Oklahoma State coach said Blackmon better than Dez?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
btcutter;4282672 said:
Not necessarily. It's no insult to be great but not as good as Dez. Or even say each has his strong points.

I've never seen Blackmon play so wonder how good this kid is given the coach is giving him such high praises.

Btw, what makes him so special?

He's one of the best receivers ever in college football for a long period of time with a ton of production.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Blackmon is better than Dez, as far as route running, he is a Dez clone.

Thomas82

Reaction score
The Emperor;4283159 said:
I was joking. You do know Brandon Weeden is 28. See? Now do you see why I asked if it was him who said it? I was joking about Weeden's age.

Oh ok, I get it......I actually forgot that Brandon Weeden was that old.

Jed_70

Reaction score
I'd agree with Gundy. Blackmon is the more consistent route runner.

Both of them are great at fighting for the ball at its highest point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BHendri5;4283265 said:
Blackmon is better than Dez, as far as route running, he is a Dez clone.

He is not on the same planet as Dez.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If the man who coached them both said he's better than Dez, I can't dispute that.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Dez has the higher ceiling. I could see Dez being the best WR in the NFL at some point, eventually. I don't get the same type of potential from Blackmon. Dez has that extra gear that makes him a vertical threat + better elusiveness.

Let's not forget that Dez's suspension probably kept him from being a Top-10 pick. If he had played that entire season, he would've put up the same numbers as Blackmon, possibly even better. Also Blackmon has had 4 years in that system vs. Dez having only 3 years. Dez's breakout season in 2008 came in his true sophomore year.

BHendri5

Reaction score
CATCH17;4283411 said:
He is not on the same planet as Dez.

the guy that coached them both thinks Blackmon is better, that gives him the edge way over you and I. They are on the same planet.

Reaction score
BHendri5;4283705 said:
the guy that coached them both thinks Blackmon is better, that gives him the edge way over you and I. They are on the same planet.

So coaches are experts now? Some coaches know talent some don't.

popp1234

Reaction score
BHendri5;4283705 said:

Do not care about the college player...it's not always a precursor to success in the NFL. The question is who will be the better pro. We do not know that yet.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
BHendri5;4283705 said:

yes, but he also said Blackmon's the best out of the school, which is questionable considering Barry.

ghst187

Reaction score
8FOR!3;4282704 said:
:laugh2:I'm a MAN.....I'm forty!

i can say that Blackmon is about 10x more mature than Dez is.
Dez is more gifted no doubt but Blackmon will probably be pretty good too. I just don't see Blackmon making the kind of acrobatic one-hand catches like Dez can...although maybe Blackmon will run better routes...will be fun to see how he develops. Dez still has some developing to do as well.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Wooten;4282661 said:
Dez is the only thing standing in the way of Dez being a top WR in the NFL......

:signmast:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Probably isn't as physically gifted as Dez, but seemed to be a more consistent producer every week and doesn't come with the off field baggage.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
CATCH17;4282962 said:
I think Dez knows his routes.

I just think he struggles adjusting his routes to defenses coverages.

He has to be able to read defenses as well.

This takes time. People underrate the value of team chemistry in this era of free agency. Witten may be the best TE in team history but his chemistry with Romo is uncanny, principally because of their time practicing and playing together. The same could be said of Aikman and Irvin.

Bryant is only beginning to reach his potential. He is going to be scary good over the next few years provided we have the same quarterback and same offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BHendri5;4283705 said:

Lol ok well we'll see how that coaches edge works for him in the Pro's vs Dez.

In all honesty I think Wright from Baylor may have more upside than any receiver in this class.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Bill Wooten;4282661 said:
He's a man! He's 40!

On a serious note, I think the Vikings should target him or the WR from South Carolina to give Ponder a WR to grow with.

I don't know if that guy is better than Dez or not. Dez is the only thing standing in the way of Dez being a top WR in the NFL.

Dez and Garrett. I dont think Dez is thrown to enough, dont know if thats Garrett's fault or Tony's.

DFWJC

Reaction score
btcutter;4282650 said:
I caught the last part of the interview and the coach from OKlahoma St said Blackmon will be the best player ever coming out of the school.

I can see maybe Blackmon is better than Dez but there was a RB name Sanders that wasn't too shabby.

Question for those that seen both WRs play. Who is better?
The better than Dez quote does not surprise me at all.

But this guy needs to brush up on his history before he throws out the "best of all time" garbage. That's embarrassing that he doesn't know his OSU history better but coaches there.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;4284072 said:
Dez and Garrett. I dont think Dez is thrown to enough, dont know if thats Garrett's fault or Tony's.

Or perhaps Dez's?