On Get Up, Greeny Picks Beagles to be 1 seed and the Bye

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You really like hyperbole and strawmanning over making rational well thought out points.......

Well thought out points? Those so called "well thought out points" are too premature. We haven't seen the draft yet and we haven't played a single game yet, we don't know what this team is going to look like with a brand new HC, but you've got it all figured out what the offense is going to look like and the defense will be a total loss because of Byron Jones. And Byron Jones was not "great" as you called him. He's good, but not great.
Losing Jones is not the end of our defense.
And until we see this draft along with what they do about the right DE, I'm not buying what you're selling. Plus I think just showing Garrett and Marinelli to the door and bringing in Mike McCarthy will account for a big improvement by itself.
It's too early for you to have the Cowboys down for the count.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
Well thought out points? Those well thought out points are too premature. We haven't seen the draft yet and we haven't played a single game yet, we don't know what this team is going to look like with a brand new HC, but you've got it all figured out what the offense is going to look like and the defense will be a total loss because of Byron Jones. And Byron Jones was not "great" as you called him. He's good, but not great.
Losing Jones is not the end of our defense.
And until we see this draft along with what they do about the right DE, I'm not buying what you're selling. Plus I think just showing Garrett and Marinelli to the door and bringing in Mike McCarthy will account for a big improvement by itself.
It's too early for you to have the Cowboys down for the count.

Not being the favorites does not mean done. You keep adding words to my posts that do not exist.

The numbers say Byron Jones is a top 10 CB in the NFL and that is looking at those numbers in the most negative light I can. Also, you are right that the draft has not happened, but judging a draft class takes years so it would change nothing about a prediction before the season starts about who is the favorite in the NFC East. The only thing I can be sure of in the draft is the rather obvious point that statistically the lower in the draft you draft the less improvement you typically get from it. Obviously its a trend so teams can, and often do, both over and under perform that metric, but when making predictions that trendline is the best metric there is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Had Dallas not quit on Garrett than philly doesn't make the playoffs. They beat two of the worst teams in the league with Washington and the giants. I'm not giving them credit even they lost to Miami.

However I do give credit to Pederson on his superbowl winning run

I mean they did what we couldn't do. Trust me I'm the last person to speak in favor of the Eagirls. They are overrated every year. Them and their quarterback. I give Wentz no props for beating the lowest of the low in December. But I'll give the credit to their coach. I can't in one sentence say they suck but then not give Pederson credit for racking up a few wins and getting backups to play in place of starters. A trait our old coaching staff just couldn't do except in 2016 when Romo went down and Dak came in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For all of you blaming Dak for that loss at the Eagles, refresh your memories a little by rewatching the game. This is the shortened version. After the first part ends, click on the next part to continue watching each segment, etc, etc.

Dak had a few misthrows but don't forget the dropped passes by Cooper, Witten and Cobb, plus our WRs struggled to get open. Pollard fumbled the ball deep in Eagles territory during the 1st Half. Our Oline struggled throughout the game, and our running game was almost non-existent with Zeke rushing only 13 times was a measly 47 yards. Our Defense rarely stopped the Eagles, constantly getting burned by the pass and at times the run. The Eagles WRs were catching everything (on target throws, high/low throws, behind throws, etc) while our WRs struggled to make catches all game long. Our playcalling was terrible most of the time, and our stud players (Zeke, Cooper and Gallup) were seen on the sidelines during key times all game long, especially late in the 4th with the game on the line. Everyone contributed to that loss.

What's being missed in the narrative of the Eagles game was Dak was hurt. Everyone knew it but Jason Garrett and he didn't lean on the run game more.

But you are correct. The receivers fell flat. Zeke got shut down.

Dak keeps getting blamed for other guys not stepping up when he was hurt.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What's being missed in the narrative of the Eagles game was Dak was hurt. Everyone knew it but Jason Garrett and he didn't lean on the run game more.

The haters know that, but they still blame Dak regardless. A----GEN---DA---!!!!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I don’t like the Eagirls either but I can’t argue against it. Cowboys have lost the right to make these claims. Not a fan of them but one thing Pederson can do is get a injury riddled team some Ws at the end of the season.

