Twitter: OL Terence Steele discusses last season penalty issues

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
All I got to say about the 2016 playoff game was they called a penalty on us that wasn't called for 13 years prior to that game. So in 13 years of football that penalty was never committed in pre, regular or postseason play but when we were driving and gaining momentum the penalty was called. Yeah sounds legit to me.
And that call cost us at least 3 points

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Penalties are mainly a result of poor discipline.
Which falls on coaching.
I played football from 5th grade to varsity and only committed 2 penalties in all those years.

Coaching is what is lacking here. Agree with you.. as Jimmy would say, "You play the way you practice." I am not sold on these offensive line coaches. Needed to be replaced since the end of this past season.

plymkr

Reaction score
And that call cost us at least 3 points
To this day I'm still pissed about that call. When that call happened I remember thinking "they're not going to let us win". So prior to this season the NFL averages 272 regular season games. So in 13 seasons there would have been 3,536 games played without that call being made. Anyone who thinks there's no bias there is fooling themselves. No one is going to convince me in 3,536 games no other team committed that penalty until we were driving and gaining momentum in a playoff game. C'mon man. Still pisses me off

Cebrin

Reaction score
When your team is forced to become one dimensional, so are the refs eyes. Need to be healthy, and better. Period.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
To this day I'm still pissed about that call. When that call happened I remember thinking "they're not going to let us win". So prior to this season the NFL averages 272 regular season games. So in 13 seasons there would have been 3,536 games played without that call being made. Anyone who thinks there's no bias there is fooling themselves. No one is going to convince me in 3,536 games no other team committed that penalty until we were driving and gaining momentum in a playoff game. C'mon man. Still pisses me off
And the fact in the rulebook it states that the first offense is usually given a warning not a penalty.

Man im tellin me and like 5 of my boys were watching the game i was the only cowboys fan. When they called that we all looked at eachother like wth is that rule?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
All the players, including one inevitable HOF player, and one borderline HOF player, all became bums just when Philbin showed up.

Yeah, that's more credible than Philbin sucking.

So your hot take is that Marc Colombo was better?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
...it was an issue all season, then it blew up on SF game. How's that for better fix it, before wheel falls off.
Because SF DL gave a beating to our OL with their physicality. Our OL couldn’t handle that.
Similarly SF OL was good , no sacks , Gregory tried to time the snap and got way too many encroachments..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And the fact in the rulebook it states that the first offense is usually given a warning not a penalty.

Man im tellin me and like 5 of my boys were watching the game i was the only cowboys fan. When they called that we all looked at eachother like wth is that rule?

Where in the 2016 rulebook does it say a first offense is given a warning? I do not see it. It merely says if you move onto the field beyond the numbers and don't participate in a play it is unsportsmanlike conduct. If the coaches or Butler himself realized what happened, they actually could have called timeout to reset. They didn't. Why aren't they responsible instead of the easy failsafe blame it on Goodell CONSPIRACY!?

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Bro, the defense falling behind 21-3 didn't let us win. Maybe if that doesn't happen we're slugging it out the entire game instead of playing catch-up. But CONSPIRACY! is easier. I get it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Bro, the defense falling behind 21-3 didn't let us win. Maybe if that doesn't happen we're slugging it out the entire game instead of playing catch-up. But CONSPIRACY! is easier. I get it.
Ok bro, so can you explain to me how no other team in 3,536 games committed that particular penalty? Also how many times has that particular penalty been called since? I personally have not seen that call since.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You want to talk about the hands to the face called on mo claibore on 3rd down that allowed them to drive down the field and score again. And he never touched his face the ref missed the call.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ok bro, so can you explain to me how no other team in 3,536 games committed that particular penalty? Also how many times has that particular penalty been called since? I personally have not seen that call since.

Has the Immaculate Reception happened since it happened in the 70s? As for the penalty, have you watched every single game to know for sure? Present your proof. That never seems to happen where a CONSPIRACY! claim is concerned but maybe you're different.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You want to talk about the hands to the face called on mo claibore on 3rd down that allowed them to drive down the field and score again. And he never touched his face the ref missed the call.

The refs also missed these calls during the game. Sure, let's talk about it. Maybe if these were called, there'd have been no competitive game to talk about if Green Bay scores more at the end of those drives.

GB-DALpen-2016-1.gif

GB-DALpen-2016-2.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
Has the Immaculate Reception happened since it happened in the 70s? As for the penalty, have you watched every single game to know for sure? Present your proof. That never seems to happen where a CONSPIRACY! claim is concerned but maybe you're different.
Have you ever considered that it could be both. We suck AND the league doesn't want us to win. Since 95 we have been on the wrong side of game momentum swinging calls in regular season and post season. The 2016 call was one of the worst I've ever seen as a fan. Jerry pissed off the league in 1995 with his Pepsi and Mastercard deals. That's a fact. I believe the NFL sued Jerry for 830 million and Herry counter sued with 300+ million. We've had some very untimely, momentum changing calls since then. My proof is already stated. 3536 games of football were played without that call, not including post season play. I believe there is an referree bias against the Cowboys. That's my opinion, if you disagree then that's fine. I would also state that there is a bias for Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh with the refs. Anyone who has watched the Green Bay Packers and feel they do not receive good calls by the refs isn't watching.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Have you ever considered that it could be both. We suck AND the league doesn't want us to win. Since 95 we have been on the wrong side of game momentum swinging calls in regular season and post season. The 2016 call was one of the worst I've ever seen as a fan. Jerry pissed off the league in 1995 with his Pepsi and Mastercard deals. That's a fact. I believe the NFL sued Jerry for 830 million and Herry counter sued with 300+ million. We've had some very untimely, momentum changing calls since then. My proof is already stated. 3536 games of football were played without that call, not including post season play. I believe there is an referree bias against the Cowboys. That's my opinion, if you disagree then that's fine. I would also state that there is a bias for Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh with the refs. Anyone who has watched the Green Bay Packers and feel they do not receive good calls by the refs isn't watching.

Funny, I just posted 2 that we were on the right side of in the very same game you're complaining about. It's always "obvious" when you don't consider the other side. You can call that kind of bias "proof" all you want. It ain't.

ESisback

Reaction score
Funny, I just posted 2 that we were on the right side of in the very same game you're complaining about. It's always "obvious" when you don't consider the other side. You can call that kind of bias "proof" all you want. It ain't.

It ain’t to you, but it is to lots of others.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The refs also missed these calls during the game. Sure, let's talk about it. Maybe if these were called, there'd have been no competitive game to talk about if Green Bay scores more at the end of those drives.

GB-DALpen-2016-1.gif

GB-DALpen-2016-2.gif
You need to hunt down Alex Jones with your vigor.
Hit him hard.

plymkr

Reaction score
In my opinion since 95 we have been on the wrong side of momentum shifting calls. That's my opinion and if you disagree that's cool I respect your opinion. This is a Cowboys fan forum discussion board and this is the place to articulate opinions about the Cowboys and the games they play in. But I'm not going to argue the validity of my opinion on an opinion based web site. If you disagree with my opinion that there is a bias against the Cowboys from the refs then just scroll along.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It ain’t to you, but it is to lots of others.

You see today's environment and don't think many people don't blind themselves to what they don't want to believe or create what they need to believe and then try to claim that "many are with me" to pretend it's legit? Same thing, lol.

By the way, I knew you'd come back. You always do. Called it long ago. See you next thread, Fred. Lol.