On Get Up, Greeny Picks Beagles to be 1 seed and the Bye

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
While what you say is correct.....I don’t think they were very good. To me they are closer to those teams than they are the Chiefs so the fact they beat all 4.....gotta give Pederson credit.
Had Dallas not quit on Garrett than philly doesn't make the playoffs. They beat two of the worst teams in the league with Washington and the giants. I'm not giving them credit even they lost to Miami.

However I do give credit to Pederson on his superbowl winning run

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But, we have a better roster and as good a coach now. There must be some mistake.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
before FA is over, before the draft and this shot is called, seriously, the Eagles..lmao
blue--- this year starts the playoffs with 3 wild cards instead of two for each conference...14 playoff teams total...but only 1 seed gets a bye...2 seed now plays 7 seed and so on....wild card weekend now has 3 games on saturday and 3 games on Sunday...i say all this because the Sheagles got no shot being #1 seed this year and getting a bye

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But, we have a better roster and as good a coach now. There must be some mistake.
Legit baby---- i am very curious if we will even have a regular season this year because of the Corona scare..any thoughts on that?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Honestly, I'm still pissed over it. I haven't gotten over that game. I think it's why I am so critical of almost everything.

:laugh:

I shouldn't be, I'm a grown man but gotta be honest. Team pissed me off right there. No reason in the world we should have lost that game. No reason but we did.

ABC----- I am right with you on that....this may sound stupid but i wanted them to start Rush because Dak shoulder was hurt and i think that really affected the whole team leading up to the game....i just wonder if the team might have rallied around Rush knowing its his first real start in a real important game?....the fact the whole team was ill-prepared for the game really angered me....there was no fire or urgency..they looked awful ....i know you might think the team would have
rallied around Dak knowing his shoulder was hurt but Garrett did not prepare his team mentally at all for that game...and i just think team was down and maybe it was knowing Dak could not make the throws necessary?..just a thought

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Legit baby---- i am very curious if we will even have a regular season this year because of the Corona scare..any thoughts on that?

I’m living two weeks at a time right now. September is a long ways away. Right now, I’d guess we have a season on time with a very abbreviated training camp. But who knows?

ghst187

Reaction score
An ounce of motivation that last game against them and we smash them by 20.
I trust MM will have us much more ready for big games.

PS. Anyone who picks the East winner to win it again the following year don’t know history.
I love it when everyone picks the eagles...that’s when they fail the hardest

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For all of you blaming Dak for that loss at the Eagles, refresh your memories a little by rewatching the game. This is the shortened version. After the first part ends, click on the next part to continue watching each segment, etc, etc.

Dak had a few misthrows but don't forget the dropped passes by Cooper, Witten and Cobb, plus our WRs struggled to get open. Pollard fumbled the ball deep in Eagles territory during the 1st Half. Our Oline struggled throughout the game, and our running game was almost non-existent with Zeke rushing only 13 times was a measly 47 yards. Our Defense rarely stopped the Eagles, constantly getting burned by the pass and at times the run. The Eagles WRs were catching everything (on target throws, high/low throws, behind throws, etc) while our WRs struggled to make catches all game long. Our playcalling was terrible most of the time, and our stud players (Zeke, Cooper and Gallup) were seen on the sidelines during key times all game long, especially late in the 4th with the game on the line. Everyone contributed to that loss.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I mean right now the Eagles are the favorites in the NFC East. The Cowboys last year were healthy, lost the division, and from a talent perspective will be worse this upcoming season. The Eagles were an injured mess, are not worse from a talent perspective, and won the division.

That's not a given. We could very well rate better than last year by the time it's all said and done. Our run defense will be stronger, our STs will be better, and the offense could very well be improved.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I mean right now the Eagles are the favorites in the NFC East. The Cowboys last year were healthy, lost the division, and from a talent perspective will be worse this upcoming season. The Eagles were an injured mess, are not worse from a talent perspective, and won the division.

What? We havent even had the draft yet. We got rid of Garrett and Marinelli. Losing Fredbeard hurts, but well be ok.