Good point, I got the Giants and Skins with more wins this year also, I’m hoping that MM can maximize the talent for Dallas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good point, I got the Giants and Skins with more wins this year also, I’m hoping that MM can maximize the talent for Dallas.
I'm telling you man...its easy to write off Giants and Commanders.....this whole division will be better this year. I Don't know if it will show up in the W column but this division will be better.

Reaction score
I mean right now the Eagles are the favorites in the NFC East. The Cowboys last year were healthy, lost the division, and from a talent perspective will be worse this upcoming season. The Eagles were an injured mess, are not worse from a talent perspective, and won the division.

We might have already seen the offensive peak last year unless Mccarthy can somehow scheme Dak to success. It wouldn't take much to improve the defense, and yet I'm not convinced that Nolan can make it happen, his track record is not impressive.
That's my optimistic outlook for the day. :D

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t like the Eagirls either but I can’t argue against it. Cowboys have lost the right to make these claims. Not a fan of them but one thing Pederson can do is get a injury riddled team some Ws at the end of the season.
I don't disagree with you on the division, but I can certainly argue against the Eagles getting the #1 seed and a bye in the playoffs. They were only a rat's hair better than the Cowboys last season. Even in the division I think a reasonable argument can be made for either Philly or Dallas.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I'm telling you man...its easy to write off Giants and Commanders.....this whole division will be better this year. I Don't know if it will show up in the W column but this division will be better.

skins and giants will win more games. Both will still suck. I honestly don’t think wentz will play long in this league. Eagles will be a 9-7 team this year. Cowboys played sloppy football last year, special teams was absolutely horrible. We all know how bad our coaching was last year, new offense, new defense scheme finally . We are still the most talented team in the east, what you did last year in our division really doesn’t carry over into next year. When was the last time we had back to back division champions?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:muttley::facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please get rid of that dreaded red head.. it time brother.

Maybe when we get a bit closer to the start of the season.

I still enjoy tweaking the Garrett lovers too much to drop it already. They made excuses for that clown for 10 years, I deserve a few months to rub their noses in it.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Maybe when we get a bit closer to the start of the season.

I still enjoy tweaking the Garrett lovers too much to drop it already.
got to open the door and let the flies out before you serve a good meal.
:):thumbup::(

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I mean they did what we couldn't do. Trust me I'm the last person to speak in favor of the Eagirls. They are overrated every year. Them and their quarterback. I give Wentz no props for beating the lowest of the low in December. But I'll give the credit to their coach. I can't in one sentence say they suck but then not give Pederson credit for racking up a few wins and getting backups to play in place of starters. A trait our old coaching staff just couldn't do except in 2016 when Romo went down and Dak came in.
They did what Dallas couldn't do because the team quit on the coach. Had another team outside the division played philly its 95 percent they would have lost. They didn't play well the month of December and won by default. Just my opinion though

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not being the favorites does not mean done. You keep adding words to my posts that do not exist.
The numbers say Byron Jones is a top 10 CB in the NFL and that is looking at those numbers in the most negative light I can. Also, you are right that the draft has not happened, but judging a draft class takes years so it would change nothing about a prediction before the season starts about who is the favorite in the NFC East. The only thing I can be sure of in the draft is the rather obvious point that statistically the lower in the draft you draft the less improvement you typically get from it. Obviously its a trend so teams can, and often do, both over and under perform that metric, but when making predictions that trendline is the best metric there is.

I never predicted the Cowboys would or would not take the NFC east this year. That was not what I took issue with. In an earlier post you stated the Cowboys "from a talent perspective will be worse this upcoming season" and overall I disagree. Yes we lost Jones and Frederick. Jones is good and Frederick is great, but I don't think they are irreplaceable. We may take a bit of a downgrade at those 2 positions, but we're upgrading at others. I see Jarwin starting at TE as an upgrade, we have 2 good placekickers competing to replace Maher and either of those two would definitely be an upgrade. DT's Poe and McCoy are both upgrades at their positions, and LVE is healthy again.
We still don't know for sure about right DE. Quinn was a good pass rusher but not so much against the run. If Aldon Smith or whoever ends up with DE does a reasonable job then I don't believe we're necessarily worse for talent this year.
And we still have a draft on the way. We could still pick up more help there.
Sorry, but I think you're jumping the gun claiming we have worse talent than last year.