Signed by Cowboys OL Cameron Fleming back with Cowboys

Verdict

Reaction score
Fleming was almost average, so not a terrible resign, unless the numbers are as ridiculous as the numbers on Olawale were. Makes no sense to pay a FB the kind of money they just guaranteed.

I get the Olewale contract "rueage" but if the team will use this guy like they should he could be a serious bargain. He has wheels and can also backup RB in a pinch at a reasonable level.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many rescources would you like to sink in the OL? He was really good in his 3 starts last year and we went 3-0 with him starting. You don’t give a guy 8 million dollars to backup if you think he can’t play.

Yes, when you must have a backup and better options cost more then 4M per becomes the price.

It's a good example why they need a young developing player at OT.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well, Waddle was the guy the Pats kept last year instead of Fleming, so there is that. Parnell is most likely better, but would be significantly more expensive.

With Frederick back, we will have our starting OL and Looney, Fleming, Ehringer and Redmond back as depth. That ain't too bad.

Patriots wanted Fleming back but he took Dallas' offer. In fact the Cowboys had both Fleming and Waddle in for visits. Once Dallas got Fleming the Pats went with Waddle.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Patriots wanted Fleming back but he took Dallas' offer. In fact the Cowboys had both Fleming and Waddle in for visits. Once Dallas got Fleming the Pats went with Waddle.

Pretty sure it went the opposite way but no big deal either way.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...atriots-resigning-left-tackle-laadrian-waddle

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2...ming-leaves-patriots-signs-deal-with-cowboys/

Waddle visited Dallas and signed with NE on 3/22....FLeming signed on 3/26

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes, when you must have a backup and better options cost more then 4M per becomes the price.

It's a good example why they need a young developing player at OT.
It is also LCollins insurance for next year at RT

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

The Cowboys kept a valuable part of their offensive line in Cameron Fleming, according to a source. Fleming played well in three starts last year, filling in at left tackle for an injured Tyron Smith. Given Smith’s recent injury history, the Cowboys needed a veteran backup like Fleming, who has 23 career starts. In 2017 when Smith was hurt, the Cowboys fell apart up front and that played a part in them missing the playoffs.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Good signing. Needed depth at T. Screw ET and the horse he rode down the tunnel. Limelight grabber lol. Go get us a S. Richard, step up to the plate, don't be afraid of JG and his ability to fart thunder and crap lightening. Show us ya got somethin besides sideline rants

cern

Reaction score
with all the comments about the front office being in the Bahamas or whatever island they've chosen to vacation, how can all these things be happening? laptops, iphones, and tablets? it would seem so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The Cowboys kept a valuable part of their offensive line in Cameron Fleming, according to a source. Fleming played well in three starts last year, filling in at left tackle for an injured Tyron Smith. Given Smith’s recent injury history, the Cowboys needed a veteran backup like Fleming, who has 23 career starts. In 2017 when Smith was hurt, the Cowboys fell apart up front and that played a part in them missing the playoffs.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Great signing actually. But it also goes to show you how much they realize the brittle nature of Smith. This line should be stacked with starters and depth now. Nice to see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, one positive the offensive line is set.

LT - Smith
LG - Sua Filo / Williams
C - Frederick / Jumbo Joe
RG - Martin
RT - Collins

I’m just being sour. I know we will sign a few! Just was hoping to fill some needs and improve!

It’s a lot to ask a rookie to be impact guys right away

Williams will be starting over Filo.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At least this keeps Parnell from being considered.

aria

Reaction score
I like this, LT’s aren’t easy to find and he’s very good back up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well, one positive the offensive line is set.

LT - Smith
LG - Sua Filo / Williams
C - Frederick / Jumbo Joe
RG - Martin
RT - Collins

I think Williams starts over SF. Signing Fleming tells me that Williams is not going to be swing T. So he's going to start at LG. He got the starts in the playoffs. They're not going to sit Williams for a short timer.