Adreme

Reaction score
That's not a given. We could very well rate better than last year by the time it's all said and done. Our run defense will be stronger, our STs will be better, and the offense could very well be improved.

How would the offense be improved? They were the number 2 offense in the NFL and did not really change anything. They lost Fred and that is about it. They are not changing offensive schemes or coaches or by extension play calling; therefore the offense will be at best the same.

The run defense will be stronger but the secondary will be far weaker and in the NFL that is a poison pill. Meanwhile you cant really be more injured than the Eagles were last year and the Eagles won the division; they should not have won the division but they did and its almost certain they will be healthier this year so by extension they will be better.

CapnB

Reaction score
They are the most overrated team in the NFL. And its not even close.

Adreme

Reaction score
What? We havent even had the draft yet. We got rid of Garrett and Marinelli. Losing Fredbeard hurts, but well be ok.

The draft is not worth basing predictions around. Maybe that 6th round pick looks like a pro bowler week 1. Maybe that 1st round pick is a total bust. If your entire hinges on rookies being good and you pick in the middle of the draft, then your team is in a LOT of trouble. When you need to find multiple starters in the drat, that is a big problem. If you need to find a starter for 1 position you can simply double dip and probably find someone, but finding starters for multiple specific positions in the draft who can play at an NFL level is far from a certainty especially when you pick outside the top 10.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
How would the offense be improved? They were the number 2 offense in the NFL and did not really change anything. They lost Fred and that is about it. They are not changing offensive schemes or coaches or by extension play calling; therefore the offense will be at best the same.

The run defense will be stronger but the secondary will be far weaker and in the NFL that is a poison pill. Meanwhile you cant really be more injured than the Eagles were last year and the Eagles won the division; they should not have won the division but they did and its almost certain they will be healthier this year so by extension they will be better.

Sounds like you're in for a very disappointing year Adreme. You sound like you think Garrett is still the coach. Tell you what, you follow Garrett and I'll follow Mike McCarthy and we'll see who comes out ahead.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
Sounds like you're in for a very disappointing year Adreme. You seem to think Garrett is still the coach. Tell you what, you follow Garrett and I'll follow Mike McCarthy and we'll see who comes out ahead.

Nice strawman there but a coach cannot make an awful player good. A coaches job is to get the most out of the talent he has but the secondary basically has none and again the offensive coordinator did not change and the offense was number 2 in the NFL. The problem with the Cowboys was the defense and the problem still is the defense. McCarthy is an okay coach and okay is a massive upgrade from Garrett, but he cannot play corner and stop the yards from being piled on.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Nice strawman there but a coach cannot make an awful player good. A coaches job is to get the most out of the talent he has but the secondary basically has none and again the offensive coordinator did not change and the offense was number 2 in the NFL. The problem with the Cowboys was the defense and the problem still is the defense. McCarthy is an okay coach and okay is a massive upgrade from Garrett, but he cannot play corner and stop the yards from being piled on.

Oh that's right I forgot, nobody in the NFL can replace Byron Jones. Nobody! We're doomed! You won't need to watch any games this year Adreme because we're going 0-16.
You go ahead and sit this year out, I'll watch for both of us.

Adreme

Reaction score
Oh that's right I forgot, nobody in the NFL can replace Byron Jones. Nobody! We're doomed! You won't need to watch any games this year Adreme because we're going 0-16.

You really like hyperbole and strawmanning over making rational well thought out points.

There are probably around 5 or 6 other CBs who could be an upgrade over Jones but the problem is they are all on teams already and they are not going anywhere. I know INTs are the casual fans goalpost for success, but there are not exactly a lot of CBs who QBs had worse numbers throwing at than Jones which is a much more telling number. Now having lost the only great piece in the secondary, the team now took a bad situation and made it worse.

I am not saying the Cowboys cannot win the division, but it strikes me as silly to consider them the favorites when you look at the circumstances. I am hoping they do win the division, but I cannot see how one can argue that they are the favorites to do so.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Don’t see the Eagles getting a 1 seed. Too many teams with less needs in the conference.