Oklahoma State coach said Blackmon better than Dez?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh2: Gundy played with Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas. Surely he meant WRs.

perrykemp

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4282940 said:
If Dez learns all his routes he is can't be stopped.

Hey, I had that same quote about 12 months ago!

Let's hope someone on CZ isn't saying it 12 months from now.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
perrykemp;4282953 said:

:laugh2: I laugh, but you're so right.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think Dez knows his routes.

I just think he struggles adjusting his routes to defenses coverages.

He has to be able to read defenses as well.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
btcutter;4282650 said:
I caught the last part of the interview and the coach from OKlahoma St said Blackmon will be the best player ever coming out of the school.

I can see maybe Blackmon is better than Dez but there was a RB name Sanders that wasn't too shabby.

Question for those that seen both WRs play. Who is better?

Maybe Blackmon is a better student of the game so his routes will be more crisp and yes that would make him the better WR. As for being the best player ever out of OSU :laugh1:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Blackmon was a highschool QB so I'm sure that helps him out a ton.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CATCH17;4282966 said:

Blackmon was a highschool QB so I'm sure that helps him out a ton.

I agree with this, he just has to learn some of the nuances of the pro game. I guess that is why they say it takes 3 years for WRs to transition to the NFL.

I also think Romo needs to take a queue from Kitna and take a few shots a game to Dez even when he is covered. How many jump balls thrown his way have been intercepted? I cant think of any, he has a freakish ability to get it.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Doomsday;4282974 said:
I agree with this, he just has to learn some of the nuances of the pro game. I guess that is why they say it takes 3 years for WRs to transition to the NFL.

I also think Romo needs to take a queue from Kitna and take a few shots a game to Dez even when he is covered. How many jump balls thrown his way have been intercepted? I cant think of any, he has a freakish ability to get it.

Jets...that is one huge one that was picked off.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4282978 said:
Jets...that is one huge one that was picked off.

idk if that was a jump ball. The ball hit revis right in the numbers and revis didn't even have to jump for it. Yeah dez and romo wasn't on the same page but that wasn't a jump ball down field either.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I think Dez is more gifted. But Blackmon works for everything he's got. I'm not sure Blackmon is going to be near as good in the NFL as he was in college but he'll work hard for everything he gets. If Dez had half the heart Blackmon has he probably is the best receiver in football right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NickZepp;4283052 said:
I think Dez is more gifted. But Blackmon works for everything he's got. I'm not sure Blackmon is going to be near as good in the NFL as he was in college but he'll work hard for everything he gets. If Dez had half the heart Blackmon has he probably is the best receiver in football right now.

I think you're spot on except I think Dez does have heart just not the brains.

I hope Justin does well in the Pros but I think he's a little overhyped although I think he'll be solid.

What attribute does he have that really sepdrates him?

Speed? No

Jumping? No

Hands? Not really

Good run after catch? Yes. Will that translate to the Pro's?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
NickZepp;4283052 said:

It has nothing to do with heart because Dez has tons of that. It has everything to do with having the football smarts and Dez has very little of that. Once Dez losses a step or two he is done in this league because he offers nothing beyond his ability.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Their game is very alike, Blackmon might need a good supporting cast, what no one can coach is Dez's return ability, I still remember the guy drafted by Denver, Thomas saying he was faster quicker and way better than Dez lol and look at him

Thomas82

Reaction score
The Emperor;4283145 said:
Who said that? Brandon Weeden?

Actually Mike Gundy said that at a press conference after a loss. I believe it was either 2008 or 2009.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
Thomas82;4283149 said:
Actually Mike Gundy said that at a press conference after a loss. I believe it was either 2008 or 2009.

I was joking. You do know Brandon Weeden is 28. See? Now do you see why I asked if it was him who said it? I was joking about Weeden's age.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
perrykemp;4282953 said:

So you had the same quote when he was a rookie who had missed most of training camp.

And that is somehow supposed to be a negative. :confused:

I will play along please give me some evidence that he does not now know all of his routes, what exactly are you using as proof?

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4283089 said:
It has nothing to do with heart because Dez has tons of that. It has everything to do with having the football smarts and Dez has very little of that. Once Dez losses a step or two he is done in this league because he offers nothing beyond his ability.

WOW its amazing how people can make such grand proclamations without any true insight of the player.

Bryant has made 2 plays at the end of games this year against Washington that involved football smarts yet you make this claim.

But I will play along what in your opinion is "football smarts"

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY;4283182 said:
WOW its amazing how people can make such grand proclamations without any true insight of the player.

Bryant has made 2 plays at the end of games this year against Washington that involved football smarts yet you make this claim.

But I will play along what in your opinion is "football smarts"

No, it is amazing how blind people are in regards to certain players. Don't' you find it strange that you are the only poster to call Dez smart?
not going to bother explaining it since you have no clue and for some reason think Dez has it. pointless...

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4283193 said:
No, it is amazing how blind people are in regards to certain players. Don't' you find it strange that you are the only poster to call Dez smart?
not going to bother explaining it since you have no clue and for some reason think Dez has it. pointless...

Show me one post were I have called Dez smart and will never post on this forum again.

I have never commented on his football acumen because I have no idea and you don't either yet you make such proclamations.