Olive Garden’s unlimited Soup & Salad

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I haven't been to an Olive Garden in ages, but remember they had endless soup and salad as well as breadsticks.

I googled this and found a bunch of threads and reviews stating that although it's advertised as endless, it's really not. I read one comment, where a guy was cut off after 4 bowls of soup, and 3 salads and 10 breadsticks! :facepalm: That's hardly endless and quite frankly you'd be starving still.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey guys/gals I haven't been to an Olive Garden in ages, but remember they had endless soup and salad as well as breadsticks.

I googled this and found a bunch of threads and reviews stating that although it's advertised as endless, it's really not. I read one comment, where a guy was cut off after 4 bowls of soup, and 3 salads and 10 breadsticks! :facepalm: That's hardly endless and quite frankly you'd be starving still.

If you eat all that and you're still hungry you're either Andre The Giant or a hog. LOL!

The breadsticks themselves are filling... Especially after 10 of them!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I remember reading a couple of articles about them (the business side) a couple of years ago where the restaurant chain was losing money every quarter because of wasting food and being too generous with servings and and such. They started auditing their entire food making process and eliminating those things, which helped the company turn around financially. I would probably expect that to mean there is no "unlimited" anything any more, but that's just a guess.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
oabjWQb.png

This one got me scared

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I remember reading a couple of articles about them (the business side) a couple of years ago where the restaurant chain was losing money every quarter because of wasting food and being too generous with servings and and such. They started auditing their entire food making process and eliminating those things, which helped the company turn around financially. I would probably expect that to mean there is no "unlimited" anything any more, but that's just a guess.
I agree and when advertised as such they intentionally take their time to bring out the 2nd rounds, etc. Just noticed that when I went to Outback awhile back. It wouldn't hurt us as a country, just don't turn into French portions:eek:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The Olive Garden is like the Wal-Mart of Italian Restaurants. Its decent but don't expect much. I've seen people go into a buffet that offered free drink refills and order 1 coke between 4 people, and keep getting refills because everyone was drinking out of the same glass.:laugh:

Shinaoi

Reaction score
There was a thread on Reddit one time where they asked people in the restaurant business how much profit was made. There were a lot of replies from pizza and Chinese food buffets workers. They basically said at Chinese food it would take like 8 full plates of meat to break even. Pizza was basically a great market because each pizza was like 1.50 or 2 dollars in price almost all of it being cheese.

But as far as all you can eat. I’m just a regular dude not even that big. I went to all you can eat cat fish at cotton patch and when you ask for more, they bring one more piece out. I literally felt guilted or inconvenienced out of eating what I could have. Within reason, it felt less like all you can eat and more like here’s two pieces. Don’t order more.