

dez is better ..

blackmon is good but will drop the football even while trying to score a td.

barry sanders is the best player to ever come out of ok state though.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
He's a man! He's 40!

On a serious note, I think the Vikings should target him or the WR from South Carolina to give Ponder a WR to grow with.

I don't know if that guy is better than Dez or not. Dez is the only thing standing in the way of Dez being a top WR in the NFL.

Reaction score
He could be better than Dez or he could be a total flop and be out of the league in 3 years. You just don't know.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Thurman Thomas wasn't a slouch either...not that I'm a huge fan of his but he is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

rockj7

Reaction score
Wouldnt he say that seeing that he is currently coaching him rightknow.

btcutter

Reaction score
rockj7;4282666 said:
Wouldnt he say that seeing that he is currently coaching him rightknow.

Not necessarily. It's no insult to be great but not as good as Dez. Or even say each has his strong points.

I've never seen Blackmon play so wonder how good this kid is given the coach is giving him such high praises.

Btw, what makes him so special?

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Bill Wooten;4282661 said:
He's a man! He's 40!

On a serious note, I think the Vikings should target him or the WR from South Carolina to give Ponder a WR to grow with.

I don't know if that guy is better than Dez or not. Dez is the only thing standing in the way of Dez being a top WR in the NFL.

:laugh2:I'm a MAN.....I'm forty!

Reaction score
It's hard to say who will be better, they look and play exactly the same,,, it's uncanny.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
EGG;4282707 said:
It's hard to say who will be better, they look and play exactly the same,,, it's uncanny.

I think Dez is much more keen on leaving his feet to go make a play. I've always compared Blackmon to Koren Robinson coming out of college.

cboyd

Reaction score
as an Oklahoma State alumni I can tell you that I have seen both Dez and Blackmon. I would say that Dez was better. Blackmon was more polished coming out but Dez was a freak (way more athletically gifted). Blackmon will drop passes and Dez would hardly ever drop passes. Blackmon had the privilage of playing with multiple solid recievers that relieved pressure and a really good QB. Dez on the other hand was preety much the only reciever and had an ok college QB. Don't get me wrong Blackmon is very good and a team will be lucky to have him.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
cboyd;4282713 said:
as an Oklahoma State alumni I can tell you that I have seen both Dez and Blackmon. I would say that Dez was better. Blackmon was more polished coming out but Dez was a freak (way more athletically gifted). Blackmon will drop passes and Dez would hardly ever drop passes. Blackmon had the privilage of playing with multiple solid recievers that relieved pressure and a really good QB. Dez on the other hand was preety much the only reciever and had an ok college QB. Don't get me wrong Blackmon is very good and a team will be lucky to have him.

Thats more of my thinking. Blackmon reminds me too much of Michael Crabtree for me to be too impressed tough. Will love to see what he runs at the combine.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
btcutter;4282650 said:

I'm an Ok State grad and actually got to see Thurman, Barry play. Bottom line is Barry was the best I've ever seen from that school. Now as to Dez and Blackmon. I think Dez is REALLY good, but I think Blackmon has more burst or will get you more RAC yards. My opinion is that if Blackmon ever learned to protect the ball and work on the small things, he MAY be better than Dez, but not by much.

If you asked me who I would draft if they both came out the same year, I'd select Dez because I feel his drive to be the best is higher than Blackmon's. I think Blackmon needs to be with a team that has a nice surrounding cast. Blackmon would be good on a team like Green Bay, New England, Carolina, maybe Tennessee. I would love for him to be here at Dallas as I don't know how much longer we can depend on Miles to stay healthy, but I hope Miles rebounds and learns to stay healthy by some means.

Eddie

Reaction score
Lemme guess how this works:

Player A is the BEST because he's a Cowboy.

Yep ... wins every argument in 3rd grade.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I agree with the OK State people... Blackmon is more polished but not nearly as spectacular as Dez. And Blackmon makes an incredible number of bonehead plays, almost like Desean Jackson. Great player, though.

I wouldn't doubt it if Gundy thinks Blackmon is better overall, though. I heard him on the radio a few weeks ago and when he was asked about Dez, he seemed to think more of him as a punt returner. Which isn't a negative, really, it just shows how good a returner Dez is. I also suspect Blackmon was less of a day-to-day headache (though Dez never had any DUIs).

And surely Gundy meant the best receiver. Neither guy is close to Barry Sanders. They may not even be a Kevin Williams, who currently has multiple All-Pros on his resume.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually know Blackmons family.

I think Justin is a smarter player than Dez but physically they aren't even close.

Dez has so much more upside. But that can be said about 99% of NFL Receivers.