6. Netherlands(8)
7. Argentina(7)
8. Portugal(5)
9. Chile(15)
10. Italy(6)
11. Mexico(18)
29. U.S.(36)

England 5?

I would take all of those top 10 teams except Chile over them.

Also I think Brazil is a little overrated. They haven't really beat anyone. Lot's of talent though.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ren;4662317 said:
LOL you dismiss Fifa rankings then proceed to name friendly results to prove your point? that's like winning preseason dude.

Honestly Denmark was in a group with Portogual, Holland and Germany in the last Euro cup had Mexico taken their spot they would be lucky to come out of it with a single point.

Mexico was not a top 10 team prior to the olympics and their U23 team winning it doesn't change that at all. They are absolutely not favorites to win the 2014 world cup.

rofl you dismiss everything altogether but fifa rankings and the past world cups, yet mexico had better results in the last world cup and you make whiny excuses.

mexico suspended 8 players at its last copa america. it fared badly minus so much of its team and thus its ranking is way lower than it normally would be. outside that tourney it has won at a prodigious clip the past 2 years.

the olympics are mostly under 23 but not all under 23. that is a tourney that counts. maybe in norway they ignore it and never win anything at all but the rest of the world tries to win gold. it is the 3rd or 4th most coveted award a side can have.

mexico is far better than denmark and that is really not even in doubt. ELO has Denmark 17 and Mexico 11. That is much closer to reality and probably about right. Factor in a home-field style advantage for Mexico playing in nearby Brazil and Mexico is probably the 3rd or 4th best shot realistically to win the next World Cup. they play a much more sound style of football than brazil or argentina and have a very real shot to fare well. denmark is probably a long shot to make it to the knockout stage again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CATCH17;4662482 said:
England 5?

I would take all of those top 10 teams except Chile over them.

Also I think Brazil is a little overrated. They haven't really beat anyone. Lot's of talent though.

Mexico is better right now than either Brazil or Argentina. I can't say they will be in 2 years as those sides have tons of talent but play sloppy, inconsistent football.

Anyone dismissing beating Brazil in the Olympics is a moron. They had Oscar, Naymar, Hulk on the pitch. As my Chelsea team was willing to spend as much as 150m on those 3 players you can imagine they are "pretty good". ROFL.

MC KAos

Reaction score
if there was a bet for top 4 placing, id bet mexico and enjoy my winnings!

i think uruguay will ultimately win the world cup

Ren

Reaction score
jterrell;4662748 said:
rofl you dismiss everything altogether but fifa rankings and the past world cups, yet mexico had better results in the last world cup and you make whiny excuses.

mexico suspended 8 players at its last copa america. it fared badly minus so much of its team and thus its ranking is way lower than it normally would be. outside that tourney it has won at a prodigious clip the past 2 years.

the olympics are mostly under 23 but not all under 23. that is a tourney that counts. maybe in norway they ignore it and never win anything at all but the rest of the world tries to win gold. it is the 3rd or 4th most coveted award a side can have.

mexico is far better than denmark and that is really not even in doubt. ELO has Denmark 17 and Mexico 11. That is much closer to reality and probably about right. Factor in a home-field style advantage for Mexico playing in nearby Brazil and Mexico is probably the 3rd or 4th best shot realistically to win the next World Cup. they play a much more sound style of football than brazil or argentina and have a very real shot to fare well. denmark is probably a long shot to make it to the knockout stage again.

What group you end up inn can have a very large impact on how far you go, I'll say it again put Mexico on a group with Portogual, Holland and Germany and they're not getting out of the group stages either all those teams are better then Mexico.

While you do get to have a couple of non U23 players on Olympic squads it is still considered a U23 tournament

The rest or your post is the just speculation i could name at least 10 teams who will be in the WC and who's better then Mexico. Time will prove you wrong on this one.

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4662988 said:
if there was a bet for top 4 placing, id bet mexico and enjoy my winnings!

i think uruguay will ultimately win the world cup

Put your money where your mouth is, 100$ says they make it no farther then the quarter finals. Intrested?

Ren

Reaction score
jterrell;4662755 said:
Mexico is better right now than either Brazil or Argentina. I can't say they will be in 2 years as those sides have tons of talent but play sloppy, inconsistent football.

Anyone dismissing beating Brazil in the Olympics is a moron. They had Oscar, Naymar, Hulk on the pitch. As my Chelsea team was willing to spend as much as 150m on those 3 players you can imagine they are "pretty good". ROFL.

If that team was in a tournament for propper squads and not U23 that Brazil team would have never made it to the finals to begin with.
Beating them at the U23 level is a big accomplishment at the U23 level but lets be real here, there's a BIG jump in quality from that to something like the German or Spanish national teams

MC KAos

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but Argentina just beat Germany 3-1 IN Germany!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ren;4665177 said:
Put your money where your mouth is, 100$ says they make it no farther then the quarter finals. Intrested?

When the time comes, if there are no injuries, I'll make a bet on them. But in Vegas or online, not with someone I don't know online!

joseephuss

Reaction score
MC KAos;4668514 said:
Take it for what it's worth, but Argentina just beat Germany 3-1 IN Germany!

I didn't take too from it. It is difficult to evaluate teams as a whole in a friendly. They are more about evaluating individuals. Germany did not go in with a top line up. They were outplaying Argentina until the goalie got red carded.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The US vs Mexico friendlies are always good at least, they always go hard against each other!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ren;4665174 said:
What group you end up inn can have a very large impact on how far you go, I'll say it again put Mexico on a group with Portogual, Holland and Germany and they're not getting out of the group stages either all those teams are better then Mexico.

While you do get to have a couple of non U23 players on Olympic squads it is still considered a U23 tournament

The rest or your post is the just speculation i could name at least 10 teams who will be in the WC and who's better then Mexico. Time will prove you wrong on this one.

Mexico is as good as Portugal and Holland. They are not as good as Germany but certainly can beat them ... especially in the Americas.

Spain, Germany, Uruguay can claim to outclass Mexico. After that there are teams like Portugal/Brazil in the same tier with Mexico. Denmark is on a lower tier.

Denmark didn't make the knockout stage of the last WC nor Euro 2012. So apparently every draw is a nightmare for them. Portugal and Germany are solid clubs but neither made the Finals of Euro 2012. So the "group of death" didn't produce the champ nor the runner up.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jterrell;4668706 said:
Mexico is as good as Portugal and Holland. They are not as good as Germany but certainly can beat them ... especially in the Americas.

Spain, Germany, Uruguay can claim to outclass Mexico. After that there are teams like Portugal/Brazil in the same tier with Mexico. Denmark is on a lower tier.

Denmark didn't make the knockout stage of the last WC nor Euro 2012. So apparently every draw is a nightmare for them. Portugal and Germany are solid clubs but neither made the Finals of Euro 2012. So the "group of death" didn't produce the champ nor the runner up.

probably because those four teams beat each other up to the point they had nothing left :p

MC KAos

Reaction score
TIM HOWARD!!!!!! BEAST!!! no goalkeeper in the world better than him, maybe as good, but not better

MC KAos

Reaction score
A0Yom6vCcAAZ3xR.jpg:large

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4668516 said:
When the time comes, if there are no injuries, I'll make a bet on them. But in Vegas or online, not with someone I don't know online!

We could just get a 3rd party we trust to hold the bets in paypal until the tournement is over, done it before though not with people so far away it's 2 years off think about it at least, would be fun

joseephuss

Reaction score
MC KAos;4668902 said:
TIM HOWARD!!!!!! BEAST!!! no goalkeeper in the world better than him, maybe as good, but not better

Howard is good, but there are better keepers. Not many, but there are a few.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
joseephuss;4669309 said:
Howard is good, but there are better keepers. Not many, but there are a few.

howard may be the best. not sure he is most consistent guy but he is arguably the best overall athlete at the position. his EPL showings say he is at least top 5.

obviously guys like joe hart, neuer and casillas have arguments but those guys are almost never asked to be otherwordly like howard is for the us.